Mayhem Meetup - Sat 27th May (Planning and Reports)

Been to an attraction recently? Planning a trip? Tell us about it here or get some hints and tips for your next visit.
Beth

Have a good time people!
And hope the newcomers on the meetups have a good time too, these TTF crazy people aint haalf baaad!
Might be going to AT in a couple of weeks or so, so might see some of you there then ;)
::: (\\(\\
*: (=\' :\') :*
•.. (,(\'\')(\'\')¤°
Crofty

[quote=""Rory-TTF""]same lauzi, couldnt make it, well i suppose i could get the train up this afternoon and start packing now, but aint worth it for 1.5 days, have to be 2 full days. looking forward to july :shock: :o[/quote]

I was thinking the same, we could have gone up I suppose but i've got work Sunday night so it would put a dampner on my day, also I think the campsite is full.

:D :D
Ash

Hope everyone enjoys there day, I should be working on park by the next one! If all goes to plan. Its a nice day in Staffordhsire for it anyway (Looks out of window) Yup it certainly is! Shame someone cant post a TR.
AstroDan

Hey Guys
Nice to meet some faces today. Sorry wasn't about much - next time will be different. I was with a friend who wasn't in ride mood and kept feeling sick so GRR lol :-(

Till next time i'll meet some of you propery.

Dan :D
Tom M

Omg we saw someone who looks exactly like you Crofty! He was a bin-man at AT. :P He had a good laugh at Kaycee's crack though. :lol:

A few photos. I will upload the Corkie on-ride photo once I have got this scanner sorted.

http://i9.photobucket.com/albums/a79/Pr ... CT0040.jpg
Dan looking a bit scared of me, Ripsaw hair!
http://i9.photobucket.com/albums/a79/Pr ... CT0041.jpg
TTF decide to swing! ;)
http://i9.photobucket.com/albums/a79/Pr ... CT0042.jpg
Alex looking very excited on Ug-Swingers!
http://i9.photobucket.com/albums/a79/Pr ... CT0047.jpg
Hands up if Corkie hurts your head!
http://i9.photobucket.com/albums/a79/Pr ... CT0046.jpg
Same again.
http://i9.photobucket.com/albums/a79/Pr ... CT0045.jpg
Me on the Corkie lift. 8)
http://i9.photobucket.com/albums/a79/Pr ... CT0048.jpg
A few TTFers.

Edit: Finally got them all working!

Tom. :)
Last edited by Tom M on Sat May 27, 2006 9:49 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Rory

the pics dont work tom !
Lauzi

He's moving them so they're offline for a bit Rory. They'll be back soon :)
Tom M

Yeah they should be back online now with the new links. :)

Tom. :)
Kelly

Well seen as I’m back, I might as post a trip report while its still fresh in my head…right where to begin:

Arrived at about 10.15, faffed around with my pass while the guy decided which gate he was going to let me in. Got into Towers Street, skipped down it, getting some very odd looks, ahh oh well! Rang Jase at the bottom, they were on the sky ride so I headed for Cred Street. Then got a text from Jase saying they were now in Ugland, so off I went. Got there spotted Jase, and met-up with him, Cameron, Cam’s brother, Neil and Jay – Jay walked straight past me at first – Hello to you to! Only joking duck! They all went on Hex – I don’t do this ride, so I went for a walk on my bill to X-sector to admire Oblivion and omg the mist was on! Had a mini dance then decided to head back to the exit of Hex, halfway there Japanese tourists were taking pictures and I got in one of them  Then went to sit on a lovely bench while I wait, ever so patiently for the others to join me. Then finally came out and we headed for X-Sector, me cam and his brother went on oblivion while the others did enterprise and I think submission. Fun Ride :) Got off and there was someone being sick – lovely *not impressed*. Ooo where did we go after. Oh yea! Katanga Canyon, but the rapids were closed and mine train queue was big, so we went to Duel instead. I got my crappest score ever – not impressed. But we posed for the picture, looked very cool with me shooting myself in the head! Headed off to Nemmie – only to find – No Nemmie Music! Instead a DJ! Playing Music! Argh! I still danced to it in the queue line though and all the way up the lift hill me, Jase and Neil danced to Pussycat Dolls ‘Don’t Cha!’. Great ride of Nemesis got off and nick decided to drag me to Ripsaw – however he did not succeed mwuahaha! Neil and Nick went on that, while me and Jase watched, I don’t know where the others went! They came off Ripsaw and nick decided to wipe his soaking hand down my face, lovely, I remained dry for that long. After this we split up, Neil and Jase went to Cred Street MacDonald’s, while me, nick, jay, cam, cams brother headed back to Katanga to get some grub – but then we noticed the rapids were open so we headed for them, I dived into the boat and picked a seat that luckily didn’t get me wet :) I tried to order a pizza half way round the rapids - my atrempt did not work :-( We had a very – erm different picture taken on this lol Then we went to pizza hut, I didn’t get anything but omg I found…. Some SPORKS! Omg I was so happy :) I also got a straw and got it stuck in my water bottle – boohoo. After this headed over to the Tavern to meet all the others! It was nice to see everybody, I’m sorry I didn’t talk much, I was really nervous! After staying in the Tavern for about 3 minutes, some of us headed for Spinball, but partway me and Nick decided we’d rather go back to the Tavern, got there and rang Jase, he was on the blooming UgSwingers! Told him we were in the Tavern and he said he’d come meet us. After about 5 more minutes in the Tavern, which included Ant being tied to a post via selotape, so funny, me and Nick decided we want to go to Rita! Got halfway there and saw Neil and Jase, who said Rita queue was big, so we headed back to the tavern once more! Then we went on the flume, I stayed dry – yay :) For the picture I took on my sporks and it was an ace picture! After that we went back to KC for another ride on the rapids, took my sporks on again and had an ace picture! Which Dave bought! :) Jase also spotted his cousin working there! Mine train had broken down so we headed for FV, went up the air queueline only to discover it was deceivingly huge, and decided to give it a mess, we then met up with Nick and Cam again and waited for the others to ride Nemesis. Nick yet again tried to yet again drag me onto Ripsaw – but ha I got away again! We sat there for about 15 minutes, and then we started to say ‘Where’s Jay? He doesn’t go on Nemmie so where is he?!?’ Turned around and there he was sitting, he’d been there the whole time, and none of us had noticed, and neither had he! Funny, after more waiting headed for Charlie on the sky ride, god I hate that thing! Anyhooo, Charlie was huge! We were going to ride the carousel but nobody could be bothered so we nosed round the shop and then I decided that after about 3 hours of moaning about food I’d go and get some! OMG the girl in MacDonald’s was so dense – I only wanted a burger! Fast food my arse, 15 bloody minutes it took! Got out and my happy meal box like totally began to fall apart, grrr! I got this car toy which Jase nicked off me! Pfft! Then the others came to join us from the sky ride and I found out that I had been scammed out of a giraffe toy at maccies! Pfft! After this me, Jase, and Neil decided to head for Cariba Creek and Cam and his brother headed for home.

Overall the day was good, would of liked to talk to people more, I’m sorry I was so shy!
I’m back there tomorrow HaHa :D
Over and Out!
Ash

Were those chavs part of TTF behind everyone on the last picture! :o :?
callum222

wow good report kelly :D im not going to write one because it will be boring! lol
\"I\'m my own worst enemy\"
Ash

Sorry to post so soon, heard there was total park power cut out today!? From someone on park? True?
Lauzi

I've heard that TTF-ers were stuck on skyride for 25 mins, poor Kaycee in one on her own :o
Last edited by Lauzi on Sun May 28, 2006 9:58 am, edited 1 time in total.
Liam

:P Yes, Kaycee was pushed into a car and the doors closed and the skyride stopped with her in the middle of the valley on her own. Adz has a great photo of her. :P

From then on, the only things that seemed to work were the shops, vending machines and Blade.
Last edited by Liam on Sat May 27, 2006 9:51 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Kelly

Yup whole park was out, but the hotels were fine :)
Anonymous

Sorry if I was a bit too busy to say hi to everyone. Had loads to do :(
Danzaw*nk

Hey all, back from meet-up :).

Tom you must remove that photo of me now!

I had a really great time today and am so glad i came!

Trip report

Left my house and got at station at 7.15. Arrived at Luton and met Adz as he was getting the same route as me. Got to him alot better throughout the journey and discovered what a nice guy he is :D. The journey time got killed quick by that. We took the X30 to AT and arrived at about 10.40am. Adz rang the rest up and found out they were in the queue for Rita. Therefore, we took the Skyride to FV and went for a ride on Nemmy and Blade. Took the Skyride to Cred Street and met up.

Spoke to Alex quite alot and said hi to people like Saz, Sammie, Ray and others which was welcoming. We then all went on Hex which was fun. Afterwards, Uncle Dan and Marky took a bunch of us to some cove which was fascinating :D.

Next we all went on Oblivion and got stuck out in the rain for 5-10minutes. Left that and then got some lunch. Headed back to the Tavern with a bunch others. Adz and co followed shortly after and so Adz, UD, Marky, Alex, Vik, Liam and I all went over to Spinball and surprisingly didn't queue long. Afterwards, we all went on the Beastie which was a laugh. I started to feel more comfortable now and was chatting a bit more with UD, Marky and everybody else. We then went on Squirrel Nutty which was intense.

After that, we all met up again in KC and went on Duel. I got a terrible score of 30,000! Ray got 100,000! Then we all went over to FV and went on Nemesis. Me and a few others went on Blade again which was funny. Adz got a call during the ride and said, 'Can i call you back im on a bloody ride!' which was funny. Then naughty UD stood up before the lap bars raised and the ride op said, 'What are you doing?! Sit down!'. Everyone then went on Nemesis and about 5 of us went on Air. After that Tom met up briefly by Ripsaw whilst KC and others went on about 3 times :lol:. Tom was in the queue for Ripsaw and then we all over to UG Land. Ant was left all alone :lol:.

Tom met up with us again and stayed this time. Some of us then went on Rita, UG Swinger and Corky which was fun :D. Afterwards it was approaching the time when we'd need to leave so we started taking the Skyride back and left KC alone. Then nearly left me alone aswell! We didn't get far on it though. There was a power cut and just about every ride was broken. So in the end we got to FV and UD, Marky, Adz, Liam and I stayed in FV to do another ride whilst everybody went to the entrance to go camp or leave. Unfortunately, Nemmy was closed so we did Blade, again! 3rd time! We kept on standing up it in :lol:.

Afterwards, we took the woodland walk back to UD/Marky's van and Liam left us. They gave Adz and I a lift to Uttoxeter station and said our goodbyes. Then Adz and I had a fun journey back (which he is still on now) involving a plastic giraffe and laughs :lol:.

Everybody is ace. I think is spoke to almost everyone i dont have anything bad to say about anyone. Everybody is so nice and welcoming :D. We were all really surprised on how many rides we got in.

Ride count

Bland - 3
Nemesis - 2
Air - 1
Rita - 1
Ug Swinger - 1
Hex - 1
Oblivion - 1
Corky - 1
Duel - 1
Spinball - 1
Beastie - 1
Squirrel Nutty - 1

Total - 15

Not bad i say. Overall a great day and will definately be attending the next meet. Can't wait to see you all again already.

Woo! Thorpe tomorrow.
<3 Gashead\'s Mother <3
Ash

:P

That sounds hilarious! I could imagine a few exit passes were given out that day!

Lol can you imagine the shouting from the cabin! All the windows steamed up because shes been going rah rah rah so much! :P

*Only Joking :D*
Liam

Had a great time today meeting and getting to know everyone offline. :D

Trip Report:
I bought my park ticket at Splash Landings and saw Kaycee, Gashead, Ray and others there before proceeding to the Woodland walk at 9:00. Got into Forbidden Valley and went for a go on front row of Nemesis with Lee and Sammie, which was good. Jase, Neil etc. joined the group at this point. Then we all went over to Air where Kaycee managed to loose her shoe on the brake run after it staying on all ride. :P Went on a ride on Blade too before heading over to Ug Land on the Skyride. The Rita queue didn’t look too long so we joined it and I went on with Craig. After this Adz and Dan joined us whilst we all waited for ages whilst Kaycee and Jade were doing something in the toilets.

We all then went over to Hex before peering over the wall to have a look at the Dovecote. Next it was Oblivion and it started to rain slightly. TTF trook over a whole train and whilst we got stuck in the cold after a break-down in the brake run we pleaded with staff for some exit passes. Alas nothing was given. :lol: Some of us went to get a bite to eat at Meltdown before going off to the tavern for drinks under the canopy. Uncle Dan kindly bought me a drink. :D

At this point, I went off with Adz, Marky, Uncle Dan, Dan91, Alex and Vik to ride Spinball Whizzer, where we failed to get much spinning action :cry:. Next it was time to double the Beastie’s yearly attendance with a thrilling ride on that before moving on to the Squirrel Nutty Ride where Adz and I both hit our heads on the roof on exiting! :P

Went back to the Tavern but everyone had left by then and so we met them again in Katanga Canyon, whilst everyone laughed at Jay’s on-ride photo. Proceeded into Gloomy Wood and rode Duel with everyone, and then went back to FV to ride Blade whilst we waited for Sarah and co to arrive. Went on Nemesis and Air again after meeting Wayne, before splitting up and headed over to Cred Street. The Charlie queue was long and the carosel looked to slow so we browsed through the shops and waited outside the Skyride station for the others to catch up. We decided to go over to ride Rita again, and I rode alongside Wayne who was being taunted by the ride ops. :P

Whilst most people stayed to ride Ug-Swingers a few of us went over to CatCF where there was only a 20 minute queue. The ride was already looking in a sorry state, with paint fading and falling off the walls everywhere. I thought the ride itself was OK, but had nothing special at all about it.

By this time some had already left, so we headed over to FV on the skyride, when Kaycee went into a gondola, the doors shutting behind her leaving her on her own. Awww. As soon as the last of us had all got on there was a power cut and we waited above Ug Land for 10 minutes whilst poor Kaycee was hanging over the valley by herself. We took a zoomed in photo :lol: and when we got to the other side all the camping people left leaving Dan91, Marky, Uncle Dan, Adz and myself to search Forbidden Valley for something that was working. Blade was the only ride that was still operating and so went for a 3rd ride on that before leaving via the Woodland walk, back to the hotels.

At Splash we all loaded into the lift to listen to the Nemesis music with some Detonator mixed in. :lol: I then departed and went home.

Even with lots of waiting it was a fantastic day and I hope to go to more meetups in the future.

Marky and Uncle Dan are really funny and have great personalities. Went round with them for a big chuck of the day and love to do so again. Gashead was very welcoming which was very nice and Ray was very funny too. Finally met Adz, who is even better in real life than he already is online. Very funny and fantastic personality! :D Sammie and Kaycee were very friendly along with many others, who are too many to mention. :)

Will definitely go on one again, and I hope you all enjoyed my company, because I enjoyed all of your’s! :D
Jnewcombe

bah not even one mention of me :x

Jon
42% of Statistics are made up on the spot!