New Towers Street Music!

General discussion regarding the UK's No.1 Theme Park. Talk about anything and everything Alton Towers here.
AstroDan

Good. The sooner we can get a copy of this new music, the better!

I was thinking, I wish AT would go down EP's route and sell a CD with all the music on!
Anonymous

I'm surprised they haven't done something like that already, they'd get a lot of money for it I reckon, if they just ordered in a limited amount of copies every month of whatever - the enthusiasts would buy it and probably Joe Bloggs as well, if he'd noticed the music and liked it!

I know I'd buy it. :W
Wes

I am really gutted about it, it was really part of AT! But things change, people move on!

I really hope the new music does have the same magical feel, but I don't think it will ever be the same. As long as the park is welcomed by the sounds of HOTMK, I think I will probably sleep tonight!

Anyone think they can get hold of a perfect copy of this and how long does it last?

Mugz x

:D
Queen of Speed

Cool. Like Astro Dancer said, the CatCF music is fantastic and anything of similar quality would be great. Any chance of a recording / unrecorded copy finding its way online anytime soon?
John

I'm not particuarly bothered about the music change as long as the new music is still magical, not like when they played pop music last year.

There isn't a huge amount of music they can use for the new one as, apart from CatCF ride music has been neglected lately. Duel's is not a patch on HH's music the flume wouldn't suit towers street and Rita and Spinball may as well just play the ride op's ipod.
Dogbert

It had better be good, otherwise i won't be happy :(

Thank goodness the site has a copy of the music still :D
What, you were expecting something witty?
Mankey

:shock: ARGH! this cant be.

oh well i suppose it had to happen some time soon, lets just hope this peice has ITHOTMK on it.
Back from hibernation!
Beaver Dude

They wasted their time changing that music. They have loads of rides that lack music and they decided to change music that didn't need changing much. I'm glad they have changed it because it did need a change (it did sound kind of pants compared to the 2005 Thorpe bridge music.) Music on rides can make an averagely themed ride have lots more atmosphere. Music is one of the many reasons TP's flats are better than the flats at AT. It's the reason Detonator has way more atmosphere than Oblivion. Music makes a huge difference.
Dormiens-Dave

I will miss the old music but we all knew this couldn't last forever.

The only thing i have to say about music is last time i went the katanga canyon music wasn't playing which really reduced the atmosphere of that area. Hope this isn't permenent
AstroDan

Detonator more atmosphere than Oblivion :? Sorry but i disagree there, I didn't think there was much atmosphere on Detonator - although it's a good ride, Oblivion's atmosphere is mind bogglingly tense! Those metal fences around the edge of Detonator's queue look like fair ground fencing too. grr.

Anyway, onto the main point!

You say 'they wasted their time changing that music' then said 'im glad they have changed it' :? Lol - apologies if im being dumb but could you re-input your point?

Thanks!

:D
Beaver Dude

Maybe Oblivion used to have atmosphere but now it doesn't really at all. Detonator doesn't rely on run down theming for atmosphere. It has the music and sound FX. The loud motors. The clunk as it drops. The whoosh of the brakes and the fact the platform is raised so you can easily see the riders reactions.
AstroDan

I guess everyone interprets things differently, but Oblivion must work as it's the only ride I repeat going on and get tense every time. The clunking of the chain. AAARGH! :P
Ant

Im very sad to hear this I thought I would have many more happy magical years out of the music yet quite a shock to hear today its just gone :cry: :-( . I dont get why it doesn't fit in with this whole new reort feel?. Towers street music had a very disney feel to it and is probaly the best music every created for towers. The magical feel and history it had to it and I constantly listen to it and never get bored the place will not be the same without it atall.

Im looking forward to hearing this new music and it better have the old Towers street music WOW magical factor to it or im first to complain. I hope it includes ITHOTMK will be a big shame if it dont seems the park want rid of it now as it doesn't fit in with the resort feel excuse :x .Anyone know how long the new Towers Street Music it is ?hopefully a nice long 25mins track again not some 3minute thing on constant repeat.

You watch Nemesis music will be next for this resort feel change :x :x .
sammie04

Oh no I can't believe the towers Street music has gone its quite sad. The music is just part of Alton Towers and should always be I shall miss dancing around to it the towers music had a magic feeling to it made you smile and dance :) .

Although maybe the new music will be just as good but if not then it will be a shame to get such a memorable song taken off .
CGM

Never again will the Towers seem the same to me when walking down Towers Street. Alton are having this problem all the time at the moment- Trying to fix something that ain't broken. The replacement had better be good.

In fact this is just depressing. What else can Alton possibly do to try and get rid of the Towers we know and love?
Last edited by CGM on Thu May 11, 2006 10:11 pm, edited 1 time in total.
AstroDan

Well, as we have heard - the replacement is pretty good! How exciting for the next visit.
Moley

Cant say it bothers me as much as it does some of you lot, but the old music was legendary. Oh well people and times change. :)
Dormiens-Dave

We have to remember things change. i have been going to the towers every year since i was four (i am twenty one now). And things took a big change between 1991 and 1992. I'm sure many people felt the same that things where changing that they didn't like. Yet it has been over 10 years since the direction of the park took a major change and i think with project dolphin this is going to happen again.

It is known within the industry that big companies like universal and six flags have been dipping their toes in to the UK market and if you look back over the BBC news archieves there have been a few mentions of planned new themeparks (non of which have happened). Also parks like flamingo land and drayton are becoming much more themepark orientated. I think Alton towers know that if such a company got a good site they would wipe the floor with them. after all the public don't care about the magic they want a good day with big thrilling rides. Alton struggle to do this yet they want to remain top and the only way they can do that is by changing direction. Which is why i believe they are bigging up the resort status and also this new experience idea.

What i am trying to say is music changes are going to be the last of your worries and if done right we will get a better park out of it, different but better.
Ash

What a sad day!

It was one of my favourite pieces of music at Alton Towers and now its gone :cry:

Why! There was no better feeling that singing it walking down towers street! Or standing at a kiosk humming away at the amusement to someone else.

I hope we can get the new one online as a good copy soon, and i hope its just as catchy. Come on Alton we want a CD!
Dave

Anyone else feel like we have been here before? im sure i remember the towers street music being retired last season as well.

admitadly they have gone to a lot more trouble this time to replase it with sumthing apropriate. not just sh*t pop music.

i guess the towers street music was getting outdated. with toyland tours gone now. that only really left a couple of bits that were still relevant to the park.