New Towers Street Music!

General discussion regarding the UK's No.1 Theme Park. Talk about anything and everything Alton Towers here.
Jimbob

I like the new music, Heard it yesterday when i was there. It does suit towers street really well and i still think the magic is still slightly there. I for one loved the old music and will miss it! But like others have said time for change and the change is really good in my opinion. Way better than a playlist style like the begining of last year.
AstroDan

Well, the people who have heard the new choon seem to like it. So good stuff is all i can say!
Anonymous

Well, i have to say, the new music is good but rather strange music was heard in Cred St today. was more like being in Merrie England rather than cred st with the flume music bursting out of the speakers up there today and then last wednesday, charlie music in towers street. rather odd dont you think?
Nemesista

[quote=""titler121""]In the hall of the moutain king is a signature for Alton Towers. I would imagine if you asked anyone over the age of 18 what that music was all of them would say Alton Towers! Straight away![/quote]

I always call is Hall of the Mountain King (see my appreciation thread of the same name!) as for me alton towers music includes nemmy, hex, tower st, air etc!
Ash

Well i rung Alton today and they still have the Towers Street music when they put you on hold! I love it! I end up singing and someone says "Hello" :P
Last edited by Ash on Tue May 16, 2006 8:35 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Locker

I end up singing and someone says "Hello"
Really, I don't know the words mate :P

Regards,
Mark
Ash

Singing doesnt necessarily mean words :lol: :roll: :wink: :?:

Singing is making a sound to match a tune. And thats what i do. I sing the tune of the Towers Street music, silly! Of course it hasnt got words in? :? :o :P
Locker

'twas my attempt to make a light hearted joke with you :P

Obviously didn't work very well, better get back on topic 8-[ :lol:

I'm yet to hear the new tune!

Regards,
Mark
Locker

You can check out the new track by downloading it from here :)

Regards,
Mark
Liam

Thanks Locker.
I must say by listening to that I prefer the old music by a million miles. It just seems so much more magical than this one even if it was slightly dated. :(
Matt 125

Cheers for that Locker, My first impressions are very cartoony. The whole sound of it is quite childish and with all these wacky noises. . . it's not alton!
( At the moment I've only listened to the first 2 and a half minutes so I will edit this post with more of my thoughts about it!)

Matt :D
Queen of Speed

Well that sounds crap. Just like the Chessington entrance music with different notes. Tussauds Studios really shouldn't try and produce these tracks in-house if they clearly don't have the time or expertise to do so!
AstroDan

First Impressions:

OK, it's a very poor recording (though we are very grateful to have it at all) so this is going to affect opinions.

Personally, I don't think it's 'crap'. It's certainly quite magical, although I do agree it sounds rather childish. Comparing it after one listen to a piece of music like the Old Towers St. theme is not really giving it a chance. I am sure after a few months or years, people will grow to know this new music just like they did the old one. 90% of visitors to AT will not be able to recount AT music in their head (except ITHOTMK) so this change won't make them feel gutted - only us! I have to say, give the music time, it takes time to adapt to new stuff - especially when they get rid of such an iconic piece of music amongst all of us!

So overall then, not bad - doesn't sound as good as the CCF music though (is it the same writer?) and neither does it sound quite as 'full' as the old music, but as i say, give it time.
Queen of Speed

True, it does miss out on the finer details, but you can still get a very good idea of the actual tune of the music – and I think this is rubbish. It's really shallow, and so blatantly produced on a computer keyboard in about half an hour.

For those of you saying its new and fresh, well, I disagree. It sounds similar to the old Market Square music at Chessington which was done almost 20 years ago!

It was indeed produced by the same people / person as the Charlie music, in-house at Tussauds Studios. As with all their tracks, you can tell quite easy from the instruments and synths used.

FYI, I believe the music produced in-house across the 3 tussauds parks are;

Chessington entrance
Beanoland area music
Berry Bouncers / Ribena Bish bash
Flying Jumbos
Toadies Crazy Cars
Rumba Rapids
Colossus station (pre2005)
Charlie and the Chocolate Factory

Some are much better than others, and this is unfortunately is not one of the best. A big shame considering it is meant to be representing the park!
teavee

Charlie's music was absolutely not composed by Tussauds Studios. Nor was the new Towers St music, as for the rest on your list, I can't comment as I am not very familiar with Thorpe / Chessington’s music. Tussauds studios hardly do any composing and if they do its very small pieces, they just commission composers to the set brief of the project.
AstroDan

Well I was going to comment that the music for Charlie & the Chocolate Factory is superb. I think it's one of the best parts of the ride to be honest. The queue theme, the in-ride themes, all excellent.

The Towers St. music does have a different sound to it, but i still maintain that we should all give it time.
timmy1372

The new music is ok but next to a link of the old just makes me think I love the old music

bee dee da de de de

Its now stuck in my head again

Have to give the new music some time its not awfull, it may grow on us.
Locker

Well, yesterday I saw one guy humming the new theme and another person skipping along to it so it hasn't gone down terribly. I found that it was very repetitive with little variation at all.

Regards,
Mark
CGM

What can I say, it sucks. They used what is basically circus music. Why get rid of the old music when it's replaced by this? It sounds like Disney entrance music gone wrong
Dr Pop Rocket

Well I thought that sucked. It was too circus and childish like and it did not have any magic about it. Even though the original towers street was dated, at least it had some magic about it.