Canada's Wonderland

Engage with like-minded members and discuss the world of theme parks and attractions here.
fizzog

Just wondering if anyone else has visited this park in Vaughan, near Toronto. It's a HUGE park with about 12 coasters, (ranging from perfect to terrible), and though its theming is somewhat mixed up, it's so mixed up that it almost becomes a theme of its own, and the atmosphere there is unbelievable, (equal to the Towers and DLP in my opinion).

http://www.pcwjunkies.com/pcw/pcwmap.htm

This map shows how big it is! Anyone?
FIZZOG
Big D

I have family over in Canada and we are visiting them in August this year. They have found out about my love for rollercoasters and adrenaline fuelled fun and have promised me a trip to Canadas Wonderland.

Has anyone been? Can anyone tell me which rides to definately ride? What is your opinion of the park? I would appreciate a comparison to Alton if one could be made? I'm really looking forward to the visit - they've promised me 2 days at least. When family visited England they went to Alton Towers and said they preferred it to Canadas Wonderland.

I would appreciate the opinion of other enthusiasts rather than trawling the internet reading Paramounts promotional material.

Cheers
We can categorically state that we have not released man-eating badgers into the area.
Ram737

Yeah i went to Canada Wonderland when i was much younger, dont really remember too much of it but i bet new there are plenty new rides and attractions today.

I have relatives that live in Montreal, when i go visit there i often go to La Ronde, they have some decent rides there.
dstone_uk
Location: Ug Basketball, Ug Land, Alton Towers, Staffs, ST10 4DB :D

i went last year, it was quite a good park but TBH i did stugle to do it all in a day. I was only there for a day and it would be hard to pick out the best rollercaoster, Top Gun is like a massive version of traumatizer, yet the on ride DVD is well worth it for a suverneer as it contains some quite good park footage as well as a DVD of you on ride. The italin job stunt tracj was also a good ride with lots of good specal effects, erm carn't rely compare it to anething in england.
They also have a free outdoor waterpark and all of the rides in there are excelent, alot bigger than those we get over there so if your there for 2 days i would recomend at least half a day in there (don't forget your suntan!!!) The standing coaster was a bit disapointing (Sorry carn'y rember the name) and i enjoyed every flat ride i went on!!
Erm, i'll try and rember some more mate but stugling a bit at the moment.

Also if you got to niagra falls then theres a park called marine land that i loved and also if you venture a little way into the US from niagra then Six Flags Darren Lake was the best theme park i have ever visited outside europe

hope that was helpfull, sorry i wasen't there long enought for any of the shows if yo have any percific question i'lkl try and answer them

david

(*)corkscrew rules(*)D

Big D

im spending 4 weeks over there so hopefully i will be able to take in other parks so those names are appreciated. Cheers.
We can categorically state that we have not released man-eating badgers into the area.
CGM

Top Gun is like a massive version of traumatizer
It's not any bigger than Traumatizer, it's essentially the same ride. They are both standard SLCs
dstone_uk
Location: Ug Basketball, Ug Land, Alton Towers, Staffs, ST10 4DB :D

[quote=""CGM""]
Top Gun is like a massive version of traumatizer
It's not any bigger than Traumatizer, it's essentially the same ride. They are both standard SLCs[/quote]

sorry, when i rode it scemed to be taller than trauma and jsut genrally wider, but if i'm wrong about that sorry

(*)corkscrew rules(*)D

XtremeCoasters Rick

It seems Canada's Wonderland might be taking the record from Cedar Point for the biggest dive coaster, premiering Yukon Striker (accidentally leaked by Canada's CBC broadcasting company). Its still not officially announced, so I'm classing this is a rumour for now.

Interesting to see a vertical loop on a dive coaster and overall I think the layout looks great until the MCBR. The 2nd drop and helix look a little disappointing, but it looks like a great coaster regardless. 
Gentlemen, start your engines !!
MakoMania

Here's a full POV video:

https://youtu.be/EObk5avwT3w
SeaWorld has rescued over 35,000 animals in need![/i]
lewis97
Admin
Admin

Canada's Wonderland recently released an official POV for Yukon Striker - seems to be about what you'd expect from a modern B&M dive coaster:

[/center]

The ride's somewhat 'extra' baggage system did catch my eye though, with loose articles getting to go on their own ride whilst guests are on the coaster, as guests place them on shelves which are transported on an overhead rail to the other side of the station which is timed so that you'll be able to collect what you put in them once you get off the ride.