Great White Shark Ride- anyone remember this?

What rides and attractions do you miss? Share your memories of Alton Towers' extensive past here.
James2001

On April 1st 1995, Live & Kicking ran a report on a "new" ride at Alton Towers where they were going to have Great White Sharks in the lake and a ride where you went underwater through them. You were ment to actually go underwater and wear a wetsuit. They also showed the lake with massive sacks of salt piled next to it ready to put into the lake so the sharks could live there. Of course, I fell for this hook line and sinker, and it was only when I mentioned it to my mum later in the day she pointed out what the date was, and obviously, they pointed this fact out on the following weeks show.

Can anyone else remember seeing this? It would be interesting if anyone has it on tape anywhere.
oldgitBEN

i can remember a right little bit about seeing this I was very confused how you would breathe when it went underwater - Ive seen people post about with the details you mentioned above but I dont think Ive ever seen any pictures or videos - unfortunatly.

If anyone does have any pics/vids please share it would be great to see again.
caffeine_demon

"On April 1st 1995"

this date seems to ring a bell!! :oops:
James2001

I know. That's the reason I can remember it.
caffeine_demon

[quote=""James2001""]I know. That's the reason I can remember it.[/quote]

Note = APRIL 1st - IE - ***APRIL FOOLS DAY***

:twisted:
Nemair

[quote=""caffeine_demon""][quote=""James2001""]I know. That's the reason I can remember it.[/quote]

Note = APRIL 1st - IE - ***APRIL FOOLS DAY***

:twisted:[/quote]

He knew that straight from the begining!
Of course, I fell for this hook line and sinker, and it was only when I mentioned it to my mum later in the day she pointed out what the date was, and obviously, they pointed this fact out on the following weeks show.
DDF14

HA HA :lol:

I remember this. In fact I was just googling this to see if there was any reference anywhere.. Suprise suprise TTF..

This just got me interested after the Flume rumours and posters ...
Maybe it could come true in some strange twist of fate :evil:
DiogoJ42

I remember this well!

They said they were going to make the lake salt water, and you'd have to wear a SCUBA suit to ride it. :lol:
AdamPanic

"We don't dooooooo duuuuuuuvets!"
Stern John

I remember it well! I have asked about it on here before and no-one seems to have the video. I would love to see it if possible.
Anyone have access to the BBC archives?