Alton Towers Resort - Music and Videos

General discussion regarding the UK's No.1 Theme Park. Talk about anything and everything Alton Towers here.
torps2351

I meant an individual
Last edited by torps2351 on Fri Sep 23, 2011 4:00 am, edited 1 time in total.
Magrathea

In which case such music is not your creative property and it would be illegal and immoral to earn money from it, sorry!

:)
torps2351

Doesn't mean that people wouldn't pay for it, considering nothing gets released
Jordan

First of all, I doubt you'd sell many before Merlin's legal department came knocking. It's the equivalent of selling copied DVDs at a market, you could get in a lot of hot water for it.

And secondly, who would you be selling to? Most enthusiasts have a lot, if not all of the music anyway, through one means or other. I'd dare say that many enthusiasts wouldn't buy an unofficial CD which is infringing the park's rights for your personal profit anyway, as they'd like to support the park, even if they aren't releasing their music officially.
torps2351

But theres loads of things people want like announcements and music
Last edited by torps2351 on Fri Sep 23, 2011 2:46 am, edited 1 time in total.
James

[quote=""torps2351""]But theres loads of things people want like announcements for hex oblivion thirteen duel, or videos like the dolls house, or hex's original video, black hole lift, duel screams. Different park shows, fireworks audios. Demo and different versions of music from toyland tours or hex has lots of different versions that were tried

Or outakes from when they were recording ride announcements[/quote]
True, but I think it would be wrong to sell these pieces to others. As much as I'd like certain pieces of unreleased music, I would never buy it off anyone that ever offers the pieces I want.

I have a lot of music. Some downloaded, and I've had one or two members send me PM's in the past with rare pieces of Alton Towers music. Would I ever sell these? In a simple answer, no. I like to think us enthusiasts (particularly the Alton Towers/TowersTimes enthusiast community) as a very helpful and friendly bunch that do things out of kindness. I'd happily give anyone pieces of music I have free of charge, simply because there is no need to sell the music - plus the obvious fact it is entirely illegal.

Nothing gets released, but we simply live with the fact Alton Towers/Merlin do not want to release these pieces of music - we've also got to remember that most of the audio is created out of house by composers and companies these days so there is no simply way for Alton to release the music they want (well they could, but they clearly don't think it would sell well).
torps2351

Well its all available
Magrathea

I would say general theme park music etiquette applies here: if you have new music which you'd like to share, then please do, but if you'd rather keep the tracks to yourself it's probably not wise to boast about having them :).
torps2351

I'm happy to share, but I think you can make some money from it
Islander

You realise that Towers and Merlin management regularly read these boards, right ? :?

Most BBC programmed are available for a while after broadcasting on iPlayer - have you not considered ripping them to DVD and selling them on?

'Course you could always pop down to the local cinema with a camcorder, record something newly-released for the cost of a ticket, and sell on the films on Blueray.

:roll:
torps2351

Not interested in the morals, I'm taking about the stuff that people could get via me
Last edited by torps2351 on Fri Sep 23, 2011 4:01 am, edited 1 time in total.
Bote

Regardless of wether people want it or not, the main people who would be intrested in this are the enthusiast community. I think it's fair to say that none/very few members of an enthusiast community would ever pay for audio unless it was an official release.
torps2351

Don't believe that at all
Magrathea

I would definitely like to think that certainly our enthusiast community are nowhere near morally corrupt enough to allow a third party to earn money through material which wasn't theirs.

This would also be highly illegal activity, so I'd personally question why you're discussing it in such a public manner, with the legal implications that it holds.
MinteButtons

I would stop carrying this on.
This board is read by Alton and Merlin management and you could potentially get in a lot of trouble.

I honestly believe most people on here would rather buy a CD from the park, as it would benefit them and it is also legal.

:)
torps2351

Well everyone is welcome to contact me with their requests
Joel

I think its fair to say that if Merlin/Alton Towers wish to have words with torps2351 about his activities, I'm sure they will in due course. That is, of course, his choice to be so public about what he has access to :D

That aside of course TowersTimes isn't a ground for free advertising or any kind of selling, of any kind of products by members, so any further discussion drifting along the lines of "selling" music on the board wouldn't be appreciated and is likely to be removed.

Thanks guys :D
torps2351

http://kiwi6.com/file/o3y5v71j3i

Was asked to upload this
Last edited by torps2351 on Thu Sep 22, 2011 10:08 pm, edited 1 time in total.
SEALIFE

[quote=""torps2351""]http://kiwi6.com/file/o3y5v71j3i

Was asked to upload this[/quote]

Oh Woah, asif he had the genuine copy of TRR 2006 music. Shame he wouldnt share rarther than asking for money!
barryzola

Just uploaded some of my Behind the Scenes Tour footage from Alton Towers in 2006. See it here:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DahtxwyJYo8

Click on my channel for more (and better) in depth behind the scenes footage of Rita and Hex : )

P.S - It's good quality so you can expand it to half screen(ish) size.