Nemmy / Air Updates

General discussion regarding the UK's No.1 Theme Park. Talk about anything and everything Alton Towers here.
Lauzi

Everything was running smoothly yesterday. Air broke down for about 2 minutes, no problems with Nemmie and Oblivion. RMT was closed in the morning, but opened later on. Rita broke down for about 15/20 minutes while I was in the queue.
slickmick

[quote=""mezza""]RMT up and running - it was down first thing, but was open for the first time this year.[/quote]

It was open and running on March 18th - just not for long!
Redcoat Jase

It was the first time for the General Public! - March 18th was only for Cadbury Employees!
...is no longer a member of TowersTimesForum
Anonymous

RMT had another break down today we had to do an evac. Everything is ok now tho and it re opened about 15 minutes later.
AstroDan

Excellent. The fact that ALL the park's rides are now operating (obviously no Skyride or Charlie until Saturday) really puts a certain park in Staines to shame!
Williscroft

I didnt know the sky ride was still closed, that will probably mean quite a few break downs on saturday then as that gets used to things again.
Ash

The problem is i think the sky ride needs 9 people to run it safely? Which is quite a lot for a single ride. This means lots of people need to be trained. It is also quite safety demanding due to height, age, etc
Shent

To just run skyride without any brakes you need:

1 OP Main drive
1 OP Cred street
1 OP Towers street

2 hosts on main drive
1 host on cred street
1 host on towers street

If they want brakes they need say 1 more host to be relief
1 main drive op relief (who could allso do the return stations (cred and towers)
......The one and only... :sus:
AstroDan

I'd have thought they'll have the SkyRide moving on Friday and do some training. Who knows? The staff may have already been trained to operate it?
Shent

I should think so, i know they have 2 passed off main drive ops (that i know) so, its just the return station ops if anything i suppose, anyway, dont talk to me about skyride i was on it for 6 weeks last season :evil:

Matt :)
......The one and only... :sus: