Quick Questions 2008

General discussion regarding the UK's No.1 Theme Park. Talk about anything and everything Alton Towers here.
ihavenoknees

Going to Scarefest tomorrow and will be staying the Saturday night in the area. Hopefully. I have no idea where to stay. I know there are lots of places available but I need somewhere that I can book in late and walk to if need be. I probably wont have to but it would be a helpful just in case. I Don't really want to end up wondering down that almost road to Alton in the dark!

I hope someone can answer this quickly as I'm of in a bit so thanks in advance to any help or ideas. :mrgreen:
see above[/i]
AstroDan

It's the busiest weekend of the season and many local hotels/B&B's will be fully booked. I am afraid you may find it difficult not having pre-booked.

:(
Nemair

Are the Bus Times the same during Scarefest?

(The one from Alton to Uttoxeter)
AstroDan

Yes. The buses are the same until Sunday, 2nd November.

:)
Anonymous

Hi, this might sound like a dumb question but do you have to pay to go on terror of the towers, or do you just have to pay for a fastrack.
AstroDan

Terror of the Towers is included in admission to Alton Towers Theme Park, but queue's are anything up to 2 hours. A Fast Track is £4.00.
Nemair

[quote=""Cont. Yates""]Yes. The buses are the same until Sunday, 2nd November.

:)[/quote]

And then after?

I'm going on the monday?
AstroDan

The park is closed on Monday!!! There are now only two park days left this season: Sunday 2nd and Sunday 9th November.

:?
Nemair

Yeah sorry :P Must have got a bit confused....darn it!
Urostealth

[quote=""Cont. Yates""]Yes. The buses are the same until Sunday, 2nd November.

:)[/quote]

Thanks for that infomation. I always take the bus to and from Alton Towers :)

As for the topic, i dont know anywhere, and said before: there wont be many spaces left in hotels or B&B's.
iNemesis

Do Alton Towers employ 'extras' for there Halloween events, such as the zombies in the 'Field of a Thousand Screams'. Read it on a Facebook group that some of the members were zombie extras.

If this is true, can anyone provide me with info on how / where to apply for next year, (yeah, I realize it's a tad early), or show me this years site / info..

Many thanks..
Chris W

[quote=""iNemesis""]Do Alton Towers employ 'extras' for there Halloween events, such as the zombies in the 'Field of a Thousand Screams'. Read it on a Facebook group that some of the members were zombie extras.

If this is true, can anyone provide me with info on how / where to apply for next year, (yeah, I realize it's a tad early), or show me this years site / info..

Many thanks..[/quote]

I would guess you will have to be at least 18.
They recruit on acting websites and things like that.
iNemesis

[quote=""Disco Ball""][quote=""iNemesis""]Do Alton Towers employ 'extras' for there Halloween events, such as the zombies in the 'Field of a Thousand Screams'. Read it on a Facebook group that some of the members were zombie extras.

Many thanks..[/quote]

I would guess you will have to be at least 18.
They recruit on acting websites and things like that.[/quote]

Mmm, thought as much ;l. Would be such a laugh though to be a zombie / extra, would it not? :P.
Trebor64

Hi, long time reader, first time poster! Please could someone help. I brought some tickets last time I went to Alton Towers to return any other day (think they were £13 each) but never got round to going again. Would they still be valid if I go this Sunday for the Corkscrew's final day? It states on the tickets valid before 9.11.08. Any help would be great thanks!
Corkscrewed

If you mean Bounce Back tickets, I'm afraid they won't be valid, as Corkscrews day is a special event, and Bounceback can only be used in the main open season.

erm... I just read the last bit of your post again, and I think that they might have referred to when the season was longer (The season was shortened a week this year I think) but I couldn't be sure so if another member could just confirm this?

:D
Vik

The posters around park advertising come back for £8/£13, have on them, valid until 9th November. If the tickets have valid until 9th November on them as well, it would be very difficult for Alton Towers to turn people away on 9th November, unless it also mentions that it is not valid for special events. (The corporate events this week are also special events).

Probably best ring and ask Alton Towers directly (wouldn't bother emailing, you probably wouldn't get a reply until after the 9th anyway).
Sent from my ZX81 via Time Travel

Crazy"Alton"F

Does anybody know what this song is called?

[url=http://www.towerstimes.co.uk/media/vide ... sthigh.htm" target="_blank]http://www.towerstimes.co.uk/media/vide ... sthigh.htm[/url]
BULBOUS

Lovely Rita - The Beatles.

:)
Adjective: Fat, round, or bulging.
Justtracy

:? Can anyone advise me what rides will be operating at half term. Its my better halfs 50th on the 21st February and while we were at Scarefest he anounced that he would like to go to Alton Towers for his birthday. He is an Oblivion fan and would be devistated if we went and it wasn't running. Will it be really busy that weekend?
NF2

The list and all the information you will need courtesy of Altons website :D

[url=http://www.altontowers.com/winter-brochure/index.asp" target="_blank]http://www.altontowers.com/winter-brochure/index.asp[/url]