New Park Advert: From May 2006

General discussion regarding the UK's No.1 Theme Park. Talk about anything and everything Alton Towers here.
Williscroft

I love it, better than what i was exspecting. Gives the resort a great look and alows people to see that there realy is more than just the rides at Alton Towers now. I love the beat all the way through, realy adds tention to it. Also i love the way they havent realy shown you full shots of the rides and just teased us with tiny glimpses.

Great advert overall i think, makes me want to go there right away, great sunny day that it was filmed aswell :D
ryani210693

Why can't i see it on my PC?!?This is annoying me, because i could see it in school! The link and everything (apart from the sound)!
towersart

[quote=""Williscroft""]Great advert overall i think, makes me want to go there right away, great sunny day that it was filmed aswell :D[/quote]

Are you kidding, it wasn't sunny at all. . . ahhh the blessings of editing software.
Williscroft

Well how was i ment to know that lol, from seeing that you would think its a great summers day. Love the ending aswell with the logo and just a load of water shooting up. :D
Adam

[quote=""ryani210693""]Why can't i see it on my PC?!?This is annoying me, because i could see it in school! The link and everything (apart from the sound)![/quote]

Download the latest version of flash player.
"It would be spiteful to put Jellyfish in a trifle..."
ryani210693

Would you know were i can download it from?(except i'm pretty sure i have the latest player already installed)?
Adam

ryani210693

Sorry to bother you still, but after downloading it i still can't see the actual link on the site, never mind the actual advert :(
georgiegirl

Just seen it on c4 now and then went for a re watch on the at website (cheers for the link).

Well.what can I say? Personally I dont think it is very alton towers-ish at all. yes it is modern eye catching and even maybe slightly suspense building but in my honest opinion i dont think its either exciting or fun or magical and i place my major emphasis on the last two which i think are the most important and enjoyable thing about AT ads.
Nick

Try pressing Ctrl+F5 on the site if you cant see a link, only think I can suggest
Last edited by Nick on Mon May 15, 2006 7:00 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Adam

I gave you the bloody link on the last page. Jesus. The link is at the bottom of the menu on the site. :roll:
Locker

You can also download it in mpeg format by clicking here :)

Regards,
Mark
ryani210693

I know exactly where it is, because i was on it this afternoon on the school PC's but now at home on my own PC, i cant see the link! It isn't showing up on the page :shock:
Lauzi

That's interesting and great :D

Dude, seriously - wait until you see it on TV! Gawd :roll:
Locker

I caught the last 15 seconds or so on TV and have checked it out online. They're not bad clips, and defiantly more resort like than adverts of the past. However, I really would have liked to see the advert set to dramatic music, if you're in the room and not looking at the TV, it would hardly catch your attention.

Regards,
Mark
Anonymous

I think the lack of sound but lots of clever sound effects will make you stop and look at the TV because most adverts are loud and in ye face!

The candy floss machine still concerns me! :P What were the marketing department thinking off! :roll: So Much that Alton Towers has to offer and they choose something that cant be seen in any area of the park!
timmy1372

Looks cool, I like it packs in so many images so as to say there is so much to do, which is true, it looks like they want it appeal to everyone which is good, Theme parks are about fun for everyone, just attracting thrillseekers is a bad way to go, you want an even mix, just as i wouldnt want to be there if it was families and thats it i also dont want to be there with just teenagers or even just couples, a nice mix is perfect. Chessington has the best mix and best atmosphere of all the Tussauds parks, try it you will like it, shows AT and Thorpe what they shouldnt forget, parks are as much about atmosphere as anything else plus Dragons Fury (lynch me now) is better than Spinball.

The new Advert is good, promotes a nice mix and atmosphere :D
AstroDan

Is the candy floss machine some hidden part of Charlie and the Chocolate Factory?

:?

(and of course Fury is better than Spinball. Fury is Chessie's big new baby wheras Spinball is just a side show for AT)
timmy1372

[quote=""AstroDancer""]Is the candy floss machine some hidden part of Charlie and the Chocolate Factory?

:?

(and of course Fury is better than Spinball. Fury is Chessie's big new baby wheras Spinball is just a side show for AT)[/quote]

It is a sideshow, with a massive queue, last time i went to AT it had a longer queue on the boards than any other ride for the most of the day, including Rita which is not exactly a queue eater, not like king Oblivion queue muncher, it even beat CATCF when i was there, its useless for AT, it just does not have the capacity for a ride that appeals to all in the busiest park in the UK, i like it but they need a Dueling version with 2 tracks for double capacity, now thats an idea :D :D :D

Whereas Fury, better ride, nicer themeing and much smaller queues even though its the main attraction.

We need to find the candy floss machine otherwise its misadvertising :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:
ryani210693

I really don't get what is with the guy getting of the rather large chair?!? IMO, my dad said that he thought it had a symbolic meaning behind it, which i think he is right about. He said "i think it is meant to say that the adult is feeling like a child again, by making him look smaller on the large chair" (if you get what i mean/ or he means)!