Quick Questions 2008

General discussion regarding the UK's No.1 Theme Park. Talk about anything and everything Alton Towers here.
Udder

Sunday 9th Corkscrew closure day.

How busy do you think the day will be. I'm not sure to go during next week or to go on the 9th.

What would you do?
Corkscrewed

unless you have some kind of massive affection for Corkscrew, I'd say next week. Mainly because all rides will be open, and it might be quieter.

:D
Quickey

Hey!

Someone posted a raring 2 go scarefest voucher somewhere on the forums the other day, and I can’t find it now. Pleas could someone post it in here. :)
Magical Ryan

Jonathan

Evening all. First post here for years! Had to go into my old emails to try and find my password and found a load of threatening emails from July 2007! :shock: :shock: Glad that was sorted, and a quick mention on what a great looking site you have here now! Excellent! Looking at the ages of the posters on here though, I feel soooo old!

Anyway. The closure of the first coaster I ever rode (1983) has prompted me to order tickets online for the Goodbye to Corkscrew day. First off, it took two attempts for the transaction to go through online, but I rang AT and checked my credit card statement, and it does appear that I have brought two tickets!

However, I received no email confirmation due to the problems and, although I have been given a reference number by AT, is this usual and will I still be able to claim my tickets on the day OK? I don't think they are posting out tickets for this one-off day.

Secondly, as my wife is a chicken and won't ride anything ever since her near death experience on Oblivion (I told her Air was gentler!), I always have to ride on my own. Are the Single Rider Queues still in operation and, if not, will I still get funny looks if I join the main queue on my own? :lol:

Thanks all,

Jonathan
Magical Ryan

Hey, There are single riders queues what you can line up in where you basically get to sit next to a complete stranger!
Also you said "near death experience on Oblivion"
Could you explain? :D
Jonathan

Thanks Ryan!

I made good use of the single riders queue during my last visit, but that was probably 3 years ago now, so wasn't too sure if they were still being used. I remember thinking that on Air I seemed to just be a nuisance to the ride operators, but the Nemesis one allowed three back-to-back rides :D

I may have exaggerated a bit with my wife and Oblivion, but it scared her to death (the on-ride photo is a classic!) and not much longer after that we discovered that a heart complaint she had as a child is actually still a problem for her now - phew!
pinkiep

Hiya,
Just wondered if anyone knows if there will be any fastrack tickets available for the Corkscrew event on the 9th Nov?
Cheers,
Wendy
dizzy_telford

okay so i have been to alton towers many times, but have never been whilst it is raining! i am going tomorrow and it is forecast heavy rain (joy)! will this affect much? mainly the rides! thanks a bunch!
Udder

So i'm wanting to go next week.

Last week of the park and I think the kids ar off. Busy?

What's the chance of getting on the rides, would there be a 1 hour wait for one ride next week?
Quickey

Not strictly a question about Alton Towers, but where is the first Tesco or ASDA that have a café serving breakfast on the way from the motorway to Alton Towers? Is there one in Stoke or Uttoxeter?
Edgey

[quote=""Udder""]So i'm wanting to go next week.

Last week of the park and I think the kids ar off. Busy?

What's the chance of getting on the rides, would there be a 1 hour wait for one ride next week?[/quote]

We're going next week so we'll maybe see you there :)
Coasternut

Hey guys,

Just a couple of things...

Are hotel maze tickets likely to sell out on saturday morning? Was thinking of arriving at the park about 1ish but living close by could head up earlier on to get them if needs be.

Even better would be if its possible to buy saturday maze tickets from the ticket offices or hotel sometime this week?

Can anyone help me out? Thanks very much.

And there is both a Tesco with cafeteria and a Lidl opposite each other in Uttoxeter. Very easy to find! :D
BULBOUS

[quote=""Quickey""]Not strictly a question about Alton Towers, but where is the first the Lidl round the back of Hotel Colosseo or ASDA that have a café serving breakfast on the way from the motorway to Alton Towers? Is there one in Stoke or Uttoxeter?[/quote]

Which motorway? I know if you're coming from the east/M1/Derby direction, there's a McDonald's and little chef at the roundabout at Uttoxeter - and in the town itself, there's a Tesco with café, as said above.

If you're coming from M6/west/Stoke direction, there's a T€sco at "Meir Park" with a café, and a McDonald's across the road if you don't fancy what's on offer there.

All I know, sorry! Best to check out [url=http://www.tesco.com/storelocator" target="_blank]http://www.tesco.com/storelocator[/url] along your route, or wait for someone else to reply.

[quote=""dizzy_telford""]okay so i have been to alton towers many times, but have never been whilst it is raining! i am going tomorrow and it is forecast heavy rain (joy)! will this affect much? mainly the rides! thanks a bunch![/quote]

On Rita (and a few other rides, but due to the exposed-ness and launch particularly Rita), an announcement will be made about it being uncomfortable in the rain, and to stand aside and let others pass if you don't want to ride in the current conditions.

Only in very heavy rain/hail, and if thunderstorms are nearby will rides be closed, and if so, I don't think indoor rides/attractions are affected.

[quote=""pinkiep""]Hiya,
Just wondered if anyone knows if there will be any fastrack tickets available for the Corkscrew event on the 9th Nov?
Cheers,
Wendy[/quote]

The availability of fasttrack tickets depends on how busy the park is - they won't sell FastTrack tickets if there are not many people around. :)
Adjective: Fat, round, or bulging.
Wes

What time do the barriers open for the car park at the Scarefest event? I was hoping that if I stay at the mazes until around 11 that I can get away without paying for parking.

;)

Anyone?
Ant

^^^
[spoiler:3subo29p]Just park at the Hotels :)! Done this for years now no one bothers :)[/spoiler:3subo29p]
Last edited by Ant on Wed Oct 22, 2008 9:49 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Big Dave

Ssssssssssh!!!! Dont tell everyone incase towers find out!!!!!!!
:-$ :sus:
NF2

OK, this is going to sound really strange, but do any of the mazes during Scarefest use Duel esque monster props, or is it all just actors? The bizzare thing is, I can cope with actors because they are human size jumping out at me, which my dad sometimes does to make me sh1t myself anyway! However i've never reacted well to large monster props like those within Duel as I find the size and typical large teeth as well as the mix of sound and strobes quite intimidating!

Strange I know, but can anybody help me?
Big Dave

There are no large props on the park that would be too scary has the park in general has a family feel. Some of the scare mazes use actors on stilts and other large costumes (without giving too much away)
Kaycee

[quote=""Ant""]^^^
[spoiler:1ya49zhw]Just park at the Hotels :)! Done this for years now no one bothers :)[/spoiler:1ya49zhw][/quote]

Ahhh... they have been cracking down on that recently. :) The last time I stayed at one of the Hotels prior to last weekend, we were stopped and questioned by a member of staff as to our reason for using the hotel car parks, as were all the other cars in the queue. A few turned around.