Flamingo Land

Engage with like-minded members and discuss the world of theme parks and attractions here.
Spike
Location: Curled up in Nemmies claws. Sound asleep and purring like a kitten.

[quote=""Mackem Lad""][quote=""Spike""][quote=""jonathan leake""]is it going to be the same layout as steal hawgs?[/quote]

I personally would say yes, mainly because it costs alot of money to extend a ride as it needs a prototype to be built and tested before S&S will allow it to go on sale. I think the off the shelf design will be the one they get and we may see some variations of the layout appear in the near future.

I could be wrong though and they may have a few designs in their portfolio. :)[/quote]

Mumbo Jumbo is taller and has a steeper drop than Steel Hawq. :) [/quote]

Just out of interest Nathan, do you have a link to this Info as RCDB doesn't have any specs of the ride as such, I know where/who you have got this info from I just know you can't go to S&S apply for a custom design of one of their off the shelf designs and demand a higher lift hill & steeper drop without some serious changes to the layout. The ride is designed with the height and speed in mind if you go making the lift higher the speed around the ride will have to be severely docked in order to ride the layout comfortably. I'm not saying it's not going to happen, S&S may have a higher version or FL surprisingly may have paid the extra for S&S to investigate and modify, I just find it hard to believe is all.
MY HAND IS A DOLPHIN!!! >:O
*Honest Cint!*
Nathan

Flamingo Land season tickets for 2009 are only £40 for the first 1000 customers - that's a saving of 55%.

With the gate price set to be £23 in 2009, you'd soon get your money's worth after the second trip.

£40 is an absolute steal.
Anonymous

At last a good deal from this park not yet as good as alton towers benefits but it shows the park does value its regular visitors
one point does this offer cover pleasure island as well?
Nathan

Yup.
Nathan

Well Ride Guide were the first to announce the statistics and I take their word for it.

Coaster Force then got in touch to confirm this and Flamingo Land obliged.

Park World are also reporting that the ride will have a 96ft 125 degree drop.

The same website also states this;

The first El Loco coaster debuted this summer at Indiana Beach in the USA and features an interesting layout. Flamingo Land’s ride will be very similar but slightly larger, featuring a 700 hourly throughput.
So the difference between it and Steel Hawq will be minimal but different nevertheless. :)

---- Post Info Added ----

First look at the cars.

I think they look incredible.
Last edited by Nathan on Sat Nov 22, 2008 4:55 pm, edited 1 time in total.
AstroDan

Blast! If this park was any closer, I'd give it a go... but as it is - it just isn't worth it as the fuel costs are so great to go very much.

Will probably only go the once :(
Craig

If only this offer was being run in January I'd have got one myself :(. I missed out on the park this season, and would love a few visits next year.
Quickey

NICE! Those cares look amazing.

I am really looking forward to this now! I hope they theme it well.
AstroDan

The cars look cool, but they are polished and waxed for a trade show! Flamingo are hardly going to use shine on them every morning. The flames are quite Rita if you ask me.

I am concered about the restraints though, as they're not nice on Slammer at all.

Also, with the cars being so small, any idea if this will be dual-loading?
John

I've always found slammer OK, as long as you don't completely close the shoulder restraint and rely solely on the lap bar.

One thing that does concern me is that the double restraints take longer to check, which could prove a problem on an already low capacity ride, especially as throughput already seems to be an issue at flamingoland.
Johno

I would imagine that the station would be fairly large with 2 places to get on, 2 to get off, and one where restraints are quickly checked before the ride.
Nathan

It could well still run into January though.

The offer will end once the 1000th ticket has been sold.
Bolton Warrior

Great offer from Flamingoland, but I wont be taking them up on it as imo there is not really a lot to do at Flamingoland to merit more than one visit a season.

Now if Magnum and Bullet were still there I would have already have bought a season pass.
seanyboyuk

i sometimes wish i had bought season passes but i get put off that you have to visit 2/3+ times to get your money worth but on the plus side they are great value!
DiogoJ42

[quote=""AstroDan""]
I am concered about the restraints though, as they're not nice on Slammer at all.
[/quote]
Tell me about it! what's wrong with a good old fashioned OTSR?
Nathan

[quote=""Diogoj42""][quote=""AstroDan""]
[/quote]
Tell me about it! what's wrong with a good old fashioned OTSR?[/quote]

It's far more comfortable to be stapled than to be loose.

Standard OTSR's wouldn't be able to comfortably hold people upside down for a prolonged amount of time.

Whereas Nemesis whips you upside down in a split second, Mumbo Jumbo will hold you there for a fair few.
DiogoJ42

[quote=""Mackem Lad""]
Standard OTSR's wouldn't be able to comfortably hold people upside down for a prolonged amount of time.[/quote]

Ah you mean like Colossus? yeah that's a bit unpleasant. I reckon the OTSR's on Eurofighters are pretty good. They hold you from the lap rather than shoulders.

Mind you, I quite like the belly bar on G Force. until it ratchets down on you half way round and crushes you that is!
Stu

I don't like the S&S restraints, i hate slammers restraints but i love the ride.

But then i agree that normal OTSR's wont be good enough to hold you in all the time. Never been on a Eurofighter so don't know what that feels like yet (till saw) but i do know... well i dunno to be fair...

Topspins - the restraintson Ripsaw make u nice and snug, they don't hurt, i like them.. only thing i have is the distance between the seats, sitting between 2 big people is not fun. But this distance on Talocan which uses OTSR has bigger distance between and feels nicer.. BUT when holding upside down and spinning etc, i come out my seat.. well most people do and wasnt sure if it was comfortable or not. Nice to have room between seats but not sure i liked the big gaps inside and moving about and coming out of my seat. So little un-decided. But i really don't like the restraints on Slammer yet i like the ride, so im not sure on this coaster yet. But can't wait to ride it.... looks fun!
Michaél

Mumbo Jumbo Layout releaed by Flamingoland.
Side view.
The car which was on display at an amuesment ride fair.
Looks exactly like Steel Hawg at Indiana Beach.
But aparantly the drop will be 1 degree steeper.
seanyboyuk

have you got bigger versions of them pictures?