Flamingo Land

Engage with like-minded members and discuss the world of theme parks and attractions here.
Bolton Warrior

[quote=""Ash""]I guessed wood, but is it going to be something truely special?[/quote]
I cant imagine it being world beating due to a lack of funds, however if they go with one of the two names mentioned then I think they may just have the best woodie in the UK on there hands.
Quickey

I am really looking forward to this.

I have been told that the ride is set to open at the end of spring, so Thorpe will have that world steepest coaster record, and will be able to market it as that, even if it is just for a few months. :P

As for hints on 2010’s coaster, I will say it will be fast, and am I correct in saying it will be the first of its kind for the manufacturer making it?
Spike
Location: Curled up in Nemmies claws. Sound asleep and purring like a kitten.

[quote=""coastergraham""][quote=""Ash""]
So someone drop some hints on what to expect in 2010!?[/quote]
Wood you believe the hint though :wink:[/quote]

but you wood be wrong, check what rides have come off the market recently. :whistle:
MY HAND IS A DOLPHIN!!! >:O
*Honest Cint!*
kingcriplet

[quote=""Spike""][quote=""coastergraham""][quote=""Ash""]
So someone drop some hints on what to expect in 2010!?[/quote]
Wood you believe the hint though :wink:[/quote]

but you wood be wrong, check what rides have come off the market recently. :whistle:[/quote]

Show off :wink: :)
LiamSAFC

I just hope its not the possible outsiders that have came off the market to "unknown bidders". I wood rather be disappointed! They look pants! :(
Ash

What new rides from manufacturers?

Any manufacturers in particular?
Forbidden

Stop speaking in riddles. :( :lol:

Great move by Flamingo Land! :D
Chris W

Did Flamingoland plan on announcing the ride a day after SAW?
Kinda wrecks some of Thorpe's marketing campaign of the UK's steepest drop for next year.

I like the look of the El Loco coaster, it looks pretty smooth and pretty fun, suits Flamingoland really well. The supports may look a bit messy but the ride experience will hopefully make up for that.
Spike
Location: Curled up in Nemmies claws. Sound asleep and purring like a kitten.

[quote=""Disco Ball""]Did Flamingoland plan on announcing the ride a day after SAW?
Kinda wrecks some of Thorpe's marketing campaign of the UK's steepest drop for next year.
[/quote]

Well they haven't announced it tbf and I doubt very much Thorpe are going to hype up the drop, I think the Saw franchise will be getting the majority of the hype. :)
MY HAND IS A DOLPHIN!!! >:O
*Honest Cint!*
Khanage

The Ride will be the ‘beyond vertical’ drop of 100º from a height of 100ft, making it the steepest freefall drop in the world.
That's actually what they are saying so the "worlds" steepest freefall drop. What is El Loco's?
Thanks to Adzy for the sig & av.

Ollie

Hurrah!

After seeing Steel Hawg at Indiana Beach, this looks to be an excellent move by Flamingoland.

Will have to get back up there next Year to ride this!
AstroDan

They look like a more flowy Gerstlauer Eurofighter, without the ugly lift/drop.

:D
Rob L

This should be a great move by Flamingo Lans, S&S El Locos look like they're good coasters. Hopefully something will be done about the supports as they don't look great, if it's themed quite well then people may not notice the supports as much.

I've not been to Flamingo Land for ages now, it's going to look a lot different when I next go.

:D

Khanage

I've never been! Which is a shame because it looks great and this new addition will be a great addition by the looks of things. It's just such a long way for me to travel! Oh well maybe a trip to Scarborough at the same time will be in order!
Thanks to Adzy for the sig & av.

Chris W

[quote=""rawandpeace""]
The Ride will be the ‘beyond vertical’ drop of 100º from a height of 100ft, making it the steepest freefall drop in the world.
That's actually what they are saying so the "worlds" steepest freefall drop. What is El Loco's?[/quote]

According to CoasterForce the drop will be 125º
Pierre

Steel Hawgs is 120 degrees but it has trims at the top... making it not so freefall...

You can see the trims creeping over the top on this picture

[url=http://www.rcdb.com/ig2722.htm?picture=7" target="_blank]http://www.rcdb.com/ig2722.htm?picture=7[/url]

Duno if FL's El Loco will have them too or not, but Thorpe are clutching at straws with it if you ask me by adding the term freefall, quite clever all the same though.
evil cod

Hates to be the engineer to point it out but a steeper drop isnt possible, 90 degrees is the steepest you can get [-X
AstroDan

[quote=""evil cod""]Hates to be the engineer to point it out but a steeper drop isnt possible, 90 degrees is the steepest you can get [-X[/quote]

I was going to say this... at the end of the day, over 90 degrees and you're going back on yourself... so in reality, Stealth and Oblivion will still offer steeper drops than Saw, El Loco, Speed, Rage etc.
Nathan

Oh. My. God.

After the truly awful name of Flip Flop last year...

Flamingo Land have named this world record coaster, "Mumbo Jumbo".

:lol: :lol: :lol:
LiamSAFC

Christ.

How the hell does that fit into Seaside Adventure, unless they are having a retheme?