Birthday trip- 19/08/06

Been to an attraction recently? Planning a trip? Tell us about it here or get some hints and tips for your next visit.
Dom1991

It's a bit late, but here's my trip report from Saturday.

We got on the park by about 9:45, paid with some vouchers on the back of some used tickets from earlier trips and got in. We headed straight for FV via the shortcut behind The Flume and got on Nemmy with hardly any queue. The DJ wasn't there yet so we got a bit of time to enjoy the normal atmosphere, shame about the blood falls still not being on. After a good ride on Nemmy, we headed over to Air. The queue was about 30 minutes and at the point where the queue splits to the two stations, a voice over came through the speakers saying that the girl on duty was new and wanted three cheers for her. She was pretty embarrassed after and I think she lost it and started doing things wrong :lol:. We ended up on the left station and grabbed a ride on back row. Back row definitely has the better ride experience IMO, despite what John says about it being the same ride wherever you sit. The speed seemed better than what I could remember from the school trip but it had been raining so the track was probably pretty slippy. After Air, we went straight back on Nemmy, the queue was a tiny bit bigger this time, about 10 mins and this time, the DJ was there. I didn't have much problem with the music played, but it does definitely ruin the overall atmosphere. The front row queue was still big so we dropped a ride there again but surprisingly, back row always seemed to be empty, so we snatched the opportunity and braved it. I was dreading it, going from the way you lot described it, you made me think it'd be as rough as Corky! The ride was great in the end though, the Gs were immense and the speed was great. After that, we went on Air again, similar queue size again, the right hand station was down this time for some reason so we ended up in the left station again. We grabbed a bit of front row this time, I'm personally not that fussed about Air front row, half the time you're looking down anyway, I did see the trim brakes after the in-line twist though, I couldn't imagine them being on.

After our turn in FV, we headed over for Rita, the Skyride was down for a change so we ended up doing the Cross-Valley walk. Last time I walked it was on the Yr. 7 school trip, we didn't get lost this time luckily. Before we got to Ugland, we had a look at the Charlie queue (I still haven't been on it so I haven't seen just how bad it is) and had a look at the driving school. It looked quite fun and as people have said, the theming's quite well done. After a lap around Cred St, we went to Ugland and checked out the queue for Rita. It was pretty big, outside the main entrance but then we noticed that the queue line itself looked a lot smaller than last time I went on it for some reason... We were in there for well over an hour though, and let's just say I turned pretty damn moody. Mainly because; A) I'm not a huge fan of Rita, I love the ride itself but I'm another one who really hates the theme clash and it just puts a huge downer on it for me.
B) I'm claustrophobic so being stuck in a tight cattle pen for over an hour doesn't help much.
and C) there were a group of foreigners behind us who were just generally really annoying, the kept shoving me forward, making it even more cramped for me and when we'd got to front row, at the last minute they decided they'd had enough of queueing and just hopped over the barrier and onto the train being boarded way before it was their turn. A member of staff was told but he didn't seem to do much, from what I saw he just let them on the ride only a few seconds later for them to be at it again in the single rider's queue. Big queues also get me quite nervous and I'm not a huge fan of launched coasters anyway so when I got on the ride, I was a complete bag of nerves. I watched the red light come on and then looked down the launch track before the green came on so it could catch me by surprise, sure enough, it did. The ride is a lot better than I remembered (my last ride was from last season :oops:) the air-time was faultless and the restraint was pretty tight on me though, so I came back to the station with some crushed thighs. Nice. Other than that, it's a great ride. Then it was time for a bit of lunch, we just had a portion of fish 'n' chips and a coke between us from one of the Ug-outlets. The chips were a bit naff but the fish was alright.

Now I start getting confused what we did next.... lol. We headed down to X-sector and pretty much walked straight onto Oblivion. I sat down on Back row, pulled down the restraint and saw two seatbelts. Seconds after, a huge grin on my face appeared. Big boy seat+ stupidly thin person= tons of room= MASSIVE AIRTIME. Going up the lift-hill I was really calm, stupidly excited about the drop. And surprise, surprise, the air-time was incredible. I floated completely out the chair for about 3 seconds. After that, we rushed straight back round again and again, there was hardly a queue. We grabbed a front row this time and I left the restraint loose and once again, great air-time. You just can't get enough of this ride. This is where we get confused. I think we went away from Blivvy and wet elsewhere (can't remember where though) but Dad thinks we went around again for one more ride and THEN left. So I'll just go ahead with Dad's idea for the TR :P. So, we went around on Blivvy once more, tiny bit more of a queue this time and we grabbed another bit of Front row. Next time you want to ride front row, just ask a host, let's just say I wasn't expecting the host to point us to an empty front row. After another good ride, we gave up on Blivvy for a bit and headed over to FV again.

Queues for Nemmy were a tiny bit bigger now but we still got on pretty fast. Again, no one at all was going on back row so we grabbed it again, another great ride, got to be my fave seats on the ride. We then went over to Air but everyone was walking away from the area, we carried on and then found the queue to be huge and the ride look closed anyway. So we headed back for Nemmy and grabbed one more ride. We asked to go on back row this time rather than wait for out turn but the host said no, saying how it's for disabled people and it's easier access to a ride seat. I knew already but despite there were people waiting at the exit ramp, no one seemed to be getting on. We felt like grabbing the back on our turn anyway because no one had still not got on but in the end we didn't risk it and grabbed the back but one row. Not as good as back but hey, it's Nemmy, can you get bad rides on it? :P.

After this we headed down to Gloomy Wood for our ride on Duel we have every trip. As we got near, we saw that the queue was a lot bigger than usual but as we got closer, it wasn't actually part of the queue. We were a bit confused at why people were staring at the building and then we actually looked at the house's front door and noticed both of them were closed. I had a feeling the ride itself might be closed but we joined the queue anyway. After, the gates leading to the side of the warehouse were open and guests were walking out of them now and then. I was guessing the ride was getting evacuated and was down but we carried on queueing. Then a Staff member came out and told everyone in the queue and area to leave as Duel was closed. Does anyone know what was wrong with it in the end?

After that, we went down to Katanga and had a look in the shop to see if Ray was around but no sign of him, Dad ended up buying a magnum anyway and we left. (Yes, an ice cream in the rain :?) We had a bit of time to burn so we went on the rapids for the hell of it. While in the queue though, I spotted the Aqualand sign on one of the buildings. Didn't KC used to be part of Aqualand anyway? So what's that sign all about? We got pretty wet on them the boat was just the two of us so it was pretty lopsided until we sat opposite each other. We ended up doing some camp poses for the camera but just to spoil the moment, my back's facing the camera :lol:.

After that we grabbed on more ride on Blivvy and left the park. The rides were open until 7 but we left at 5:45, I could've kept going but Dad was pretty knackered so we left early. Overall it was a good day, a hell of a lot better than the school trip, even if the weather was a bit crap.

Ride count
Nemesis
Air (back row)
Nemesis (Back row)
Air (Front)
Rita (front)
Oblivion
Oblivion (front)
Oblivion (front)
Nemesis (back)
Nemesis
CRR
Oblivion
-------------------------
Air x2
Nemmy x4
Rita x1
Oblivion x4
Rapids x1
--------------------------
Total: 12
looney

Hey, i was there too. Think Duel was closed between lunch and mid afternoon, but don't know why.