Ultimate European Theme Parks Awards 2005

Engage with like-minded members and discuss the world of theme parks and attractions here.
Anonymous

Hi there !

My name is François Mayné, i'm 23 and i'm coming from Belgium . I open this topic to present you the Ultimate European Theme Parks Awards.

The Ultimate European Theme Parks Awards is a project created by different european enthusiasts in 2003. There was at that time many surveys of all kinds on the Web from many theme park enthousiasts (among which Coaster Poll and the Screamscape Ultimate Awards) but none were really devoted to the European parks. Our idea was then to create a great annual survey available in the majority of the most spoken languages in Europe and dedicated only to the Europeans parks.

Now, we are launching the fourth UETPA Edition ! The poll is presented in 6 languages (english, french, german, dutch, spanish and italian) and you can vote for 26 Awards in 5 categories (New for 2005, Attractions, Shows and Events, Parks and Various)

So, i invite you to participate to the UETPA :)

The link is: http://www.uetpa.com
(you have to accept cookies if it doesn't work)
You will also find on our websites the past complete results, some pictures of prize winners, presentations, Honour List, etc.

Voting will end on Sunday March 12th 2006 !

And to make something more interesting that "just a topic", here some commentaries about my vote (i hope you will explain too your choices and argue them like me ) :)

Concerning the 2005 novelties, i decided to vote for Rush! as the best new Thrill Ride, because i love it, i believe my favourite thrill ride was Sledge Hammer (the Giant Frisbee of Bobbejaanland), but Rush! is above:) And i vote for Sponge Bob Squarepants 4D as the best new family ride (Walibi Belgium); because i like the movie, the characters and it was fun for a 4D!

My favourite steel rollercoaster is. Expedition Ge Force (i really want to compare it with Nemesis and Air, but it will be for later. Wink ), Stampida (Port Aventura) as best Wooden Coaster, Winja's Fear and Winja's Force for best family coaster.

As best Thrill Ride, i vote for Hurakan Condor, the new Intamin drop tower of Port Aventura (stand up position. argh) , River Quest (Phantasialand) as best Water Ride, Challenge of Tutankhamon as best Dark Ride (even if i really love DR like Phantom Manor, Pirates of the Caribbean or Droomvlucht), Templo del Fuego (fantastic !) as best Special Effects Attraction and Big Thunder Mountain as best themed attraction. There's also an Award about the ride's music, i vote for Villa Volta (Efteling), i love it!

About shows: "Main Basse sur la Joconde" from Parc Astérix and "Fantillusion" from Disneyland Park, and my favourite event in 2004 was the Halloween Season of Walibi Belgium (with Tornalloween)

The parks: i like Port Aventura, Disneyland Park, Phantasialand and Europa Park, and Nigloland for the "small park", it's a french park very nice. For example, i vote for Port Aventura for Food Services and Merchanding, Disneyland for best crew, Europa Park for best Space / Cleanliness, etc.

I visited for the first time two amusement parks in United Kingdom last year (Thorpe Park & Chessington), i really was impressed by the rides like Dragon's Fury, Nemesis Inferno, Rush!, Slammer, Colossus, Vampire, so much fun! You're lucky :) I hope i'll visit Alton this year.

Last year, Alton Towers has won the Award of the Amusement Park with the Best Rides in Europe :) And Thorpe Park won the "Best New ride 2003" with Nemesis Inferno. I believe that Alton has good chance to be judged as the best park this year, and rides like Rita, Rush! and Slammer can take the best new thrill ride 2005 :)

Thanks a lot, happy 2006 season ! :)

François
Dr Pop Rocket

The european theme park awards voting is open.

http://www.uetpa.com/

Vote Now.

This is the 2005 awards but it is being held in 2006. I know confusing aint it. :P
Crofty

*Topics Merged*
Croftybaby :D :D

Looks like Port Aventura won last years top award?
Will be interesting how the british parks do.

Reminder voting ends this Sunday

:D :D
CGM

This is the 2005 awards but it is being held in 2006. I know confusing aint it.
You do have to wait for the year to finish before you have the awards. Who knows, sme park might suddenly build some great new ride right at the end of the season
John

[quote=""CGM""]
You do have to wait for the year to finish before you have the awards. Who knows, sme park might suddenly build some great new ride right at the end of the season[/quote]
They might, but if they do hardly anyone will have had chance to ride it before the park reopens the next year so it probably wouldn't win anyway.
CGM

They might, but if they do hardly anyone will have had chance to ride it before the park reopens the next year so it probably wouldn't win anyway.
But it still deserves the right to be included
Dr Pop Rocket

[quote=""CGM""]
You do have to wait for the year to finish before you have the awards. Who knows, sme park might suddenly build some great new ride right at the end of the season[/quote]

We are 3 months into 2006. So I would of thought the awards would have been held january time. But never mind.
CGM

I don't know, ask the person who runs it. seems to be award time with the Oscars ect