Thorpe Park Resort

Engage with like-minded members and discuss the world of theme parks and attractions here.
Ryan.B

lewis97 wrote:
Ryan.B wrote:Looks like it will be good for the park, no under 18s which I would've found disappointing, if they had acts I liked. Also does anybody know if the age restriction for this applies for summer nights on the days they share as I should hopefully be at Thorpe in summer?
Where have you got no under 18s from? On their website, Thorpe Park just advise than under 16s are accompanied, so you may be getting confused with the Ministry of Sound nights.
Ah thanks, I just saw a facebook post from a page with the rides and vibes image, but they were talking about MoS so I got a bit confused :P
Capt.Barnacles

Posted today, the areas of track that were previously painted grey have now been painted blue :)

Source: https://www.facebook.com/ThemeParkXtreme" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
Morgan

Looks much better! Rest of the track needs to be done immediately.
Danny

It looks great with a lick of paint! However, you can see that the wheels have almost instantly marked the track, which tells me that whether it is all repainted or not, it won't be lasting long :(
Ryan.B

I must say, with the whole ride/supports painted, it could be one of the best looking coasters around! Looks fantastic in that colour!
Owen

The most likely reason why only select areas are painted is because they are testing the paint in high stress areas (such as the heartline rolls). Seeing as it's been ripped off almost instantly I doubt the park will go ahead with the full track repaint and will probably find a better option that'll last more than a day on the rails! If they do I will be very surprised as even though the heartline rolls are put under moderate stress, this is nothing compared to other areas of the track are put under - such as the bottom of the drop and cobra roll.
Ryan.B

Still, can't believe its ripped off pretty much straight away, hope it still gets a repaint as it looks better than it has for ages! I quite like the shade, fits in nicely.
Stan.H

Is it managing to survive school holidays o far, how long have the queues been, has it had many teething problems yet?

I like this experience, just a bit of a waste of queue times (60 mins) Overall 7/10
sw7nutter

It can barley manage with 10 people... I do believe they have managed to improve the experience since it first opened but its still a massive waste of money. Most reviews have been that they wouldn't wait 5 minutes for it. Should have spent the money on retheming the rumba rapids than spending money on what ever they are trying to claim this "attraction" (a very broad use of the term) as.
Owen

I liked it, however I feel there are some timing issues to sort out as it feels extremely rushed. I would not queue more than 15 minutes for this because although it is fun, it isn't amazing. The theming on the other hand is absolutely fantastic! As are the actors! Overall I give this 5/10. (And I feel sorry for the people queuing 75 minutes yesterday!!!)
Stan.H

I think that they should sort of the sound in there as if you're at the back of the group you can't easily here the actors and you can only here jungle sounds... Merlin have got Jungles theming great, just need sort out the sound or equip the actors with a microphone!!
Max

Was on park yesterday, Slammer was testing all day, seemed to be running fine, Colossus back on two trains. Fingers crossed that maybe we can get a full ride lineup at some point this year :P
Formerly known as NemesisNosh
2016 Ride Count: 888
Jack

Thorpe Park Mania are reporting that Slammer has opened for the first time this season today. Nothing on how it is running as of yet but I am hoping they have got it to run reliably this season. :)
CorkyForever

^It was testing a lot on Tuesday with the dummies. It did look like it might have got stuck at least once though because a staff member was harnessed up on the platform.
Most Recent Visit
sw7nutter

It still has its 2:30pm check up, as for its reliability it lasted just over an hour before it's first break down.
Stan.H

Going to TP for the 2nd time later this year, could you tell me if it's worth getting fastrack, how much and what does it include. Pricing of things (excl. admission as got premium AP) and how much the photopass is, and how many photos?! :)
Dom

It depends when your going as to if you will need fatsrack or not.
Stan.H

Late August & Fright Nights 2015, Is there scare maze fastrack? How long are the queues for Scare Mazes/zones and rides?? :D Also thinking about Summer Nights & Island Beats 2015!!
Last edited by lewis97 on Fri May 29, 2015 4:38 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: Merged double posts
Dan

Thorpe Park have today released the first details regarding their virtual queuing system "RESERVE N' RIDE". For those who are unaware RnR is a virtual queuing system which is designed to reduce the amount of time actually spent in queues for the parks top 5 rollercoasters (Colossus, Nemesis Inferno, SAW: The Ride, Stealth and The Swarm)

Reserve n' Ride will be operating on the following dates:

8th - 19th June 2015
30th June - 13th July 2015
3rd - 16th August 2015
23rd October - 1st November 2015.

Thorpe Park have also added a Fastrack option to RnR which will presumably be done via smartphone in a similar way to to choosing your time slot.

The biggest thing that jumps out at me is the final date range of RnR being during Fright Nights. Given the well documented negative feedback that RnR received last year I am very surprised to see them operate it during what will undoubtedly be one of their busiest weeks of the season.
Hazard

How does the RNR work with fast track? For example all day fast track.