Alton Towers Quick Questions 2006/7

General discussion regarding the UK's No.1 Theme Park. Talk about anything and everything Alton Towers here.
Crofty

Alton Towers quick questions 2006/7

Please use this topic If you have a quick Question about alton towers that does not require a large amount of discussion.
please try to keep Q&A's as simple as possible to enable the topic to be easy to read.

Please do not use this topic for Annual Pass info Or to ask how busy the park will be on perticular dates ( this will only clutter up the topic) you can ask these questions in the Dedicated topics :

Annual Pass info

How Busy?

I will start work at transfering some of the old Q&A's from last years topic and putting them here.

This topic will be heavily monitored so you may well notice your post counts dropping when items are cleaned up.

Thankyou :D

croftybaby & The TTF Team
deb

Do you get prority ride passes as well as XRT when you stay in the Splash Landings Hotel?
Keep smiling, it makes people wonder what you\'re up to
Crofty

[quote=""deb""]Do you get prority ride passes as well as XRT when you stay in the Splash Landings Hotel?

Hi Deb, you will get XRT on any hotel stay. you will get Priority ride passes on all non-discounted hotel rates that include pre-booked theme park tickets - dont know how far they stretch that rule.

Hope that helps
:W :W
neon

I am staying in the slashlandings hotel on friday 7th and wanted to know if they have a guest wireless internet conection and if so how much do they charge
thanks in advance
Williscroft

Im not 100% shure but i would imagen they would have a wireless conection with them having the conference centre. Quickist way would be to just give them a quick ring :)
Lauzi

I've just booked my tickets online for Saturday and I don't have a printer. Did I need to print off the whole page or is it ok as long as I have the confirmation code?
air_head

I think that you'll be ok with the reference code lauzi. I lost my sheet, and called Alton earlier as I'm going tomorrow. They said I needed the code (which they gave me), mums credit card number and a letter from her saying I can use it, and ID for myself.
Crofty

[quote=""potentialsinner""]Does anyone know how long it takes AT to send out entry tickets? I ordered a £15 offer ticket on Tuesday 28th March and it hasnt arrived yet and I'm going on Wednesday! :([/quote]

PotentialsinnerIf they don't arrive in the morning then give them a ring, don't worry though, they may not have sent them out due to short time between booking and visiting the park. You may have to pick them up from the pre-booked kiosk at the park entrance.

[quote=""Evey""]Does anyone know if you can access the Runaway Mine Train from the Gloomy Wood area? It looks like you can on the map but last time I went it was fenced off. Thanks[/quote]

Evey If you follow the path through Gloomy Wood you will go up a small hill and come out next to the Runaway Mine Train. behind the large gates in Gloomy Wood (Opposite Duel) is a path that runs between The Flume and FV, this only opens at very busy times like Fireworks nights and is used as an overflow path.

:W :W
allyouwant

1. Do they have lockers for me to leave stuff in, Like they do at Blackpool? I don't remember seeing any there before, but i may have been in the wrong place.

2. Is the skyride running yet?

easier then a gmtv competition question!
stokywolf

Lockers are available at Guest services for £2-3 i beleive, if you want to take stuff around with you, you can place stuff in lockers situated in Forbidden valley and X sector, these are temporary and will cost 50p.

The skyride when i last checked (monday) was still not running they might have it on the go by this weekend however for the start of half term.
Tavern hall of famer - rockerz my sockerz
Nick

Where abouts do you pay for Priority parking? Is it as you exit the priority car park or before you leave the park?
Dan K

It's supposed to be as you go in to the Priority Car Park. There's a toll booth if you approach from the coach park.

You're issued a ticket which gets displayed on your windscreen, so obviously if you've not paid, they should notice.
stokywolf

No probs Dan.
(Should of put this up earlier)If people have any queries whilst in the park and can't use TTF to help with there choice of where to stay nearby or where to eat etc. Then you have this little fella available outside of guest services :D.
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v499/ ... 020105.jpg
Tavern hall of famer - rockerz my sockerz
Anonymous

Hey guys, this question probably sounds bonkers but anyone know if there is anywhere I can buy Corndogs in Alton Towers. :W

If you could tell me the place, that would be great :!: :lol:

Ta :)
Anonymous

Towers Street On Your Left , About 4 Pound Though , Still Tasty :P
Tom M

Another question from me,
Does anyone have any music sheets for any of the Alton Towers music,
e.g Duel, Towers Street, Katanga Canyon e.t.c

And is Skyride still working alright?

Tom.
Babyshambled

[quote=""Tom""]Another question from me,
Does anyone have any music sheets for any of the Alton Towers music,
e.g Duel, Towers Street, Katanga Canyon e.t.c
Tom.[/quote]

Don't know if this is any help, you might be able to convert it to sheet music.

Theme Tab
Evey

Hi, I'm going tomorrow and would like to know how much the on-ride photos are now and whether they do a discount if you buy a lot. Thanks.
Tom M

£4.99 each or you can buy a Photopass for £19.99 which entitles you to any 5 onride photos.
themeparkdude

Hi, I have an annual pass, and I am not a hotel guest. But where do I go in the morning for early rider? Do I go down that walk, that opens up into FV, or do I just go to the entrance at 9:00am?
Visit www.thorpeparkinsider.co.uk
We have a froum, great ride veveiws, and special features which you can not find anywhere else!
www.tussaudszone.com
We have STEALTH TESTING COVERAGE!