John Wardly Visited Today

General discussion regarding the UK's No.1 Theme Park. Talk about anything and everything Alton Towers here.
mike22

Hi people,

Was JW just by himself? He could be coming up with themeing ideas :-? - just a thought

Cheers
Mike22 :W
AstroDan

Of course he'll get in free! Lordi, if he can't, who can? He is responsible for Alton's bread and butter rides!

:D
BULBOUS

Well, with £4 for parking, Alton is grabbing money left, right & centre.

Wonder how he thinks his rides are doing. Anyone ask for his opinions on Oblivion's state?
Adjective: Fat, round, or bulging.
Anonymous

But he didnt go on air i think thats a huge view here. If he had of gone on air you could of said that he came to visit the park. HOWEVER he didnt go on. And therefore there is other reasons for him being there surly. Well mack where probs on park finding out how the RMT was since its had more downtime this year then ever before. Maybe there was meetings and if so then im sure so good would of come from them all we will have to do it wait and see what we get in the coming years.
AstroDan

(aaah I love rumours, aren't they just great in this lovely weather?)

Well all I can say is that if MACK rides were indeed on park, how lovely jubbly. You probably all know about my MACK fetish, so if they are involved with anything then I am smiling ear to ear here. Maybe they are finally putting pen to paper on our own version of Poseidon right here in the Towers? Saying that, the chances of a 2-lift water coaster here are very slim, surely. :roll:

:W
Ash

Hey folks,

Ummm some more interesting news for you is that John Wardley has been spotted in Cred Street. For the 2nd time. He has also been seen behind the Cred St Theater?

How very strange. Ill try to bring more news when i can.

So Discuss :D

Ash
DiogoJ42

This is looking very promising!
John

He's up to something!

That can only be good news, its been too long since JW had in input at alton, and anything in planning now would probably be coming in 2008, which is when most people are assuming the next big thing is due.

Strange though as he's now in semi retirement, if he really is involved it will probably be something really big.
DiogoJ42

a lot of people retire, then after a few months of redecorating their homes, tending their gardens and starting that model railway they've always wanted, they get bored and long to have a reason to get up in the morning.

I work with loads of people who 'retired' years ago, and now come back on a freelance basis, maybe only three days a week, just to keep themselves busy.

either way, Welcome back John!
AstroDan

Good to see the legend is back on park. Although don't get your hopes up, could be nothing. But still, it could be something!
Ash

:P

Well were not seeing anything thriling for atleast 3 years at least. Fact!

Its nice to see hes back on park though. Id love to know what he thinks of the park compared to the other ones hes been working with.

It would be good for one of the sites get an interview with him. Id love to know what his current state of affairs is!

:lol: I just thought. Could you imagine what a John Wardley themed model railway would be like in his back garden! :D
Locker

He's currently running educational talks in the Cred Street Theatre. These ran from Monday to today. He was also involved in a competition taken up by local schools to design a new ride logo. My sister actually entered, you can see her designs here. As nice as it is to see him on park, it's not for anything significant, development wise at least.

Regards,
Mark
Ash

Interesting considering a water cosater was rumored for the park and the name "Hydro Vortex" most definitely gives the idea of a water coaster.

Yes it is good to see him back and involved with the park as a spokesperson. Was it talks for younger kids then?

Lets hope he was able to get a good look at the current state of the park. Id still love to know what he thinks ?
Locker

Interesting considering a water cosater was rumored for the park and the name "Hydro Vortex" most definitely gives the idea of a water coaster.
I wouldn't link the two. It was stated as a purely fictional task. I'm sure if there was a chance of it ever being used they might have told the children, they could get excited by such things :lol:
Yes it is good to see him back and involved with the park as a spokesperson. Was it talks for younger kids then?
Yep. 12/13 year olds I think.

Regards,
Mark
Thom

Does anyone reckon John has an annual pass? :)

It's nice to hear about him being on park, even if it just is for talks. The guy is such a legend.

Tom :D
Matt 125

What were these Educational Talks about? Rollercoasters and how they work etc?

Matt :D
Ash

I just thought (not very often i do this) we should get John sign the petition :P

http://www.wayzo.co.uk/

I wonder if he would!? Anyone know of his email address?

Ash
Redcoat Jase

[quote=""LiquidTom360""]Does anyone reckon John has an annual pass? :)

Tom :D[/quote]

Dream Tickets! :D :lol:
...is no longer a member of TowersTimesForum
Jon

He could still be retired and have Alton giving him a bell in their hour of greatest need, sometime now I would imagine.

Just a random thought, Rita is a great ride, but were we better off without her? I mean she's fab and everything, but Ug Land was a pristine area. It was almost seperate from the park because it was so well themed.
Formerly "Dagoo"
Nemair

[quote=""titler121""]I just thought (not very often i do this) we should get John sign the petition :P

http://www.wayzo.co.uk/

I wonder if he would!? Anyone know of his email address?

Ash[/quote]

Check his homepage. :wink: