Rollback videos

Engage with like-minded members and discuss the world of theme parks and attractions here.
Shent

Has anyone got videos of Rita, stealth, kinda ka, top thrill dragster or any other rocket rolling back, if so please post as i find these very intresting!

Thanks alot!

I'v the one of stealth taken on the mobile :)
......The one and only... :sus:
ryani210693

well, i was gonna post the stealth, one but, o well! I don't know if any other coasters have, apart from Top Thrill Dragster- http://www.xtremecoastin.com/videos/mis ... k_2005.htm Staff had to go up and push it down, so keep watching the video and you will see it happen!
Josh

Ive got this video of KK, which has a few roll backs on it.
Its from the media day, pm me your email address and I'll send it you.
Shin_e

Go to http://www.youtube.com and just search for what your looking for, there are some roll backs on there coz i've seen them they are quite interesting to watch!!!

hope this helps!
Martin1

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tlHDDzfP ... oll%20back Heres a stealth one. Pretty good one too!
Jay12

That video gave me goosebumps, not from fright of it happening but from the way it just slows down going back into the station. I know its meant to happen thats why it has metal plates to repel the magnets. But when you get them not so clever themepark/roller coaster fans and they see that happening it just shows how safe roller coasters are. And how much work and thought goes into them. I feel people would of been amazed to see it slow down so gentle and softly like that, most people would of though it go crashing into the station uber mayhem. Love it
Sig made by Craig - Gashead.
Ash

A good one to watch is the "megastructures" TV show with Kingda Ka on. Often found on the discovery channel. It has lots! of roll backs
caffeine_demon

I entered rollback on google video, and one of the results is a "total knee anthroplasty", and the picture is a ltad gruesome!
Nutty dreadz

WOW. Just watched that Stealth rollback! I've been dieing to see one, and god damn it, i keep missing the Megastructures programne!

Like Jay14 said, u can imagine everyone in the queue! They'd be like, "OMG its gonna crash" And god, could you imagine the people on the ride too!

I'd still love to be on one! Would be well good! Im still confused about how it actually happens, cos the launch speed is always the same. Is it summit to do with the weight in the car? It's like, how did TTD manage 2 get stuck? :?
Jay12

I have a feeling it can do with weight on the car like you say, and maybe which direction the wind is blowing in, as that can definetly slow the craft down. Or some fat cow burped at the top.
Sig made by Craig - Gashead.
Nutty dreadz

Ok. in that case I've gotta find out the weight that the train doesn't like, and gather loadsa people round to make that weight, so I get a rollback!

I'm usually burping all the time, but i wouldnt like 2 call myself a fat cow! :D
Stu

The Stealth Roll Back - it looks very much like the Train does attualy go PAST the center point and OVER and SHOULD have rolled forwards, but there must have been some fat people in the back few rows to pull it back. LOL.

Id love a roll back on Top Thrill Dragster Or KK :)
Nutty dreadz

After hours of searching, managed to find a rollback of TTD:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2NUXo_DSEIo

Not as good as the Stealth one. doesn't slow down so much. literally shoots up the top, and comes straight back down. Plus the train is empty by the looks of it!
Shin_e

You asked the question, i deliver the answer - how roll back occurs on TTD:

The speed of Top Thrill Dragster is controlled by a computer which regulates the speed of the launch in order to minimize forces as the train crests the hill. It is a common occurrence especially in cool, wet or breezy weather for the train to not reach the necessary speed to complete the ride. When the track is wet or the weather is cold, the standard launch speed is typically not enough to force the train over the hill. The train's momentum can also be hindered by a good headwind. When this happens, the train will climb the hill, stop just short of the apex, and roll back down the hill in reverse. To avert disaster, the launch track is equipped with retractable magnetic braking fins. After every launch these fins pop back into place to slow down a train that rolls backwards to stop it safely.

These "rollbacks" are something that many roller coaster fans look foward to. Since the launch is arguably the most exciting and intense part of the ride, a rollback means you get to do it twice without waiting in line.

On Friday, June 24, 2005, a train was launched with exactly enough momentum to bring it to rest at the top of the tower. It remained balanced there for nearly fifteen minutes until a maintenance worker arrived via elevator, gave it a push, and sent it on its way.

Hope this answer your question!

Anybody got video of TTD getting stuck please post the link

Thnx
Stu

It has already been posted above of TTD getting stuck.
Here's the link again copied from above.
http://www.xtremecoastin.com/videos/mis ... k_2005.htm
Danzaw*nk

[quote=""mrstu""]The Stealth Roll Back - it looks very much like the Train does attualy go PAST the center point and OVER and SHOULD have rolled forwards, but there must have been some fat people in the back few rows to pull it back. LOL.
[/quote]

It does look it but it is at an angle so it is about right.

I'de love the be stuck at the top or get rollback. Would be so fun and a terrific experience. I'm still fuming about how my sister got a rollback on Stealth and not me! If i didn't bother going for front, i could've been on that train :x. Front was well worth it though. :D

I remember in the queue when the rollback happened, nobody screamed or was saying 'oh my god its gonna crash'. Everybody just watched it.
<3 Gashead\'s Mother <3
Matt 125

My dad thinks that they do rollbacks on purpose i.e Purposely setting the launch at a lower speed meaning it doesn't make it over! I keep telling him this probably isn't true but he insists they do it to keep public interest!

Anyways I've witnessed a Stealth rollback whilst queuing in the NemesisI queue on the volcano, everyone around was like 'OMG what has happened to Stealth!'!

Matt :D
Bubbles De'vere

What happens ince they are back in the launch section after a rollback and the other train is in the station. Do they have to move the other trin out ao the station and put the rollback train in the station to re launch it?
Queen of Speed

http://www.zapmega.com/may/Alex%20and%2 ... llback.wmv

Although you cant see us, me and my mate are on the front row. Twas a mighty exciting experience. :D
Nick

[quote=""Bubbles De'vere""]What happens ince they are back in the launch section after a rollback and the other train is in the station. Do they have to move the other trin out ao the station and put the rollback train in the station to re launch it?[/quote]

I doubt the train would move forward untill it is on the descent from the top hat