Coca-cola Football Activities?

General discussion regarding the UK's No.1 Theme Park. Talk about anything and everything Alton Towers here.
Locker

Towers Street is currently holding three large inflatable goalposts:

Along with this there were a number of Coca-Cola football freestylers showing off their skills:

I never actually saw the public getting involved with it, does anyone know what it's for?

Regards,
Mark
Ash

I have no idea! Hopefully a new bit of entertainment! Inflatables for goal posts infront of the towers! Wouldnt that be an ace game! Getting a bunch of random people play a game infront of the towers on the 'Hallow'd Turf'

:D
Liam

Yes, everyone was just walking past them on Saturday as they were playing football with each other. The goals are placed right at the end of Towers Street ruining the Towers view for any first time visitors. If this is Alton's attempt at some World Cup interactivity, then I think they should look over to Europa Park for some advice!
Anonymous

I saw one of the players in the net and several kids trying to score.

I also saw another showing how to do keepy-uppies. There was a sign on the grass opposite the nets but i didnt take much notice - too buy looking at footballers legs lol!
Locker

If this is Alton's attempt at some World Cup interactivity, then I think they should look over to Europa Park for some advice!
They've also changed the flag on the 'hole in one challenge' to an England flag ;) - I'd really like to thing they'll do an Oblivion style refurb to Spinball over the world cup period.

Regards,
Mark
Ash

Spinball would look ace themed as giant footballs!

"Football Whizzer!" Suits it perfectly.

I doubt it would take mych to take the plastic casing of and have them sprayed. Making sure to remove all decals so they can be re-applied
Locker

There was a sign on the grass opposite the nets but i didnt take much notice
I had a quick look, it was just displaying safety instructions similar to those found on the rides, "don't participate if bla bla bla" - The things you need to warn people about nowadays :roll:
Spinball would look ace themed as giant footballs!

"Football Whizzer!" Suits it perfectly.
Doesn't it just. Just think of the giant silver pinballs too, painted white with back pentagons anyone? Would look just the part.

Regards,
Mark
Ash

I mean Spinball Whizzer = Balls :D. Spinball = Footballs! Come on Alton use your Noggin! They could even have a football soundtrack playlist! :D I bet they would love to do that! It could be a great Ride!

Shame they have the imagination, foresight and attention of an angry old man! :P
Locker

They could even have a football soundtrack playlist!
Oh yes, I can see the playlist now:

Three Lions
The Great Escape
Vindaloo
Meat Pie, Sausage Roll
Land Of Hope And Glory
Back Home
Woo Hoo
Eat My Goal

It'd be brilliant :D

Regards,
Mark
Ash

:D

Because we all know how much Alton Towers love Play Lists! O O and another idea! Why not give the ride hosts/ops England Shirts to wear?!
And.

There are three football themed days coming up this month where staff are allowed to wear international football shirts along with their usual work trousers and name badge. The first is on the 10th June.

There are also more themed days coming up this year, including Film Stars, Beach Party and the usual Halloween fancy dress days on 29th & 30th October.
Ash

Ace!

Wow im looking forward to that! And i will be working that day aswell :D Woot. Well atleast there doing something a tad different for once! Im going to have to pull my Belarus Shirt out the wardrobe! hehe
Locker

Apparently you can win world cup tickets with this game! Now that is pretty good.

Regards,
Mark
Jay12

I actually posted the idea of spinballs being painted as footballs. But kaycee and few others said it simply isn't worth the cost of repainting the cars which can also cost alot of money. Plus its Alton Towers, why would they push the boat out that far?
Sig made by Craig - Gashead.
Locker

Plus its Alton Towers, why would they push the boat out that far?
They did for Oblivion :?

Regards,
Mark
Ash

True,

Oh some more news on these guys, they were on park today and also they did a 3 hour session at the Hotels not long ago aswell?
stokywolf

They will be there through out the half term period.

Look its me new book! you just have to LOOK for it!
http://www.altontowers.com/resort/offer ... y_halfterm
Tavern hall of famer - rockerz my sockerz
And.

The Coca Cola Footballers are only on the front lawn at the bottom of towers street until tomorrow.

The football acadamy in the hotel continues throughout half term.
joepetto

whats this about the world cup themed oblivion? i must have missed it anyone have any pics?