12th & 13th Alton, Camping Meet [Trip Reports Page 4]

Been to an attraction recently? Planning a trip? Tell us about it here or get some hints and tips for your next visit.
Nick

A few people want to make the next official meet a Blackpool one, but also want to fit in Alton on the same weekend.

My suggestion is that we do Alton Towers on the Friday of the meet, camp over on the friday night, then head upto Blackpool on Saturday morning as it doesnt open till near midday.

Possibly a few of us to stay in the Big Blue Hotel on the Saturday night?

Any other suggestions?
Last edited by Nick on Mon Jul 10, 2006 11:31 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Lauzi

I'd only probably be able to make the Alton one, but yeah sounds good to me 8)
Danzaw*nk

I can make Alton probably, but Blackpool looks as though it would be a very small chance. Alton is far enough away :P.

Dan
:D
<3 Gashead\'s Mother <3
AstroDan

Could make Alton only, don't ave thf unds for a £30 wristband + transport costs i am afraid.

:(
Martin1

Id most probably go to this, havent been to a meetup for a little bit (I know youv all missed me)

Tell me the dates and il try sort something out :D Probably try me best to do both. But il most probably do one, the plan you said nickolarse seems the easiest too :D
Redcoat Jase

Depending on who goes (EG. KELLY GET YOUR ASS THERE :D ) Then I could be up for it!
No point in me camping and I'm saving my funds for either AT Hotels or Butlins so the BB Hotel is probably a 'no'! :roll:

Wouldn't mind visiting Blackpool again though, makes me appreciate Alton Towers more! :D
...is no longer a member of TowersTimesForum
Martin1

[quote=""NickAndrews""]Possibly a few of us to stay in the Big Blue Hotel on the Saturday night?

Any other suggestions?[/quote]

As far as im aware, you cannot do 1 night stays on saturday nights, you have to do 2 night stays on a weekend, which is a bit stupid, but rather annoying. But you can get a half decent b and b for a fraction of the price also, so no major loss :P
May have to ring up and check that.

EDIT:

Quoted from the booking page on the dates suggested:

'This hotel has set a minimum stay policy during the period in which your booking date coincides. Because of this, to stay Sat night you need to book a minimum of 2 nights. To meet the hotel’s requirement, we have extended your stay at this hotel. Alternatively, you can also select an earlier arrival date to meet this requirement'

:(
Craig

Oooh a meet when I'm not actually at work! I would definitely be up for doing two parks over a weekend. BPB normally opens around 11am now-a-days, give or take 30 mins or so. Best thing is the park normally closes around 9:30pm in August, although that's rides themselves not queues a-la-AT.

And yeah Big Blue wouldn't be possible unless you're staying Sunday. You might find a B+B although they're very busy at that time of the year.
AstroDan

Incidentally, if the Alton meet is on a Friday, i won't be able to go as I am working oin Playscheme this summer.

Please keep the AT meet as planned for the weekend days! :|
Nick

Big Blue hotel rooms seem a little expensive if we stayed on the Friday night. Just looked at 2 adults in a twin room and comes to £115.
Craig

Why not leave a BPB meet for the illuminations the month after? Busier I know but would be something a little different?
Danzaw*nk

If those dates in the topic title are the ones, i will not be able to attend either park as im in Florida :rock:.

Dan
:D
<3 Gashead\'s Mother <3
Kelly

Doubt i'd be able to make any of this meetup, wouldn't be able to get to Alton, and basically i can't afford to :P Plus the way things are looking i'l be at thorpe and Chessington on these dates!
Gashead

I was going to suggest nick that perhaps we could go to Blackpool on the friday then its not as far for people to come on, that way we could still have the main AT meet on the sat so everyone else could come? We could either come back down to the campsite from blackpool on the friday night or early sat morn?
oldgitBEN

im interested but i live smack in the middle of both places so I might go home on the night, unless we stay in blackpool - we all know I like that from the ttf winter cesspool meet!

If something is more set in stone I'll see.
sammie04

I will most probarlay be able to go seeing as Ben still needs to marry me on the big one lol I want my wedding ring! Looks to be good fun if it goes happens :D .
Craig

I'd definitely stick myself down for BPB at the very least, it's quite an easy drive over there for me providing there's no fog on the Penines!
oldgitBEN

speaking of accomodation when the last set of us went in winter 4 of us stayed in a nice little hotel.

about 5/10 mins out of blackpool, tram stop smack outside but a taxi wasnt much anyway. It was run by a family who couldnt do enough for us and it had a really nice bar in the back too - we gatecrashed a wedding lol. I think that we could probably take over the entire hotel and work out some special price as they were very good people.

Jon has the details im sure he'll post and give a name too, i remember it was pink, then i remember steamboats and nothing else!
Nick

Added a poll to see which days where are more popular, then we shall take it from there once we know what the majority of people want to do. That ok with everybody?

EDIT

Blackpool unlimited wristbands now £15 when booked in advance through the official website.
sammie04

Yes I think Blackpool on the friday is definately better. Also the hotel Ben suggested seems nice and then to travel up to Alton the next day is a good idea. I think we'll have a great time if we went and I aint been to Blackpool for a while so I hope this goes ahead so Me and Ant will probarlay be there :) .