Possible Blade Replacement

Got an idea of how the Alton Towers Resort may develop over the coming seasons? Discuss it here.
Liam

TowersTimes has learnt that a possible replacement for Blade is in the process of being looked at. This image was posted on ATA, and I personally think that it would look perfect for Forbidden Valley. The poster, Frazer, suggests the name "Shredder". What are your thoughts?

MostMagicalCat

intesting, but i would envisage lots of lanscaping to sink most of it.

would they "DECOMITION" blade or move it, seems a shame for the kiddies to move it
[
oldgitBEN

hmmm theres a rather large size difference, particularly on the ground they cover - seems slightly difficult as FV has quite narrow and congested paths to start with.

Id quite like to see something new particularly a giro-swing like that but isnt FV one of the highest points in the park - I dont think it would be best suited there.

Currently Im thinking its nothing more than abit of forum rubbish, but if it maretialises I'll be more than happy to say im wrong end excited to ride it.

PS - shredder is a decent name, prefer blender though!
MostMagicalCat

PS - shredder is a decent name, prefer blender though!
why not go all the way and call it steamer, perhaps toaster even tosser, erm from the salad/kitchen perspective of course

if they get rid( god forbid ) of the alien wepon, then perhaps there is enough room
[
Liam

Here's an interesting possibility...

The 4 supports could rest on the top of each side of the trench and then I think it would be great to have a longer arm so that the seating hangs lower than the support footers, deep in the trench. Would look very impressive then, like some sort of trench digger itself. :)
Love the name 'Shredder', another machinery part like Ripsaw.
AstroDan

When I read that thread over at ATA I thought no chance, due to the height. Whilst it's interesting and would be a no doubt good addition, I don't think it would come. However, I would be pleased if AT proved me wrong.

I don't see what the poster has that is credible, really?

http://forums.towersalmanac.com/index.p ... opic=13876
Stevogriff

If the managment can get the theming right it would suit FV well.
Height would probably be a slight problem because in the may fair here, theres a ride similar to that and when it is at its highest point, you can see it from my house which is at least 1 mile away.
They probably should keep blade but move it to GW and theme it as a haunted ship. But you cant believe everything you read in a forum.
Wes

This has been a big rumor going around for a fair bit now.

Its said to be smaller than the one at Drayton having 24 seats, I believe. Although, yes the ground coverage in the pit is far smaller than is needed for "Shredder", although, there is the space where the Nemsis tickets used to be and the pit could be extended side ways.

I think it would be very well suited in FV and the themeing looks alright and all :P

Do we know if that picture is offical?

Mugz x

:rock:
oldgitBEN

quite amused he stated its a SW!
Liam

[quote=""AstroDan""]I don't see what the poster has that is credible, really?

http://forums.towersalmanac.com/index.p ... opic=13876[/quote]

No relation at all! I just thought it was a good idea. :)
Liam

[quote=""Muggins""]Do we know if that picture is offical? [/quote]

It's from http://www.hussrides.com/32bGiantFrisbeeAlt.htm
Ash

Its a likely possibility. Footprint and heights arent that different. Could be done
Coasternut

Are we forgetting the fact that Huss are now insolvent? If there have been any developments please correct me but last i heard they were.....

http://www.thrillnetwork.com/stories_vi ... vency.html
Adz
Admin
Admin

This is not the ride considered for the Blade Site.
Sir John Talbot

It's really great they are considering to install a larger swinging flat ride! Especially in such an awsome spot with so much more potential than a Pirate Ship. Another reason for my ever increasing faith in the new management and AT's future :o.

What about this Rush type ride? Is this still being considered by the park? I thought it was an outstanding idea at first, but now I think about it, they come in various sizes (I've seen the one at Knott's, much smaller and less impressive looking), and it dawns on me that AT would much more likely get a smaller version, which puts me off the idea. There is a lot of room around Blade that could be used, and TBH if they dug even a very slight bit to form a deeper trench, I'm sure they could install a much larger, substantial swinging ride like Rush... but being in a trench it would looks extremely visually impressive.
Ketchup

Shame it's not going to happen, the Intamin/Huss/KMG GyroSwing/Frisbee/Afterburner rides I personally think are the best sort of flat ride around. However Alton don't seem to be to keen to put a safe and cheap investment into the park and would rather invest in something abit meh like Rita or CATCF.
CGM

I'm not sure if this would be a wise move. Alton needs more flat rides, not replacements for the current ones. I also think that Submission should be replaced first as it hardly ever runs at full capacity and it's got a reputation for bring painful. However, I think that this is the right kind of flat for Alton to get

If the Huss model is not an option, Alton could go for the slightly smaller but equally thrilling Mondial Revolution which I've heard is meant to be better than Vortex. If this is still too large then maybe an Afterburner
Sir John Talbot

[quote=""KI-netic""]Shame it's not going to happen, the Intamin/Huss/KMG GyroSwing/Frisbee/Afterburner rides I personally think are the best sort of flat ride around. However Alton don't seem to be to keen to put a safe and cheap investment into the park and would rather invest in something abit meh like Rita or CATCF.[/quote]

I wouldn't say that it true for the future. They were planning to install the Woody in 2005, and with more themeing CATCF could've been amazing - the ideas are there, they just didn't quite hit the nail on the head the past 2 years, but I have faith they are going to really try to get some top standard rides in the future!
AstroDan

[quote=""Adz""]This is not the ride considered for the Blade Site.[/quote]

Would you care to enlighten us or is it a restricted area?

:)
Matt 125

What about the Dynamo area. What could go there?

Matt :D