Alton Towers Resort - Music and Videos

General discussion regarding the UK's No.1 Theme Park. Talk about anything and everything Alton Towers here.
Voke

But it's the same for normal -everyday- music. You can be loyal fans to a band and see them live every month for all the record label care. But you'll still get a fine/warning for breaching copyright if you're caught downloading their music illegally.

Luckily Merlin aren't that strict yet, and hopefully, will never be.
siralgenon

If they take the music off of here then someone's going to be dealing with an angry guest on the 26th. :D
James

[quote=""siralgenon""]If they take the music off of here then someone's going to be dealing with an angry guest on the 26th. :D[/quote]
How will you express your anger? Serious question, I'm actually quite curious now. :lol:

As much as I hate this, Merlin are just doing what any other company would. Most of the audio used at Alton is created by composers and not Merlin so there will be a few problems with rights. It understandable this has happened, although I hope the older audio files get to stay online as there have been no problems with them in the past.
Islander

[quote=""Voke""]Merlin own the right to every single soundtrack on the Park...[/quote]
I don't think that's quite true - I'm fairly sure that a lot of it (in Merlin as a whole at least, if not just AT) is owned by others, and Merlin simply pay royalties for using it. Still, there's definitely a fair whack of Merlin/Tussauds original stuff.

Ah well, I kinda guessed it would end something like this. Was rather awesome while it lasted, though :D
Nightfall

I really think there should be a loop hole in the law allowing private hosting and downloading for non-profitable use if the owner of the music has no intention of making it available for purchase.

I would happily pay for the Alton Towers music the same way I do for the Doctor Who soundtrack. Unfortunately distribution rights are always going to be a problem but if nobody’s making it available then there’s no one I can pay for their amazing work.
[align=center]Image[/align]
Big Dave

All they will do is force file sharing underground. Ok so the media wont be publish on this forum, but we all know people have got in on their hard drives. It will just get passed around via MSN and file sharing sites!
Rob L

[quote=""siralgenon""]If they take the music off of here then someone's going to be dealing with an angry guest on the 26th. :D[/quote]
And you will be wasting your time, we have no right to have this music, the fact that so much was made available was simply good luck. If there are rights issues regarding the music then whatever Merlin/Towers are doing is fair enough. I loved having all the music available but realistically knew that it was always going to come to an end, leaks of things such as music are never going to go down well, and we have no leg to stand on demanding that the music should be made available for free download.

:)

Tom M

[quote=""Big Dave""]All they will do is force file sharing underground. Ok so the media wont be publish on this forum, but we all know people have got in on their hard drives. It will just get passed around via MSN and file sharing sites![/quote]
Yeah I saw this coming so every file uploaded I saved to hard drive. Will happily re-upload if anyone missed out.
siralgenon

I just think its a load of balls to be honest, most of us are Towers Nerds 24/7 and its not much for some of the best themepark music in the world to be on an AT fansite is it?
Adz
Admin
Admin

Thing is, having these files up is COPYRIGHT VIOLATION. It is a very serious crime.

It is nothing to do with 'being nice to the fans' or anything of the sort.

I've had a very similar run in with Merlin myself about the exact same issue, once it was explained I was fully on Merlins side with this one.
Lord Antaz

Quite annoyed, giving that the project I'm doing invlolves this music. But it's true about copyright. It's good music though so it would be a shame if some good tracks were removed.
siralgenon

Would you mind explaining?

I personally don't agree with people splashing them all over YouTube etc.
But on a respectable fan site like Towers Times there should'nt be a problem :?
[Archive]

Whether it is on YouTube of Towers Times (respectable? Pah!), it is the fact that it is on the internet that matters. Really, this was always going to happen, no need to moan, really...
siralgenon

Have Towers Times ever actually asked AT it they can put the music on the website and get there permition instead of getting it from varoius sources (if thats where it comes from?)?
Adz
Admin
Admin

No permission is ever granted or asked for. It wouldn't be given!
siralgenon

I don't know? it would be worth a try the least they could say is no.
Adam

Life doesn't work like that. You can't simply get around copyright infringement by simply sucking up.

Face it, it was inevitable. Nothing will change.

Was a good run while it went un-noticed. Just yet another thing taken away. If only they did the smart thing and release the tracks the legal way, like Disney do, Europa Park do etc... then this wouldn't happen!

Towers could easily get all the permission needed to release tracks commercially. Via downloads or via a CD, either way it's a simple option that they should take.
"It would be spiteful to put Jellyfish in a trifle..."
Big Dave

Maybe they will look into doing it in the future. Maybe its why they are clamping down on it on these sites, so that they can charge people for a CD in the future. Who knows? All I do know is that for the mean time AT will not stop the spread of audio as people will just pass it around via file sharing sites.
thefatone

Yes.. but that's not the point here, very few of the tracks played at towers have no copyright (or are royalty free).

We'd have no problem with sharing stuff like Vampire Night (used in duel live). But you get problems with majority of anything else.
Joel

[quote=""thefatone""]
We'd have no problem with sharing stuff like Vampire Night (used in duel live).[/quote]

Oooh, who's "we"? :P