Rides You Never Rode (but wish you had)

What rides and attractions do you miss? Share your memories of Alton Towers' extensive past here.
amylovesaltontowers

[quote=""Craig""]Well I wish I rode Thunder Looper and Black Hole, I was about 2 months too late to ride the Black Hole when I first went to Alton Towers. Absolutely gutted![/quote]

Same here, i really wish id of had the chance to ride the black hole as its such a legendery ride. As for the thunder looper im not too bothered about that, it still would have been nice to ride it though i suppose. :cry:
\'It is better for people to think you are stupid, than to speak out and remove all doubt in their mind.\'
Chris1

Dynamo.... :|

Just completely ignored it when it was there
dstone_uk
Location: Ug Basketball, Ug Land, Alton Towers, Staffs, ST10 4DB :D

i wish i had the chanse to ride the thunder looper but my first visit to alton towers was 98!! :roll: :(

(*)corkscrew rules(*)D

Oblivion_Maniac

i wish i had rode thunder looper, black hole, and the beast. I only found out that the black hole had closed the night before i went so i was so dissapointed :(
FACE THE FEAR!!!
Piescoffer

I was fortunate enough to have been able to ride Black Hole, Thunder Looper, haunted house, Beast and the Mouse. This is my 16th year of alton towers visits. But the saddest loss of all was the Swan Rides :( Whatever possesed AT to get rid of them?? They were fantastic at the end of a long day on intense rides, to just chill out and relax, no day at AT used to be complete without a ride on these :cry: I went to AT on the 1st of May, and wrote a report about it in the appropriate section, and I have to say seeing the delapidated tent that used to house Black Hole still makes me feel really sad, especially as the queing system is still there. I used to love that ride, and have many fond memories of days at alton towers in its Golden era. The X-Sector seems incomplete without it. Having said that, I still love the Corkscrew but its really uncomfortable compared to the newer stuff.....I felt sore when I got off it. Lets hope they never get rid of it though. Does anyone know if they have any plans to put something where black hole used to be?
Colossus

^
Same here, I have been on TL, Mouse, Beast etc even the 4 man Bob, but the ride I should have gone on but never did was the Magic Carpet in Festival Park. Just never got round to riding it, then it dissappeared..
Mikeb100

Well, I'm sure you're already aware that Space Invader at Blackpool Pleasure Beach is the same model of ride but in the dark. So if you've ridden that then you've ridden a 4 Man Bob.

4 Man Bob was one of my favourites however. I often think that Spinball is like 4 Man Bob - The Next Generation.
I'm afraid it isn't, the original Space Invader was a 4 man bob, but it's been massively ''upgraded'' (an that's coming from a member of the BPB Guide) - I prefer to say overhauled. While Space Invader 2 uses the same basic layout, Kumbak coasters were brought in to modify the ride after the fatality in 2000, adding more block sections, modifying the cars to 3 seats in the interest of safety, originally it carried OTSR's and an 18+ age limit, this has been downgraded back to family ride, with lapbars and a massive backrest on the seats.

I've drifted massively off topic there though.

I would have loved to have ridden:

Thunder Looper (removed the year I finally breached the 1.4m height mark)
Alton Mouse
4 Man Bob
Thunderlooper, it looked so much fun. Unfortunately I never went while it was in service, I have always known AT with Nemesis. So yeah, Thunderlooper
There was a 3 year overlap - Nemmie opened in '94, Looper closed in '97 (possibly '96)

Jon

The Gravitron!

I love Rotor-y type vibes, even if they do do your head in!
Formerly "Dagoo"
furie

I pretty much have a full house. Even things like Doom and Sons and the museums I've done and remember. Even been boating in the lake and paddling in the paddling pool.

However... I cannot, for the life of me, remember riding the mouse. I went twice each year it was there, but have absolutely no memory of it. I rode the Beast and 4 Man Bob, so I was in the area. It's just a complete blank.

However, when I first saw a picture of it, I thought "that's odd, I remember going on a ride with a tilted lift hill", and the Alton Mouse is the only one in the world.

So although I don't have a clear memory of it, I do think I rode it, and can't think of any reason I wouldn't have done. I never count it though, damn my memory.

Secondly, I didn't ride the Gravitron at Alton, but it's now at Pleasure Island and I've been on it there :)
If you\'ve got a problem, stuff a worm in it!
Come and Visit the Family_Furie family review site here
BigAl

I wish I'd gone on the Corkscrew and the Black Hole but I was always scared of roller coasters as a littlun' :oops: . Fortunately I love roller coasters now (and any other ride that I'm not too old or tall to go on) but I wish I'd had the courage when I was small to take them on.

Rides that I wish that I could have gone on but never could because I was too young (or not even born) are the Thunder Looper and Alton Mouse as they looked like good fun. I may still have a chance for the Thunder Looper as it was moved to Brazil and still operates.

If there was a ride which I could go on for one last time which I have been on the it would most definitely be Toyland Tours. That ride summed Alton Towers for me. I had the magic, the charm, the family appeal and it was fun and relaxing. I've moved on to the big rides now but I'll sorely miss that ride. If I ever become extremely rich I'll rebuild it for everyone.

Wouldn't it be cool if there was a park that rebuilt iconic rides?
Titters

The only one for me is Black Hole. I can't remember going when there were any other rides that aren't there now. I think however that I've missed out on a lot by not riding the black hole.
Kevi8587

The Magic Carpet ride 1001 nights that looked like it had good views from the top of the ride :)
hex4ever

I wish I could have rode the Thunder Looper, by the time it left the park I was too young to ride it. I never had the guts to ride Corkscrew as a kid, but at least I can go to Flamingo Land where they have a corkscrew that is almost the image of the Alton towers one. If you didn’t ride it then I recommend you go to Flamingo Land.
Last edited by hex4ever on Sat Aug 07, 2010 10:32 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Th13teen wasn't over hyped, just over anticipated
Blaze

It's the same ride model, infact, the Flamingo Land one is slightly smoother.

Since I started visiting, no major rides have gone without me riding them first, but I wish I could go back and ride Black Hole :cry:
peterjones1

[quote=""Chrïs""]Dynamo... :|

Just completely ignored it when it was there[/quote]

Exactly the same. No idea why I never bothered but I just didn't, and regret it now. Also took too long to ride Energizer...by the time I got round to it it had been re-invented as the much tamer Boneshaker.

Also, not a ride I never rode, but I really wish I had appreciated Black Hole more. Only ever did it once and just didn't pay much attention, now I look back at the videos of it's final days and so on and wish I had bothered to try and enjoy it more. I do consider myself blessed (or as blessed as you can be in theme park terms) to have had the chance to really fully appreciate Haunted House and Toyland Tours though, I don't think I'd love AT nearly as much if I hadn't.
Big Dave

Think I can genuinely say that I now have been on every ride on park and the only rides I havent been on are the ones I was too small to go on as a kid.
Stu

Oh i loved Energizer... when it first opened... was so great, gutted they changed it, then even more gutted when they got rid of it for bloody sub :cry: But the one ride i never got to ride which i wish i did was thunder looper. I didn't know it was going and rode Nemmy the year Nemmy opened but we didn't do thunder looper thinking we would do it another time.. next time we came.. it was gone :cry:
NF2

On my first visit meeting the 1.4 height restriction, I decided not to ride Dynamo as my dad would not come on with me.

By my next visit, it had gone :(
badlydrawnkel

There is one that I have not been on...not sure if I wish I had yet...unless people on here tell me otherwise and that is the Blade. I can honestly say I have been on everything else lol.

Looking at the past rides on here, there are a few I wish were still at the park like Thunder Looper and Beasts.

Kel x :mrgreen:

Kelbel - Feedback Forum \'10
themealgang

It would have to be the Bone Shaker for me. I was always tall enough, but never bothered riding it. It's a real shame to be honest because it looked like an awesome flat; even if the ride programme did get boring and less wild towards the end of it's life. I have also not seen a ride of it's type since...

Uploaded with ImageShack.us