West Midlands Safari Park

Engage with like-minded members and discuss the world of theme parks and attractions here.
Coke

^^
Furie, it is aimed at the children and their families. The small water play structure will be behind it on the hill.

The safari park have been having issues with the suppliers of the water play structure and it has been put on hold until July.
Last edited by Coke on Tue May 19, 2009 7:47 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Are you thirsty?
Coke

All rides will be staying! Knowing an amusement/entertainment manager there helps! Rapids were sorted for permenant permission last year after the council complained, the same thing will happen with Venom.

Are you thirsty?
furie

Oh, okay! It was just the way it seemed to be advertised. It had on the wall of the concrete circle "Coming here soon - Shark Island". It gave the impression to all of us that it was just a new water ride in the concrete circle :lol:

By the way, I don't have an issue with WMSP being aimed at families and kiddies. I have a family and kiddies and we love these places :) We'll be going back to WMSP later in the year for sure it was such a good time (if wet) on Saturday.
If you\'ve got a problem, stuff a worm in it!
Come and Visit the Family_Furie family review site here
Stu

Woo thats great news woop woop!
freyno

will try and find out when i start work but i got told by a engineer at the park that a new coaster would be added, i got told this late last year but was wondering if this is still on due to sredit crunch
Coke

WMSP are looking for something to take them into the big league in thrill rides for 2010/2011, this year's investment is all about families and improving the atmosphere and experience, like Black Fly & Venom queue music and the family village, with a new family attraction too.

Are you thirsty?
Coke

^^
Yeah, the main ride is in the concrete circle with a small water play thing built into the hill behind. Like all WMSP attractions they should be ready for August.

Are you thirsty?
davey_will1980

What does WMSP stand for?
Khanage

West Midland Safari Park
Thanks to Adzy for the sig & av.

ThrillJunkie

Took a trip up there yesterday for the 2nd time this year.

The "Tall Tree's Pavilion" (conference facilities) is now fully open and can be booked out for private functions.

Shark Island - Is still "coming soon". Nothing at all has been done in this area so i would imagine we would see this a new attraction for 2010.

Water Battle - Where is this? I didn't see it?

New Resturant - Again where's this? I didn't notice anything?

New Animal Reserves - Again didn't notice anything different or new? Whats been done? One thing i did notice is with some of the bigger animals (lions, tigers) it's not a safari anymore as there behind fences! Takes the point out of a safari!

Family Fun Villiage - I did notice on the map there is an area marked "African Village - coming soon" where the old goat and deer walk used to be but when i when round and had a look it's still just a field with goats so again nothing new there.

I did also notice there are diggers behind the bat cave but this is prob nothing.

Anyone have anymore information?
ThrillJunkieUK
freyno

last time i was there tree tops isnt actuly finished even though its been open there still doing a few little improvements

din't realy get to the bottom of whats happend to shark island but the signs advertising this ride have been removed and the imflatable croc has been put into its place

the affrican village is actuly opened its where all of the rides behind the big tent are

the diggers behind the bat cave are just working on the spring grove house site

the goat area is still currently open just the extended walk has been closed

i think the water battle is the same as shark island

also are the rapids reopened now? last day i worked there they were totally f**ckd with cranes and alot of mechanics working on them but should be open by now.

also doesnt look likely that we will see a coaster in the next few years

EDIT: also dont know where the restraunt idea came from? im sure there wasnt going to be one
ThrillJunkie

That's really misleading. On the park map the "African Village" looks to be in the goat field thats what confessed me. So any idea why the walk has been closed down? I mean the one that used to come out next to the pirate ship.

So can we expect Shark Island new for 2010?

The rapids were back open on Sunday.

Why do you say there won't be a coaster in the next few years? I'd love to see a medium coaster around the trees up by the rapids. Around the same size as the rhino coaster.
ThrillJunkieUK
Bote

It's been years since I last went, which is a shame cause I thought it was pretty good. The only thing I would have said back then, was that Twister was in dire need of a coat of paint, and that Terantular seriosly needed something doing with it. Even if they just put some themeing into it to make it look slightly more "spidery" :P . It just looked to plain as just some black metal arms. This then made the cars look out of place. Of course things might have changed since then (this was years before Venom and the Rapids) but looking at the website it dosen't look like they have :roll:
ThrillJunkie

[quote=""Begining Of The End""]It's been years since I last went, which is a shame cause I thought it was pretty good. The only thing I would have said back then, was that Twister was in dire need of a coat of paint, and that Terantular seriosly needed something doing with it. Even if they just put some themeing into it to make it look slightly more "spidery" :P . It just looked to plain as just some black metal arms. This then made the cars look out of place. Of course things might have changed since then (this was years before Venom and the Rapids) but looking at the website it dosen't look like they have :roll:[/quote]

Nothing changed. They are still in this condition.

Maybe next year :P
ThrillJunkieUK
Bote

[quote=""ThrillJunkie""][quote=""Begining Of The End""]It's been years since I last went, which is a shame cause I thought it was pretty good. The only thing I would have said back then, was that Twister was in dire need of a coat of paint, and that Terantular seriosly needed something doing with it. Even if they just put some themeing into it to make it look slightly more "spidery" :P . It just looked to plain as just some black metal arms. This then made the cars look out of place. Of course things might have changed since then (this was years before Venom and the Rapids) but looking at the website it dosen't look like they have :roll:[/quote]

Nothing changed. They are still in this condition.

Maybe next year :P[/quote]

If we're lucky. They could do with a couple of new thinks though. They just all seam really dated. One or two exceptions :)
Coaster Neil

Have just been ambling through the Park World achieves (hence a few of my recent posts) and came across this:
[url=http://www.parkworld-online.com/news/fu ... Wales.html" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;]http://www.parkworld-online.com/news/fu ... Wales.html[/url]

Firstly it’s great to see WMSP investing a million pounds in the Rhyl Seaquarium. Obviously Rhyl’s had a lot of bad publicity after the amusement park closed (I think some moved to Frifth Beach while the Save Dreamland Campaign acquired parts of the water chute), but this is a massive investment for this kind of attraction. In many ways the entire Welsh amusement scene has been having a tough time lately what with uncertainty over Oakwood, Barry Island and Rhyl. WMSP do seem to be heroes of British tourism at the moment.
[url=http://www.seaquarium.co.uk/rhyl.php" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;]http://www.seaquarium.co.uk/rhyl.php[/url]

The WMSP is also re-building Western Super Mare Pier as promised:
[url=http://www.facebook.com/photo.php?pid=3 ... 516&ref=mf" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;]http://www.facebook.com/photo.php?pid=3 ... 516&ref=mf[/url]
(sorry to those who don’t have Facebook)

Anyway, back on topic, the West Midland Safari Park itself is planning a hotel, new conference facilties and a water park.
ThrillJunkie

Hey Neil.

Think you maybe getting your wires crossed slightly. WMSP do own and operate all 3 seaquariums in the UK (which needs more cash as it's all going to WMSP) but the Weston pier that is being rebuilt is the grand pier not the seaquarium pier (we have 3 piers:-)) which is owned by totaly different people. Infact the Weston seaquarium has seen no major investment since it opened in 1995!

WMSP built and opened it's confrence centre last year and I have not heard anything about hotel or waterpark and personaly would see this being a huge mistake for the park if it was to go ahead.
ThrillJunkieUK
Coaster Neil

Oops! Thanks Thrill Junkie.

So is the Grand Pier an independent attraction or part of a group? Also what's happening to the third pier? Is it having flats built on it or something? Or am I thinking of a different pier?
ThrillJunkie

The grand pier is owned and run by a local family (brother and sister) who also own other businesses in the area like a resturant, arcade and an insurance company (irronic).

The other pier (bierbeck pier, don't quote me on the spelling) was to be turned into flats and leisure attractions by a company called "urban splash" but they got into finance problems last year and now the future is unsure. We do know they have won a small heritage grant to maintain the pier itself as it is in a very bad condition at present. Work is to start from march to restore the pier.
ThrillJunkieUK
freyno

where did you get this info on the hotel and waterpark?