New Towers Street Music!

General discussion regarding the UK's No.1 Theme Park. Talk about anything and everything Alton Towers here.
Redcoat Jase

I think that Toyland Tours theme should've been used for the signature tune for Alton Towers, It's amazingly catchy!
I also loved the 'Tom, Tom the pipers son' bit in it too! :D
...is no longer a member of TowersTimesForum
AstroDan

Aye, it is catchy - but I think it's a little too childish to ever be a main theme. It's well put together, and it has a great hook - but it doesn't really encapsulate the all-round appeal of the park. It makes you think of Doodle Doo Derby et al yes, but not of Nemesis and Oblivion. The great thing with the Hall of the Mountain King music is that it became synonymous with the park. Many people know of the tune as 'that Alton Towers song'. In my opinion, the park are stupid to throw away an asset like that.
Redcoat Jase

[quote=""AstroDancer""] In my opinion, the park are stupid to throw away an asset like that.[/quote]

Yes, there isn't many theme parks people would associate a song with. I'm not even sure that some people actually know the proper title of the piece but just simply call it 'Alton Towers Theme'!
...is no longer a member of TowersTimesForum
AstroDan

In fact: I am going to go the whole hog and totally slam 100% Alton Towers for reducing the use of Hall of the Mountain King. I am OK with the change of soundtracks in the park - as rides close and old music becomes dated, but the one steadfast should be the Hall of the Mountain King. I am totally gutted the park don't seem to use it as much anymore.

If it appears in the forthcoming advert much will be forigiven.
mezza

I loved the old music but it's good (in principal) that the music has changed. The old music is very old, and as has been said, features ride music from rides which mainly aren't there anymore. A new version in a similar style would be good news, if you ask me. Theme parks need to keep changing.

However, if the new music's rubbish, I'll be cross!
EXIT THROUGH THE SHIPPING CONTAINER
timmy1372

[quote=""mezza""]I loved the old music but it's good (in principal) that the music has changed. The old music is very old, and as has been said, features ride music from rides which mainly aren't there anymore. A new version in a similar style would be good news, if you ask me. Theme parks need to keep changing.

However, if the new music's rubbish, I'll be cross![/quote]

Sounds fair enough i would agree with that, couldnt of said it better myself.
x-Jade-x

The old Music always reminds me of my first time of going to AT, I was so excited and it was my B'day i think, and I was so happy to be there lol! and everytime I hear that music now It makes me think of that day, and how magical it was!
I'm really going to miss it now! :-(
But I'm willing to give the new music a try :P
Ant

Well Ive just had a 20 second preview on phone of the new Music from Mr Ray and from what he said the music is really great and from what I heard it sounded pretty catchy. So looks like we have a worthy replacement :W .
stokywolf

From what i heard in the morning it was "circusy like" as Ade said, and when i was leaving the park a different part was playing but the music was still good! I really like it! :D
Tavern hall of famer - rockerz my sockerz
Ash

Well the Towers Street music most definitely had a place in my favourite songs ever list. Its a shame its changed i hope this one lasts the length the old one did! Does anyone know how long it is? Can someone get it from the net or tussauds studios?

I just hope it has ITHOTMK!
Nemesista

I'm sad to hear this news, but I'm happy enough to have it on cd. I was singing it all day, mainly to annoy my mum. She hates the durrrrrrrr-der-du-der-der-derrrr etc. bit. :)

Any samples online soon?
Anonymous

I'll pass judgement until I hear it, but as has been already said in this thread, things change - and quite rightly so. I love the Towers Street music and won't pretend not to be sad that it's gone, but the nature of the beast is that things come and things go.

Whilst I hold the memories I have of all my visits since 1985 close to my heart, what we're touching upon here is the association between parts of Alton and how they relate to our own childhood/early adulthood memories. These memories are all personal (my favourite is the sound of Corky's lift hill) and as such relate to events in our own lives.

I've seen so many changes at AT over the last 21 years, but the fact remains that each period has it's own 'magic'. The very period we're now living through is the past topic of the future - or something like that. . . :D
Jonathanecoleman

[quote=""Ade""]I Have listened to it all day and I have to say its a worthy replacement for the old music! It fits the park and the street very well and has a CATCF feel to it, some of it is up beat and some parts are slower, one part is like circus music.

hard to explain it but please don't be dissapointed! It's very good and fits Towers St very well.

P.S Hall the mountain king still plays in the monorail stations.[/quote]Good stuff. It's good to hear a positive review!
Yet still, In The Hall of The Mountain King really should be used as much as it once was. It really is part of AT's corporate identity. In fact to the average listener they wouldnt say "thats In The Hall of.", but instead would say "thats the Alton Towers music". I love it, and its still makes me very excited to hear it.

J
Ash

In the hall of the moutain king is a signature for Alton Towers. I would imagine if you asked anyone over the age of 18 what that music was all of them would say Alton Towers! Straight away.

They should utilise this and if i dont hear it in the new Towers Street music i will be sad because i dont use the monorails that often!
Anonymous

I was on the Skyride today and the music still plays on there.
CGM

In the hall of the moutain king is a signature for Alton Towers. I would imagine if you asked anyone over the age of 18 what that music was all of them would say Alton Towers! Straight away.
And under the age of 18
towersdude

definately under the age of 18. Im only 15 and all my mates know it as the Alton Towers music as it was played in a music lesson and h asked if anybody knew what the actual name was and only i knew out of a class of 30
Mankey

same. kinda annoying really, i was in year seven at the time, when everyone was asked some idiot put up his hand and said "alton towers theme" i felt like such a nerd after i said that it wasnt, ah well, i am anyway :P

cant wait to hear the new music...
Back from hibernation!
Locker

some idiot put up his hand and said "alton towers theme"
Well, everyone knows it as that, that's the point. It defiantly wouldn't make him an idiot.

Regards,
Mark
Mankey

heh point taken. ill shut up now

i dont think quickly like most people do :(

will a file be loaded onto TT at some point soon? thats not a demand BTW
Back from hibernation!