New Park Advert: From May 2006

General discussion regarding the UK's No.1 Theme Park. Talk about anything and everything Alton Towers here.
Williscroft

The man on the big chair (which is in the Alton Towers Hotel) gave me the impression that he was falling just like Oblivion was about to. You have that build up with the booket filling up, the kid going down the slide and the man dropping off the chair. Thats what it made me think of any way. :D
Redcoat Jase

[quote=""Ade""][quote=""Ade""]Of course Oblivion is in it! Aswell as something rather odd unless the final version is edited.[/quote]

I wanna know where there is a candy floss machine at Alton Towers!?[/quote]

Any why the little girl has bubble gum.

Alton Towers don't sell Chewing/Bubblegum do they?
...is no longer a member of TowersTimesForum
Ant

That Chewing Gum bit would be linked with CATCF the violet part.
Anonymous

I think its quite a nice advert, shows off lots and lots of things the resort has to offer, and boy are they now starting to hammer the whole resort idea into the publics head.

It was nice to see our own TTF member Jay16 turn up doing the truffle shuffle in cariba!

Id like to see it as a series of adverts each one showing different rides and parts of the resort.

Fav bit: the couple running across the white bridge in the gardens.
towersart

There are also a number of 10 second clips running alongside the 30 second main advert. . .
Josh

[quote=""ryani210693""]I really don't get what is with the guy getting of the rather large chair?!? IMO, my dad said that he thought it had a symbolic meaning behind it, which i think he is right about. He said "i think it is meant to say that the adult is feeling like a child again, by making him look smaller on the large chair" (if you get what i mean/ or he means)![/quote]
I think the chair is actually somewhere in the hotel isn't it?
Last edited by Josh on Mon May 15, 2006 10:08 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Ant

Yep the big chair can be found in The Alton Towers Hotel on the second floor
Crofty

[quote=""towersart""]There are also a number of 10 second clips running alongside the 30 second main advert. . .[/quote]

I saw another last night that was just an off centre shot of the Squirrel Nutty cars pulling into the brakes one after another.

:W :W
AstroDan

If anyone manages to see any of the short 10 second clips, see if you are able to get the up onto a server. Be interesting to know how many of these short clips there are?

:D
Ash

I saw the main Advert last night on Channel 4! I thought, hey ive heard that before, turned around and there it was! I like some of it because its neat and simple but it has very little magic and no WOW! factor like many of the other adverts did.

Its definitely a new style
Lauzi

Showed my mum it last night and she was tres impressed. I asked her if she thought it was different to most theme park adverts and she said it seemed to show more of the hotels, but she thought it was a good thing.

So I'm thinking that this advert is successful with both enthusiasts and non-enthusiasts (believe me, my mum is not and enthusiast of AT)

Redcoat Jase

My favourite bit has to be where the tray slides across the corridor of the AT hotel, It just seems really magical! I also like the view of the towers, where the ball bounces into the view! Very Well Done! :D

What's everyone elses favourite bit? :?
...is no longer a member of TowersTimesForum
Beth

I thought it was pretty good persoanlly.
I couldnt view it on the site, as it took me to the booking page for some reason, but thanks mugz for the link.
My fave part is where the old man looks constipated on the big chair, and the views of the gardens and the main towers are excellent.
Well Done AT!
Shame ITHOTMK wasnt in it, would of made it better!
::: (\\(\\
*: (=\' :\') :*
•.. (,(\'\')(\'\')¤°
stokywolf

We dont need Hall of the mountain king in everything and i'm glad it wasn't in that advert, If things don't get updated the place will end up like Blackpool Pleasure Beach!(please god no)

The advert was very snazzy, i really liked it. Very modern, very freindly, Very Fresh and well, it shouted "more than just a theme park".

A thumbs up from me :)
Tavern hall of famer - rockerz my sockerz
x-Jade-x

I'm really liking this new advert! I think its a good thing that the ITHOTMK music wasn't in it, even thought it did add to the magical feeling of AT.
I saw the advert for the first time on telly this morning and it did manage to grab my attention, whilst eating my breakfast, coz it sounds really weird! :P
My favourite bit is the shot of the Towers from the top of Oblivion, I like the way you just see a football fly up into the air, tres cool! :P
And I love the way they build up the tension, with the deep thudding beat and the way they emphasised the sounds from each clip! I think this advert is very magical, in a new. . . . modern way, if that makes sense :P
Danzaw*nk

My favourite bit was when Rita's lights went green. I didn't like the bit where there was sone good footage of Corky, but bad sound effects. #

[off topic] Speaking of ITHOTMK, that was used in an episode of Lizzie McGuire which i watched one evening when bored :P [off topic]
<3 Gashead\'s Mother <3
Phang Obsessed

I saw it...or at or at least part of it. It's a bit...well...it just seems odd.

But it says Alton Towers to me, as if it's planting it in my brain. (insert some head-drilling type emote here)
New signature being made, you better believe it biatch!
AstroDan

As anyone seen any of the short (10sec) clips? If so, what are they like? I hear Squirrel Nutty features.
Matt 125

Just seen the (30sec) ad on TV for the first time and boy o boy did it grab my attention! I was looking at the comp screen and heard all the different noises. . . I only ever really look up at the screen when something I hear grabs my attention!
Maybe it was because I recognised the sound!?!?

Matt :D
Lauzi

Yup, just seen it on TV for the first time too. Looking even better, grabbed my attention - absolutely fantastic piece of work :)