shark rollercoaster live and kicking mid nineties

What rides and attractions do you miss? Share your memories of Alton Towers' extensive past here.
Altonator

Can anyone renember the TV show Live and Kicking on BBC One?
On one of the shows in April 1995 or April 1996 it had a feature which was about Alton Towers, it said that Alton were planning a new coaster which was to be built in and around the lake in front of the Towers and that the ride would feature real sharks in the water, the person from Alton Towers (Emma Parsons I think)
was asked:

A How will the sharks stay alive in the natural water lake?
The sharks will remain alive because we will being filling the lake with all this salt (showed you huge bags of salt sat next to the lake)

B How will the passengers be kept safe from the sharks whilst riding?
The cars will have cages around them so the sharks won't be able to attack the riders

Whats the name of the ride?
The ride will be called the Great White

Anyway those are the questions that I renember from all those years ago - I'm sure there were many more questions asked :)

When I saw this I thought awesome - can't wait for this ride to open :D

Anyway at the end of Live and Kicking it said that some of the features on todays show are true and some are April Fools jokes - but won't reveal the joke ones until next weeks show.

So anyway I was really excited about this new ride all week - until I watched the next Live and Kicking the following week and found out that the Alton feature was an April Fools joke - I wasn't very pleased :lol:

But now when I think about it I just laugh :lol: :lol: :lol:

Can anyone renember this?
Were you fooled by it?
Does anyone have this footage on tape? (I don't)
Whatever the weather outside it\'s always tropical at Cariba Creek
Crofty

I can remember it, I always thought it was the Sun that put the story out and it was on the Big Breakfast.
Was a great story though, Ideal for the opening of the Season, whatever year it was.

:D :D
Peterwittland

Could be like Jaws at universal studios. but with real sharks instead of a huge piece of plastic!
FAT PEOPLE ARE HARDER TO KIDNAP!
themeparkfreak

lol. Wow, that would make a pretty good ride actually!