Alton Towers Resort - Music and Videos

General discussion regarding the UK's No.1 Theme Park. Talk about anything and everything Alton Towers here.
User avatar
Stan.H
Member
Member
Posts: 1037
Joined: Sat Jan 31, 2015 10:04 am
Location: astroworld

Justin wrote:
Stan.H wrote:Yeah they are, the tracks called "Bestest in the Barn" I believe.
That is the one I couldn't remember. To me, that is the one which screams out CBeebies purely for Ents dancing along to it one year. It actually is one of my favourite moments at Alton ever.
Strangely enough, same here! When I wrote the original post this was the main song I wanted to know the name off - mainly as it’s been in my head all season and I didn’t want to wait all closed season to Shazam it at a later point. But that track does scream Cbeebies Land for me and I did love a bit of Charlie & Lola too! :)
User avatar
Justin
Member
Member
Posts: 2705
Joined: Thu Apr 17, 2014 2:51 pm

I have a video of the CBeebies Ents team dancing to this a couple of years back. One of my favourite Alton Towers moments ever!
User avatar
Nickolai
Member
Member
Posts: 503
Joined: Sun Jul 17, 2016 5:36 pm
Location: Lincolnshire

I know this is not exact audio, however Coastervideos have released a video showcasing Wicker Man from a brand new perspective! But also the fact that in the background you can hear some unreleased Wicker Man sound effects as well as a brief moment of ambient audio from the preshow too.
Image
Formally Smiler313
User avatar
Justin
Member
Member
Posts: 2705
Joined: Thu Apr 17, 2014 2:51 pm

That is a really cool video. Love it!
User avatar
AltonOperator
Member
Member
Posts: 364
Joined: Mon Mar 20, 2017 6:46 pm
Location: Exactly 65.38 miles from Nemesis' entrance

Not sure if this has been on here before but I'll post it again anyway.
The Hex theme is available as piano sheet music. It was transcribed by ear by Alastair Adams so is not my work. I took his sheet music and turned it into a musescore file if any of you use that. I also made a couple of minor changes where I saw and could fix slight mistakes. The piece makes great use of triplets but I feel there must be a key signature missing somewhere from the amount of flats used. I know the ending sounds a bit dodgy but that's what the pdf I have said was correct.

Video
Original Notation
My Musescore file
Image
Image
Thanks Jack
User avatar
Nutty Man
Member
Member
Posts: 98
Joined: Sun Dec 24, 2017 6:00 pm
Location: Somewhere

AltonOperator wrote:Not sure if this has been on here before but I'll post it again anyway.
The Hex theme is available as piano sheet music. It was transcribed by ear by Alastair Adams so is not my work. I took his sheet music and turned it into a musescore file if any of you use that. I also made a couple of minor changes where I saw and could fix slight mistakes. The piece makes great use of triplets but I feel there must be a key signature missing somewhere from the amount of flats used. I know the ending sounds a bit dodgy but that's what the pdf I have said was correct.

Video
Original Notation
My Musescore file
I remember learning this a while back as well as a few others, from a towers street page if anyone is interested:
https://towersstreet.com/talk/threads/t ... thread.30/
(P.S. hi again)
Image
Complete credit goes to the bubbleboi
User avatar
Loakin
Member
Member
Posts: 51
Joined: Fri Oct 13, 2017 9:09 pm
Location: United Kingdom
Contact:

Does anyone have Galactica's full soundtrack, or at least the in the hall of the mountain king part of the soundtrack.
Image
User avatar
Cobby
Member
Member
Posts: 97
Joined: Sun Feb 02, 2014 8:16 pm
Location: The Twilight Zone

Loakin wrote:Does anyone have Galactica's full soundtrack, or at least the in the hall of the mountain king part of the soundtrack.
This isn't the best quality recording of it but as far as I know it's the full soundtrack. The in the hall of the mountain king part is around the 13:40 mark
Image
User avatar
Nickolai
Member
Member
Posts: 503
Joined: Sun Jul 17, 2016 5:36 pm
Location: Lincolnshire

Check this out...
Image
Formally Smiler313
User avatar
apx00
New Member
New Member
Posts: 10
Joined: Mon May 20, 2019 7:24 pm

Does anyone know where I can find the full 25 minute theme for Spinball Whizzer?
I've been looking for ages and I can't find anything. The best I've found is the extended version uploaded by Theme Park Music Looped on YouTube but it's only a 7 minute recording.

I can remember hearing the full version a couple years back on YouTube but it seems to be gone now :(
User avatar
MakoMania
Member
Member
Posts: 1612
Joined: Fri Feb 20, 2015 10:29 am
Location: Who knows?

I have a 16 minute Spinball extract on my phone, not the full 25 mins though. It's a recording I pulled from youtube a couple of years back.
SeaWorld has rescued over 35,000 animals in need![/i]
User avatar
apx00
New Member
New Member
Posts: 10
Joined: Mon May 20, 2019 7:24 pm

Is there any chance you could send it to me?
I never get chance to do that stuff when I'm there
User avatar
ThemeParkML
New Member
New Member
Posts: 3
Joined: Sat Dec 10, 2016 9:40 pm
Location: United Kingdom
Contact:

aps00 wrote:Does anyone know where I can find the full 25 minute theme for Spinball Whizzer?
I've been looking for ages and I can't find anything. The best I've found is the extended version uploaded by Theme Park Music Looped on YouTube but it's only a 7 minute recording.

I can remember hearing the full version a couple years back on YouTube but it seems to be gone now :(
Hi there,
We do have a 15 minute recording of the Spinball Whizzer soundtrack and we are planning to upload it soon.
We might try to also get a recording of the full soundtrack when we next visit Alton Towers again soon.
Theme Park Music Looped
Looping Your Favourite Theme Park Music
_____________________________________________
https://www.youtube.com/ThemeParkMusicLooped

Image
User avatar
apx00
New Member
New Member
Posts: 10
Joined: Mon May 20, 2019 7:24 pm

ThemeParkML wrote:
aps00 wrote:Does anyone know where I can find the full 25 minute theme for Spinball Whizzer?
I've been looking for ages and I can't find anything. The best I've found is the extended version uploaded by Theme Park Music Looped on YouTube but it's only a 7 minute recording.

I can remember hearing the full version a couple years back on YouTube but it seems to be gone now :(
Hi there,
We do have a 15 minute recording of the Spinball Whizzer soundtrack and we are planning to upload it soon.
We might try to also get a recording of the full soundtrack when we next visit Alton Towers again soon.
Ah cool. Thank you!!
User avatar
ATMusic
New Member
New Member
Posts: 2
Joined: Tue Jun 18, 2019 5:55 pm

Areas: https://drive.google.com/open?id=1ZVShK ... 778nY45nRs

Attractions, Events & Shows: https://drive.google.com/open?id=1XHeP8 ... NlacQvyNNM

Hotels: https://drive.google.com/open?id=1vVmwF ... 5WO3aU_zpv

Misc Sounds: https://drive.google.com/open?id=17BEEj ... Dx5qCcCT0e

Restaurants: https://drive.google.com/open?id=1pJvjh ... h6HcnraG8d

Rides: https://drive.google.com/open?id=1eEbMT ... Sqk9ZrsT9C

3.6GB.
All should be public.


If you have anything but want to send it to me privately, I would appreciate it!
Looking for recent / high quality / rare tracks.
User avatar
ProfBurp
Member
Member
Posts: 63
Joined: Sun Feb 17, 2019 11:40 am

Only noticed it for the first time today, but on the Monorail, specifically the Jelly Bean train the music is very similar to the old CWoAR entrance music! Brought back a lot of memories for me, it’s normally so quiet that I’ve never really noticed it until now! Has anyone had the same thoughts?
User avatar
Loakin
Member
Member
Posts: 51
Joined: Fri Oct 13, 2017 9:09 pm
Location: United Kingdom
Contact:

Found this really awesome mashup of some of the park's soundtracks in 8-bit form: https://soundcloud.com/thrillseyker/alton-towers-chiptune-medley
Image
User avatar
Liam.W
Member
Member
Posts: 1080
Joined: Sat Mar 21, 2015 5:12 pm
Location: Rotherham

I think this version of the soundtrack is better...  :lol :lol :lol

This needs to be Alton's official soundtrack...
Ride count since the beginning of 2015: 2632!
Ride count 2021: 416!
Cred count: 167!

Image
User avatar
Nickolai
Member
Member
Posts: 503
Joined: Sun Jul 17, 2016 5:36 pm
Location: Lincolnshire

If only there was Alton Towers Live still!
Image
Formally Smiler313
User avatar
Morgan
Member
Member
Posts: 1600
Joined: Tue Sep 02, 2014 12:22 pm
Location: Altonville Mines

In a surprise move, a few of the modern Scarefest Tracks including Freak Show, Darkest Depths, The Attic, alongside Dungeon and Duel have appeared on YouTube!
Post Reply