Flamingo Land

Engage with like-minded members and discuss the world of theme parks and attractions here.
Michaél

Can blow them up. Just one tick.
AstroDan

I am a little dissapointed here. The layout is identical to Steel Hawg aside from a slightly more angled drop. In addition, the drop is trimmed - making the "record" a little worthless. Surely Screaming Squirrels etc. are steeper...!
Khanage

Why are you disappointed? It may be a clone of the Indianna Beach ride but it is unique and a one of a kind here in the UK. :D
Thanks to Adzy for the sig & av.

Michaél

Here you go.
Hope that is better.:D
AstroDan

[quote=""Khanage""]Why are you disappointed? It may be a clone of the Indianna Beach ride but it is unique and a one of a kind here in the UK. :D[/quote]

I am mainly dissapointed because the drop appears to be trimmed. I am sure it'll be decent, but I just was hoping for a longer version of Steel Hawg, I guess.

:?
seanyboyuk

It looks good i think but you have to remember its going in quite a small area.
I think flamingoland have made a mistake putting it where tidal wave used to be its going to make it look very cramped. Again i say this they should start developing over oposite the giraffe house in them fields as if if the ride doesnt get themed well it will look very funfairish.
AstroDan

Oooh that will be cramped! Although I can't exactly moan about a poor flat ride being replaced by a fairly unique coaster!

:D
Michaél

I can't wait because i love the amount of airtime you get on the drops on the eurofighters. However i am not sure whether this will deliver as much because of the trimming on the drop. But on the other hand Steel Hawg has really good reviews.
Spike
Location: Curled up in Nemmies claws. Sound asleep and purring like a kitten.

Video of the site and Interview from the Ops Director.

[url=" target="_blank][/url]
MY HAND IS A DOLPHIN!!! >:O
*Honest Cint!*
Khanage

Another video from Flamingo Land TV! These little videos are rather interesting, I look forward to the next one and the ones during the construction of the coaster itself.

"Video has been removed by user!" Bit of a shame. :?
Last edited by Khanage on Thu Mar 12, 2009 10:47 pm, edited 1 time in total.

AstroDan

"Most Exciting Ride in Europe"

:D
Quickey

The video has been removed. :(
Khanage

[url=" target="_blank][/url]

A new video combining the previous two videos that were removed is now up! I have never been to FL but I must say this coaster is quite exciting.

Chris W

So far, Mumbo Jumbo is my most anticipated 2009 addition in the UK, it just looks like such a fun ride. Its totally unique to Europe and the layout is pretty interesting.

I'm looking forward to further video updates, Flamingoland is one of the better parks for treating their fans well.

BTW, how cool is the guy on that video's voice!
Matt.C

I couldn't see any sign of the coaster starting to go up and it's not long before they open. Leaving it a bit late aren't they?
Rob L

Well it's opening in July so I'd say they've got plenty of time. I don't think it will take that long to construct the coaster itself.

evil cod

[quote=""Disco Ball""]Flamingoland is one of the better parks for treating their fans well.[/quote]
No, Flamingoland is in the top parks for treating their fans badly, they will treat you well if you say only good things but dont even try make a critisism! Not going to get into details here thou.

This ride is rather exciting! Its going to be interesting to see how the reverse banked turns feel thou, with slammer style restraints too hmm.
Nathan

I'm looking forward to further video updates, Flamingoland is one of the better parks for treating their fans well.
LOL.

Just LOL. :lol:

Talk Flamingo didn't lose its top posters for no reason.
Chris W

[quote=""evil cod""][quote=""Disco Ball""]Flamingoland is one of the better parks for treating their fans well.[/quote]
No, Flamingoland is in the top parks for treating their fans badly, they will treat you well if you say only good things but dont even try make a critisism! Not going to get into details here thou.

This ride is rather exciting! Its going to be interesting to see how the reverse banked turns feel thou, with slammer style restraints too hmm.[/quote]

I always thought they had a pretty good relationship with the fans.
E.g they are letting these videos get filmed.

My mistake, I don't follow the park a lot.
Joe Koopa

This ride is starting to take-shape. I can not wait until I can ride it, it should hopefully boost Flamingo Land's attendance in the future. :D