Alton Towers Resort - Music and Videos

General discussion regarding the UK's No.1 Theme Park. Talk about anything and everything Alton Towers here.
vinyljunkie

hopefully going to give it a bash soon, been working some mad hours just now lol
Dr.Kelham

Okay good luck :)
With thanks to lewis97 :)
graemem

Hi All,

its the same nemesis video as before but I thought id see what it was like in slow motion.. Its quite funny to pick up all the details and even people standing..

let me know what you think...

Justin

KoasterKraver wrote:Hi all, I have emailed IMAScore (the amazing people who produced The Smiler music) to ask them of they had the full copy of the music and they have replied with

"Hi,

thank you very much for your request! Unfortunately we cannot send you the full 75 minutes music and sound atmosphere of THE SMILER. We produced it for Alton Towers Resort exclusively and right now it’s only hearable on site.

Best regards,

Xaver Willebrand
CEO & Project Manager"

Fingers crossed one day they will release it. I do have a copy of half of it however it is quite bad quality.
I have posted this on Alton's Facebook page, however it would be good if they released the track on CD and sell it in the 'Buy The Smiler' store. They could also do this with other themes and charge a small amount for each or put them all onto one CD album.
lewis97
Admin
Admin

The problem is that it wouldn't take very long for people to upload the full soundtracks to Youtube or wherever else, and then the exclusivity is gone.
Justin

True, but even a shortened down version would be great on CD!
Tom170499

Has anyone got the Dark Forest version of the Rita exit announcement? If they have and would send it to me, I'd be very grateful. Thanks :)
graemem

Hey all,

I did a quick Smiler video. See what you think...

let me know your thoughts good or bad.. thats how we get better.

http://youtu.be/AA0WWlaNYsE
KoasterKraver

The background music of this is one of the greatest recordings ever made of the smiler FULL tune!!!
If someone could deduce the music from the video and share it I and many others would be VERY thankful.
p0wer

Hello,

greetings from Germany. Last I am looking for the background music of "The Smiler" in the dark room with the illusions (room in 10:55 in this video: I don´t mean the typical Smiler-Soundtrack with the laugh "hahaha", but the other bass tones which sound a little bit mysterious and psychopathic.
KoasterKraver

I have found a recording this piece of audio somewhere on Vimeo I think. I just searched the smiler and a load of high quality stuff popped up. Have a look!
Snappy135

Hi everyone,

I was wondering if anyone has a mp3 download (or knows where one is!) to the Rita announcement thing that says:

"keep your head back, hold on tight, you must escape... GO GO GO"

Thanks

-Snappy135
Count-Vonduel

Is having AT audio classed as copyright?
Ryan.B

I don't think having it is but I don't know about sharing things which haven't been released, like the smiler soundtrack. Soundtracks on YouTube and already released audio is ok I think, not 100% sure though 8-[
KoasterKraver

Merlin allow their audio to be used as long as it not used for anything other than what they call 'advertising' for them. For example, using the audio in another theme park or attraction would be classed as breaking the copyright rules but for alton towers, thorpe park and other merlin parks, it would be absolutely fine to use the audio. They basically don't want you using it for anything other than theme park purposes. Also, the shortened version of The Smiler soundtrack is fine to use plus most other soundtracks. Alton Towers are more protective over the official lengthy audio. TowersTunes do good, and so do TowersTimes but around half of the audio was removed due to copyright reasons.

KoasterKraver
Morgan

Like snappy, does anyone have to Rita "Keep you heads back, hold on tight, you must escape. Go go go" and the exit announcement.
Thanks!
thi3teenloverboy14

Hi, Has anyone got the recording for thi3teens announcements like when it says 'pull down your lapbar' or Exit to the right' and the one where it plays as you get dispatched If you go down to the woods to day etc ect
Thanks i have found the sound track for it but not the announcements!
Alex Tyler
Location: Air, Forbidden Valley, Alton Towers, Alton, Staffordshire, ST10 4DB

Was the CCL theme used on the SkyRide at one time, or am I going mad?
inFusion

Anyone got the original Rita keep your heads back announcement? If you've got the new one that'd be good too. Thanks.
Tom170499

inFusion wrote:Anyone got the original Rita keep your heads back announcement? If you've got the new one that'd be good too. Thanks.
They're both on Youtube and they're of high quality. Just search 'Alton Towers Rita Past/Present Launch Announcement'