Rides You Never Rode (but wish you had)

What rides and attractions do you miss? Share your memories of Alton Towers' extensive past here.
James6

Can't decide between Dynamo and Boneshaker for me, both were there during my first visit and both were overlooked. Although I was young and stupid back then and it was towards the start of my love for the park so I guess I have an excuse.

Sadly they are both exactly what Alton miss so badly today in my opinion.

Plus, I've ridden a ride the same model as Boneshaker and thought it was "the" perfect family flat, comfortable, exciting but not particularly thrilling, even on a "poor" setting.
If you go down to the Towers today, you\'d better ride Th13teen. :P
mattbailey

Anything removed prior to 2001, except The (New) Beast and a few kiddy rides.

Also: The Swan Boats, 3D Cinema and Log Flume (in original form).
Pennywise

Swan Boats, 3D Cinema, Both Beasts, The Mouse, 4 Man Bob, Thunder Looper
john wardley no.1

not so much havnt ridden but would have liked to more than once and that is the black hole because its one of the only rides that can truly stick in my head
Jollylee11

Thunder Looper
and The old black hole
And The one i missed the most is CORKSCREW
I was one year off cause i went in 2009 cause i wanted to go on it but then i remembered as a car pulled up they removed it last year and i got to never ride it Cause last time i was there i was to young to ride it :cry: :cry:
Bear

[quote=""Jollylee11""]Thunder Looper
and The old black hole
And The one i missed the most is CORKSCREW
I was one year off cause i went in 2009 cause i wanted to go on it but then i remembered as a car pulled up they removed it last year and i got to never ride it Cause last time i was there i was to young to ride it :cry: :cry:[/quote]

It's ok, you didn't miss much at all. If AT's was rougher that Flamingoland's, then I dread to think how horrible it was.
[Archive]

It was a lovely, self-contained, operating-for-the-sake-of-history type coaster. You could have a lot of fun on it. The roughness was a shame, though, becuase it discouraged as lot of people from riding it. Last year it was so sad to see it gone.
MissMoz

1. This isn't a ride but the Sea Lions.
2. Alton Mouse
3. Doom and Sons
4. Thunder Looper but I have been on Irn Bru Revolution at Blackpool which looks basically the same.

The only reason I didn't go on these is because I wasn't born. :(
Everyday Is Like Sunday
Everyday Is Silent Without Corky

FOR SOME THINGS THERE IS NO RATIONAL EXPLANATION.
Mitch

I'd say the ride I wanted to ride most would be the Black Hole. It was only gone the season before my first visit which was a shame and it looked pretty decent. Also I slightly envy quite a few of my friends who have been on it and they said it was a good ride.

To be honest, Thunder Looper's hardly unique, I've been on one like it at Knott's and it was removed long before I'd ever heard of it so there's nothing really for me to regret about not going on it.
oldgitBEN

theres not many rides ive missed during my time with alton, including kiddies, so theres one from the past i'm always gutted i missed...

The Mississippi Showboat!

I love fun houses, something i feel alton is missing now, especially non health and safety ones where you can just play, i love the deep south and it has always looked just superb and in such a beautiful location and a beautiful ride structure. Gah! Gutted tbh.
Hauntedone

Like Furie I have had the privilege to have done them all with the exception of Driving Shool.
It means i'm an old git!
However rides i'd love to do again include:
The blackhole
Doom and Son
Around the world/toylandtours
Thunderlooper
and the Haunted house in 1992 :D
Martin.C

Looking at past videos and pictures of Thunder Looper, I really wanted to go on it. Because both my parents have been going to Alton Towers every year since 1988 (and have taken me every year since I was born), and they have said that this is the ride they miss the most.

The fact that I was told it was one of the best rides at Alton really made me want to go on it, because most of my favorite rides are my friends/families favorites too.
Obviously I was way too young to remember what it was like when I saw it back in 1996, I believe, but apart from that, I would love to have gone on it, going backwards in a loop, which I've never done before.

Also, I would love to have done The Beast too.
Don't_Look_Down

I wish I'd rode the Thunderlooper :cry:

I went to AT in 94 and 96, but both times bottled out of riding the Thunderlooper. There was something about the height of the loop and the noise that intimidated me #-o

I could kick myself that I didn't pluck up the courage to go on it :/

At least I went on the Beast. That was so amazing, and I still miss it even now.
Oblivion beckons in T-minus five minutes, be prepared for embarkation!

Eat, sleep, Apocalypse!
Adam James

Although there's still quite a few biggies (Nemesis, Blivvy and Rita included.. #-o ) that I need to do still, the rides I'd love to visit from the past would probably include the Mississippi Showboat and Doom and Sons.

I loved Trauma Towers a Blackpool when it was in operation, so I'm sure that Doom would be right up my street! As for the Showboat, it would remind me much of my carefree times.
AshleeK

I never got to ride The Black Hole. Not because I was scared or anything, but compared to the rest of the park it just sounded rather boring so I never bothered. But then as soon as I actually wanted to ride it, it closed down :(

Also, I would have loved to ride the Thunder Looper, although I was too young and small when it was at the park.
Air Guy 138

I wish I could have rode the Corkscrew.

It looks like such a brilliant ride and I'm annoyed that I never went on it. It was obviously an epic (and long-standing) ride that was put down to rest :(
Alton Towers Top 31. Air 2. Oblivion 3. Nemesis

JarethDrakul

The original Haunted House, I had the chance as a child but I was to scared (I was an easily frightened person then :lol:)...really regret that alot now.
Dynamo and Boneshaker also on the list aswell...and the Tea Cup because I never rode Alton Towers one...
Badgy

I have no memory of riding either Turbo Star or Tri Star and the Gravitron is a blank to me too.

Didnt have the pleasure of Nickolodeon Outta Control either.

Almost everything else post 1984 (some minor kiddie carusels excluded) is a tick.

Wish they'd bring back the Alpine Bobsled though. Might be rose tinted specatacles, but I do remember it as being great fun.

Badgy
WANTED - Schroedingers Cat - Dead or Alive!
Voke

Seriously missed out on Thunder Looper, and would've loved to go on Doom & Son's and the original Haunted House. Also would've liked to see the animatronic "Henry The Hound" in the window on Towers Street :cry:
AltonTowersNerd

I never got a chance to ride Corkscrew... Alton's iconic rollercoaster in the 80's.