Thorpe Park Resort

Engage with like-minded members and discuss the world of theme parks and attractions here.
Stan.H

If merlin are able to pull this off and if it's successful i'm sure Alton Towers Live would return in 2016/17...
sw7nutter

Why would it return to Alton if its successful at Thorpe. Seems illogical to me, just keep it at the place it makes money.
Stan.H

sw7nutter wrote:Why would it return to Alton if its successful at Thorpe. Seems illogical to me, just keep it at the place it makes money.
Don't know, but I loved ATR Live in 2013 and would love it to return, hopefully they could run a similar event at both TP & AT!!
Capt.Barnacles

Colossus is getting repainted it would seem :P I believe the grey is just a primer for another colour to go on top. Could we finally be seeing this returned to it's original full colour? :D

Source: https://www.facebook.com/Themeparkuk" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
Last edited by lewis97 on Thu May 14, 2015 8:42 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: Renamed after moving post
Morgan

I really hope so! It is more rusted than The Smiler
Capt.Barnacles

And that's saying something ;) :lol I agree though, I would like to see Colossus repainted because it does look quite aged, for something only 13 years old.
Luce

It is about time Colossus got a re-paint to be honest but surprised Thorpe are doing it now rather than in the closed season. Oh well, it'll look much nicer afterwards so that's a good thing :)
Dom

I will try and get some more photo's on Saturday. Hopefully they don't leave it Merlin Grey!
Morgan

Let's hope so, but Merlin being Merlin...
Stan.H

They will most likely next paint it during End Of Season 2015... Once again it's Merlin!
Dom

It's only the one piece of track that has been painted. It looks very strange
RollercoasterGEEK100

Considering Colossus is having problems with its trains does anyone think Thorpe will consider getting some new gen trains for it or would it be to much of a hassle for Thorpe?
sw7nutter

Too expensive and not enough benefit for doing it. I don't see it get new trains anytime soon. At this current moment in time I doubt a paint job as well.
Capt.Barnacles

Plus if it got new trains it'd only be the second time the trains were replaced :P
Ryan.B

I'd love to see it have the same colour scheme as rush (gold/blue) to fit in with the ridew such as samurai, Rush, vortex and quantum, it was originally similar but I'd love it if the paint was in a different shade of them colours, also I have sat in the back and it didn't seem rough at all, actually I my top 15
Ryan.B

Was a gravel pit before a theme park, parts of plane debris fell around 1973 when a plane crashed at Heathrow, my mum and grandma lived a short walk away, and my mum who was young at the time got thrown in a ditch around the park , and part of a plane on fire came down and landed on thorpe, also look how empty it used to look, found this online http://s740.photobucket.com/user/Thrill ... o.jpg.html" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
Ryan.B

Looks like it will be good for the park, no under 18s which I would've found disappointing, if they had acts I liked. Also does anybody know if the age restriction for this applies for summer nights on the days they share as I should hopefully be at Thorpe in summer?
lewis97
Admin
Admin

Ryan.B wrote:Looks like it will be good for the park, no under 18s which I would've found disappointing, if they had acts I liked. Also does anybody know if the age restriction for this applies for summer nights on the days they share as I should hopefully be at Thorpe in summer?
Where have you got no under 18s from? On their website, Thorpe Park just advise than under 16s are accompanied, so you may be getting confused with the Ministry of Sound nights.
MerlinFan

Wow - what a great find! So weird to see it looking like that. It looks tiny!
Ryan.B

Basically like the Alton Towers quick questions topic, but for Thorpe Park!

Ask any quick questions about thorpe park in this topic, but please try and answer the questions instead of turning it into a discussion over one question, like the general discussion topic

Feel free to ask any questions, I have one

EDIT: What days are summer nights on and how many are there (weeks of it)?