Rides You Never Rode (but wish you had)

What rides and attractions do you miss? Share your memories of Alton Towers' extensive past here.
sammie04

I would of love to have rode Thunder Looper too :( . Also would have loved to have gone on The Beast when I went to Miniture World in Cornwall they had an onride vid of it on the simulator :) .
caffeine_demon

energizer for me!
Dara

Is Energiser the same ride as Boneshaker? If so you didn't miss out on much. I thought it was very slow and dull.
barryzola

I used to actually find energizer quite decent when it was first installed. After a while though it just got really tame. Or is that just me?
John

I'm sure somoene said that energiser was tamed down when it was rethemed to bonshaker as ug land was more of a family area.

Whether or not thats true I have no idea, but its believeable. However it is also possible that as the ride was coming to the end of its useful life it was decided to run it on a lower setting to try to reduce breakdowns.
Dara

I only went on it when it was bone shaker and found it really dull. But when it was bone shaker in ug land this was it's third location and apparantly every time it was moved it became slightly less intense as it swung alot less.
Anonymous

My brother said the Black Hole was great, im really gutted I couldn't ride it! I went on 'Thunder Mountain' in flamingo land and this was dark and i think it was similar but still gutted! :(
Anonymous

Love enterprise. But was been big headed and eat my kfc and then went to enterprise and sat side ways. never felt so will ever.
Jon

BlackHole (chickened out when given the oppertunity)
Dynamo (Was a bit distracted by air)
Toyland Tours (Mehh! I'f they'd had said it was going in time! :shock: )

I must get on Ripsaw, just incase they go comPLETELY insane and get rid of that cracker.

Glad I got two or three gos on the boneshaker...which turned into a favourite of mine...*sob*

Bring back swans! Sorry...slightly irrelivant.
Formerly "Dagoo"
Bertie-dog

I would have liked to go on Black Hole but I would not when I had the chance. I would have loved to go on Thunder Looper.
~~*$H0NA*~~
Anonymous

I had only six hours to enjoy alton towers with normal tickets. I had the chance for Oblivion, but i missed that, because i didn't feel like it. Now i've moved to the south of france and with parents who hate to spend money, it's kind of lost... :cry:

I wanted to go on nemesis, but the thing said it was 5hours long, ater i went on air, it said 10. So that's out of the question.

I never set foot in UG land. In X-sector we had this big argument, cos some of my friends wanted to go on the flume and some of us wanted to stay here. I stayed in the X. At the bus my friends who went off said they didnt go on the flume but went on runaway minetrain and congoriver rapids (again) lol
Matt 125

[quote=""3whil""]I wanted to go on nemesis, but the thing said it was 5hours long, ater i went on air, it said 10. So that's out of the question.[/quote]

Hmm, I highly doubt the queue for Nemmy would have been 5hours long then shot up to 10hours. :|

Matt :D
Adam

I love it when new people join, then bare-face lie and think we wont pull them up on it! :lol:

We're not enthusiasts for nothing you know! :lol: 8) :wink:

*Adäm x
"It would be spiteful to put Jellyfish in a trifle..."
Stern John

Black Hole. Everytime I queued up for it the damn thing broke down! Probably why it was removed! I think some people look at it through rose-tinted glasses sometimes and it can't have been that good from the pics I have seen. People obviously miss it but I think that is partly because it has not been replaced and the tent is left there as a sad reminder of good times gone by!. I went on The Beast and that was almost identical (correct me if I'm wrong!)
popTART

where and when was thunder looper at alton towers i cant remember this ride but then again i don't go alton towers allot
Jimbo!

Thunderlooper... the fact i never got o it just isnt fair.
Toyland Tours was, and always will be; the sh*t.
AT Mad 92

wish i went on black hole, by the time i wanted to go on it was closed.

__James
The Beast

i wish i had gone on thunder looper because i went on black hole! lol but yeah thunder looper looks fun but i dnt think it reallt looked right next to nemesis also im glad they built air their. i wish i went on doom & sons because im not entirely sure what it is but it looks intriging lol
Keep Moving Forward.....
tomfeltonfan

Thunderlooper, it looked so much fun. Unfortunately I never went while it was in service, I have always known AT with Nemesis. So yeah, Thunderlooper.