Quick Questions 2008

General discussion regarding the UK's No.1 Theme Park. Talk about anything and everything Alton Towers here.
pinkiep

[quote=""SAM93""]Im going on wednesday and heard that it my be busy, so I'm considering buying fast-track thrill ticket. But I'm not sure where you buy them or how they work....

Could anybody possible enlighten me?[/quote]

You can either buy online with your park entrance ticket or from the Sales & Information booths in the park itself.Buy early though as they do sell out.They can be used to fastrack each ride only once. :)
SAM93

But how do you use them, also where are the info booths located?
pinkiep

[quote=""SAM93""]But how do you use them, also where are the info booths located?[/quote]

As you go to each ride look for either priority pass entrance or disabled entrance and there will be a staff member waiting to check your ticket.They'll either rip or scribble next to the ride that you're going on.

The booths are dotted all over the park,you can also buy at the entrance when you get your park ticket.HTH
CoasterCrazyChris

Q: Where are the booths located?

In the park, one of the desks is located in front of X-Sector and the other infront of The Flume.
iNemesis

[Q] Anyone know who the team members were that were operating the RMT last night? Particularly interested in the womans name. She made the whole ride that little bit better, by asking for the drivers names, communicating etc..

So yeah, anyone know her personally?. Or even via social networking?..
dobby2743

will duel be live all through the scarefest event?
NickT04

As long as it's after 3pm, then yes!
iNemesis

*Coughs* Duel: LIVE was hardly 'live' when we went.. We didn't even see an actor on the door, and people were coming out complaining about it 'not being worth the queue'..
SAM93

Where abouts are the Fast Track entrances located on the rides on Fast Track Thrill ticket?

Sorry to ask so many questions about this it's just that I want to waste as little time as possible when I'm on park tomorrow.

Also another quick question... By what time do the Fast Track tickets normaly sell out?
iNemesis

[quote=""SAM93""]Where abouts are the Fast Track entrances located on the rides on Fast Track Thrill ticket?

Sorry to ask so many questions about this it's just that I want to waste as little time as possible when I'm on park tomorrow.

Also another quick question... By what time do the Fast Track tickets normaly sell out?[/quote]

Once you approach the Ride area, you can't miss them on Oblivion, Air & Rita, there all clearly marked out. Nemmie is a little more hidden, it's right next to the loop, directly under the station, so you should be able to find it :). On others, you can see them when your close to the main ride.

As for the time they 'run out', I couldn't say. I'm guessing other people on here can help you with that :). However, I do know they don't sell them if there are not many peopl4e on park..

Hope you have a great day :)
Anonymous

Does anyone know if this years 2 for 1 vouchers apply during scarefest? Going this Saturday and i'm scared already! lol
Bolton Warrior

Double check your voucher as most of them run out this Friday.

If it is dated until 2nd November then you will be fine.
Voni86

Hi guys, I've got a couple of questions.

First of all, how much are the fast track tickets? Do you get a discount on them with the AP?

And are there hairdryers in the Splash Landings hotel? Seems a bit daft but it means not having to pack mine if they have them!

Cheers! :D
evil cod

I can help you with the 1st half

[url=http://www.altontowers.com/pages/theme- ... our-ticket" target="_blank]http://www.altontowers.com/pages/theme- ... our-ticket[/url]

No annual pass discount unfortunatly.
If you are going during scarefest aswell as the ones covered in that link there is a Terror Of The Towers fasttrack avaliable for £4

No idea on the hairdryers thou.
NF2

Just a few questions before my visit tomorrow:

As there is no ERT, are they still holding everybody at the bottom of Towers Street or is everyone now free to walk the park like you previously could. I just wanted to know so if necessary I can queue outside Rita before it opens to try and get as many rides in whilst its quiet!

Also, if the queue for Hex reaches the door, how long is the wait going to be? I know its quite a high capacity ride, however its a really long passageway so i'm guessing 30 minutesish :?

Finally, how much is a Fastrack for TOTT? And is it better to go on at the start or end of the day?

Cheers :D
evil cod

I believe the once the park gates open you can roam, so you would be free to queue outside rita till it opens.

yeah Ive found to the hex entrance to be about 30mins if not less.

TOTT fasttrack is £4pp usually best to not do it in the 1st hour but after that its anyones call as it depends on staff rotations, queue lengths and many other things which noone can predict, I can say thou that my best go was at about 7pm.
Danger Noise

hi, could someone please let me know which 2 for 1 tickets , if any, are valid untill the 2nd or maybe even the 9th, many thanks
Coke

They should say in the Terms & Conditions, there probably isn't any for the 9th as it is technically out of the theme park opening season, if you plan to go on the 9th book online and save yourself a few quid!

Can you book a table at Flambos?

Are you thirsty?
Craig

9th November is classed as a special event which was added during the season. The "official" end of season is on 2nd November, so 2for1 deals only run up until then at most.

As Coke said, best off booking online if you're not an AP holder :D

Flambo's is a walkup restaurant too I'm afraid, so you'll most likely have a bit of wait to get in if it's busy.

I'm not sure when you're going, but if it's on the 9th Flambos will not be open, and neither will Splash as a hotel due to low demand. Cariba Creek is open as normal though.
bezzzzzer

Well when we went to the park for Scarefest we got given half price vouchers to all the Merlin attractions, and it said that they were valid at Alton until November 9th. So surely, with these vouchers, you can get into Corckscrews last day for half the price, which would be a tenner wouldn't it?

But all the other vouchers, like Tesco, Woolworths, Monster Munch. They all run out on either 31st or 2nd like has been said. So they can't be used for Corckscrew day.