Driving School arrives

Got an idea of how the Alton Towers Resort may develop over the coming seasons? Discuss it here.
Anonymous

Here are a couple of artist impressions of the new attraction!

www.towerstimes.co.uk/2006/driving1.jpg

www.towerstimes.co.uk/2006/driving2.jpg

Artical about the ride on TT shortly.
Redcoat Jase

OMG! :?

Doesn't look much does it? - And who the hell were the artists? :? lol
...is no longer a member of TowersTimesForum
Anonymous

Wow! Looks very inventive! Loving the look of that Zebra crossing.

This is just what Cred St. needs, a wacky interactive attraction. If they pull the themeing off, this is going to be brilliant!
Dave

wow. a redress of the vintage cars then?
heey they coudl save mony and just sticka spoiler on the existing cars!

oooh sorry did i pres the "sarc lock" button on my pc by mistake?

it dosen tlook like much. i was expecting someting a little more. interesting
Liam

Thanks Ade.

Am I right in saying that the building in this artist's impression is already part of the exitisting Vintage Cars attraction as the 'ginger bread house'?

I hope it won't turn out to be too wacky in contrast to the Towers which are so close by, but yes, Cred Street should benefit greatly from this attraction, combined with CATCF in the area too. :)
Ant

Yes that would be the gingerbread house by looks of it.

I think it looks quite impressive from those plans anything that improves the Cred Street wacky theme is good in my opinion
:W .
james0507

it looks quite good compared to other driving school attractions but its still not exellent!
Ant

Mini Peugeot 207 sounds well cool 8)

Bit of a let down that the ride is aimed at under 10s but im still looking forward to seeing how it turns out.
Wes

Interesting, I know I wont be going on it but it is aimed at Kids! The impressions look very different, wacky as such . . . Should look good though!
Tom M

I hope it fits in with the rest of Cred Street and is funky, crazy and wacky with music that will drive you insane, thats what Cred Street is all about! It says aimed for under 10's but would older people be allowed to try?
haydn!

Hmmm, although the first picture is clearly Alton Towers related, I'm not convinced by that second picture. Those Hedgehogs looks suspiciously like the cartoon characters used by the Highway Agency, in their road safety ads. (Quite ironic seeing as the hedgehog is the most commonly killed animal on British roads!).

Maybe a little underlining theme will be road safety?
BMPP

God, bit Legoland anit it. talk about driving school.
http://www.alamy.com/stock_photography/ ... YRHB5.html
http://www.users.zetnet.co.uk/pmassey/h ... f00004.htm
http://www.pbase.com/vickyandy/image/35853579
Last link is Legoland Gremany.that get to drive lego audi TT's:)
As for the car wash health saftey get really funny with them as Legoland installed a kid wash in water works which was a walk through car wash. Although its still there it's not allowed to be switched on because the small brush type fabric is a bit of a problem.getting in your eyes and stuff. Hmm but they must know what there doing.
It just seems Tussuads are getting on the lego bandwagon.driving school.a cut down mini water works in benoland/ug land.paning for gold at chessie,storybook thertre in land of the dragons. It's not a bad thing as Lego do try to make your experince very unique. That can only be good.
Life on a plank
www.exittotheleft.co.uk
Jnewcombe

Looks like its gonna be a popular attaction to younger guest this year at AT . im sure they will have some kinda wacky theming inside the house too . .

Jon
42% of Statistics are made up on the spot!
Kelly

Looks like itl be a big hit with younger visitors, the idea is pretty cool, but the artists impressions aren't much to go on :?
notts nat

isnt the crow nav something to do with the crows they used a few years ago on the tv aswell as the official guide which was named " the fun guide to alton towers :?:
barryzola

Im sure as a kid i would have loved what is described in the short write up. The kids will be over the frickin moon when they have a go on this im sure.
Benbrit

The Driving school looks great,
but I have to ask the question, Will it be yet another pay per go attraction?
If so this is getting stupid, they might aswell charge for all the rides and drop the entrance fee. if not then this will realy breath life back into cred street :lol:
Redcoat Jase

I'm sorry, but i really don't like the idea now i've seen the artist impression - But like Kelly says, it isn't much to go by!
If the kids like it then 'what the hell!' :wink:
...is no longer a member of TowersTimesForum
haydn!

anyone know what will happen to the disabled entrance for Hex, as don't they use one of the stable doors next to the Vintage Cars?

What I'm talking about can be seen here. But as can also been seen here, the same doorway will become part of Driving School.