New Towers Street Music!

General discussion regarding the UK's No.1 Theme Park. Talk about anything and everything Alton Towers here.
Sir John Talbot

I don't think they want themeing to be c*ap. If you look at all 3 instances, the reasons aren't really blatently because Alton couldn't be arsed (well, most of em). They're still trying and not everything is going to be a hit. I think they're kind of experimenting with types of attractions now - to see what is good for the park and what isn't:

Rita: I think Rita is unfairly bashed theme wise. OK, the theme is abismal, but only because it's a filler ride done in an extremely short amount of time. If they came up with an "Uggy" theme, it'd probably of turned out a lot worse than the Stealth theme now because it wouldn't been so rediculously rushed. Even though Ug-Land now is a mess and has no real theme, I think it carries a good atmosphere!

Spinball: I don't actually think Spinballs theme is all that bad. It suits that section of Adventure Land well, and has a theme that compliments the ride style and is family friendly. The various colourful floored section, silver balls and such make for a nice, fun atmosphere as well. The only bad thing is that it ruins the view of the Towers slightly, but if they hid it with trees it'd be sweet!

Charlie: I think with Charlie they simply ran out of money - hence no shop, and black voids around the last scenes. The facade is absolutley excellent, and some of the themeing inside is very good aswell. It's not so much about the quality of themeing, which is good, but the quantity of it, which is extremely lacking.

So, looking currently, the themeing we did get in Charlie is of good standard, and the Driving School themeing looks great, especially with the bugdet, so I think we should give Alton some slack!
Jon

But Ithink many people on here belive that they should have taken more time on these rides. Perhaps they should have left the 2005 season with no new rides and to scratch up on the things we want to happen. All those little changes that make a big difference. Then with the money and time saved, they could go all out with 2006 and seven with Rita, Charlie and Driving School. I just think that this way the park would be really fab for 2006 because there would have been a big build up for Rita, Maybe something along the lines of a secret weapon, and with more money and time they could have made it look a lot better. I think the themes of Rita and Spinball are good, just not thought through. I like the idea of Drag racing, but just not in a prehistoric playground.

But then again, Alton are more interested in raking in the customer with new attractions. Once they're past the gate and payed, they aren't going to complain much about a confusing Ug-land or air's empty tunnel. They don't all go very often like we do. And anyway, it is a business after all.
Formerly "Dagoo"
AstroDan

Whilst I am always one to complain about Alton where necessary, apparantly their guests satisfaction ratings are doing very well, at the present time? :?:
Wes

Just browsing ATMania and came across This Download, Which is the audio played on the Monorail. Now, to my suprise, half way through, I came across the Towers Street music, BUT it seemed to be updated? It was only a small snippet, but certainly felt very magic. Im just wandering how old this is and weather its anything new?

I think the whole of the TS music should be done like this and brought back, it sounds even more magical than before :D

Mugz x

:rock:
Williscroft

Well that was rather random lol, never herd that before but quite funny. Personaly id perfer the Alton Towers theme tune with just introductions into certain rides like "here you will ride the worlds frist vertical drop rollercoaster OBLIVION" etc but last time when i was coming back on the monorial with Ant the man was usuing the mike to talk to us like they did years ago saying he hoped we all had a good day etc and have a safe jerny home.

:)
teavee

[quote=""Muggins""]Just browsing ATMania and came across This Download, Which is the audio played on the Monorail. Now, to my suprise, half way through, I came across the Towers Street music, BUT it seemed to be updated? It was only a small snippet, but certainly felt very magic. Im just wandering how old this is and weather its anything new?

I think the whole of the TS music should be done like this and brought back, it sounds even more magical than before :D

Mugz x

[/quote]

Thats the entrance music used at Heide Park.
Adz
Admin
Admin

Indeed it is.

Here's the full track for your enjoyment!

Http://www.towerstimes.co.uk/staff/adz/Entrance Theme.mp3
Wes

Well you could have fooled me :P

Thats the sort of thing AT need, for Towers Street. A modern adventure peice with lots of magical sounds, not that Cirus tosh!

Mugz x

Jon

Oh yes this does sound magical, It makes me think about the jumping frogs. Funny also, but I can see that this incorperates the resort image with it being more jokey and modern at the same time, but I like it. See, they can pull a "monica" when they want to. (Sorry for the friends quote, if you don't watch it ig nor that last part) :lol:

xxdagoo
Formerly "Dagoo"
Ant

The Heide park entrance music how magical thanks for that Adz. If your lucky you will have the pleasure of hearing that music instead of the other crap when your in the Sky ride suites Alton Towers very well in my opinion.
aru

I'm sure parts of that music have been nicked from Tomb Blaster at Chessington?
jhick

Hey, I was just wondering if anyone new where you could hear/download this towers street music (the new version that started in 2006) - I know it used to be on towerstimes a few years back...
Stelios7
Location: Somewhere near Disney Land Stafford. I mean... err... Derbyshire.

I'd YouTube to mp3 it here:
Officially, TTF's Only EasyJet founder.