The Story of Alton Towers DVD

General discussion regarding the UK's No.1 Theme Park. Talk about anything and everything Alton Towers here.
Spike
Location: Curled up in Nemmies claws. Sound asleep and purring like a kitten.

Carl Orff - Carmina Burana
Paul Oakenfold - Ready Steady Go
Coldplay - Clocks
Hex On-ride music
Timo Mass - To get down
Reeves & Mortimor - Dizzy

There are a few in house made track and a couple of classical tunes i recognise but not gonna trawl through my collection to find em. There are a couple i don't know either.
MY HAND IS A DOLPHIN!!! >:O
*Honest Cint!*
Alton13Nemesis

I just received this DVD in the post today. Sounds good, but i agree- the Oblivion colour sequence is rather cheesy
:D
insidethetowers network
DavidRock

Got the DVD and I agree with others it's good but could have been better......
Alton13Nemesis wrote: I just received this DVD in the post today. Sounds good, but i agree- the Oblivion colour sequence is rather cheesy
:D
So agree feels a bit trippy with the inverted colours on this part of the DVD....

Still worth a watch during close season though
Ripsaw Raver

i really wish they would do an updated one.
:censored: me off when that :censored: says " Oblivions absoloutly vertical and when he says sometimes they stop you for 1 sec 2 seconds or 3 seconds..! Its not feature, its a dodgy holding break! grrrrr

Edit by Boz: Watch the language outside the dragon bar please ;)
Last edited by Ripsaw Raver on Thu Jan 17, 2013 12:32 pm, edited 1 time in total.
CHECK OUT MY FLICKR PHOTOSTREAM
http://www.flickr.com/photos/djthorpeimages/

Why is Nemesis Inferno really Inferior
MitchHawker Steel CoasterPoll 2012
Nemesis at #12
Nemesis Inferno at#123
Dr Kelman

I don't think its down to Oblivion having a dodgy holding break.
Some people who get interviewd arn't really enthusiasts so don't really know how to describe things.
Yeah would be a very good idea too see how most of the new rides and attractions work.
Last edited by Dr Kelman on Thu Jan 17, 2013 12:32 pm, edited 1 time in total.
PeteB

I have this DVD, although it's sitting on my shelf gathering dust, but still an essential purchase for any AT enthusiast.

It really does need updating or even better we need a whole new documentary on Alton Towers as there hasn't been anything of that kind for quite some time.  I'm hoping that something is in the process of being filmed now, what with SW7 and all that given it's the biggest ride since Oblivion - which was 14 years ago.
Themeparksandy1981

If anyone wants to watch this and not pay over £10 for it then if you or your parents have got Lovefilm then rent it off them I did this and I truely say I wouldn't watch it again but I do enjoy watching the BBC program that they made during the 90's about the staff and behind the scenes of Alton Towers.
CoasterCrazyChris

PeteB wrote: I have this DVD, although it's sitting on my shelf gathering dust, but still an essential purchase for any AT enthusiast.

It really does need updating or even better we need a whole new documentary on Alton Towers as there hasn't been anything of that kind for quite some time.  I'm hoping that something is in the process of being filmed now, what with SW7 and all that given it's the biggest ride since Oblivion - which was 14 years ago.
I think it shows how special Alton Towers was in the 90s when there were so many people willing to make documentaries about the park, including the BBC. Whereas now.....hmm.
Themeparkinjection

I dont think I would watch it myself.
Piplup2003

I know this is a bit of a dead thread but does anyone know where you can get this at a decent price now (Amazon can piss off, I am not spending £35 on it). This DVD was my most prominant childhood memory and I'd love to see it again seeing as my copy is buried in a box somewhere!
This is a local signature for local people, there's nothing for you here.