Quick Questions 2010

General discussion regarding the UK's No.1 Theme Park. Talk about anything and everything Alton Towers here.
cmpunk771

Well Rita front row hurts quite a bit! Its surprising how much water hurts when you hit it at speed, Air is Ok but i remember Oblivion hurting a bit.

Its a different experience but it really hurt on rita so i didnt enjoy it as much
davewazere

Can you hire a wheelchair from Guest Services? Its so my girlfriend doesnt have to walk all day, shes lazy like that.

or heavily pregnant as she likes to call it ha ha
[url=http://"http://ridesims.com/users/875-big-dave/"]Image[/url]
TheOneWho

[quote=""oblivionadict95""]2) Because I've got an annual pass, is it best to do Rita before 10:00, then Th13teen, or just to wait for Th13teen until it's queues open at 10:00? Because for Rita, and other certain rides, the queue opens early for advance ticket holders and annual passes. [/quote]

Rita isn't available for Early Ride Time, as far as I am aware. The list is around somewhere, but Rita isn't on it. It may open slightly earlier than 10am, but I don't think that is guaranteed in any way.
Airtime

Hey guys :)

Wondering about the merlin annual pass, and it says the purchaser needs to be 18 years or older on the website. Bit of a stupid question but is this true? Becuase I was going to pick one up on my next trip to AT but I'm 15 and I was going with a group or friends, that means I can't get one without getting family or someone 18 or over to get me one? OR could I get around this problem by buying one online and picking it up at Alton?
Yeezus just rose again!
danny13

[quote=""Airtime""]Hey guys :)

Wondering about the merlin annual pass, and it says the purchaser needs to be 18 years or older on the website. Bit of a stupid question but is this true? Becuase I was going to pick one up on my next trip to AT but I'm 15 and I was going with a group or friends, that means I can't get one without getting family or someone 18 or over to get me one? OR could I get around this problem by buying one online and picking it up at Alton?[/quote]

I was asking the same question at the start of the season. However, nobody really seemed to know and I risked it. I was fine. They need your D.O.B but it doesn't stop you from buying one. I would imagine under 12's need an adult. Alton Towers is a business, if you offer them money then they will take it :D

Hope that helps,
SIMR

Just to elaborate on my last question (which hasn't been answered :evil: ), are single fastracks available for Th13teen yet? I read somewhere on this site they would be available at the end of May...?
Oh, and does a Fastrack Ultimate entitle you to use it on Th13teen, or is that only Platinum?
Airtime

^Sorry to ignore your question but I don't know, sorry.

Thanks for the help Danny :)

So for the merlin annual pass its just a case of saying your date of birth no ID required or anything? (I realise this question is in the wrong section but its not miles out, sorry)
Yeezus just rose again!
elmerfudd

No, not yet. Just single rider and main queue for thirteen.
samlawson543

Hi guys firstly i am new to this forum so hiya, i have used the website many times to get information for alton towers and its a great site. i am pretty into theme parks been to the majority of them in uk and lots abroad including events like halloween horror nights and fright nights ext..

Anyways my question.

I havnt been to alton towers for the past year and a half and im going tommorow 31st of may this is a bank holiday i wish it wasnt but doesnt matter going with a big group of people so should have a good time no matter the waits are, we are wondering.

What will the queue times be like for the major rides such as air/oblivion/nemisis/thirteen.?

What time is peak time in the park (highest time queues)?

What time should we get to the park we are thinking being there for 9am as tickets go on sale at 9:30am.?

Cheers we know it going to be mega busy but how busy?

Sorry for spelling btw.
elmerfudd

Firstly, welcome Sam =D
I am not one of the biggest experts on here but I hope this can help.

Peak times at the park range. It has been recognised that 'Dark Forest' and 'Forbidden Valley' are always busy. When I went in the easter holidays, the queue time for thirteen said about 30mins, when the actual queue was about 2 hours. The best time to get the rides when they are 'dead' is around Lunchtime, or just towards the end of the day, around 4pm+
X-sector is pretty much dead as soon as the park opens, but what I would recommend is head over to Forbidden valley first, walk on nemesis and air, and then work your way round clockwise.

I would recommend booking online so when you get the tickets deliverd you dont have to queue up, but since your going tomorrow that is kind of out of the question, but I would recommend doing that in future =)
Obviously, the earlier you get there the better it will be, as the monorail operates from like 8.30am or something, so if you get there as early as possible you can just hop on the monorail and get your tickets.
NOTE - If it looks busy, I would recommend Fast-track. There are a number of different fast-track options available. I have left a link for you:
[url=http://www.altontowers.com/plan-your-visit/fast-track/" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;]http://www.altontowers.com/plan-your-visit/fast-track/[/url]

In conclusion, you may be quite lucky in terms of queues, but it is a bank holiday, so expect the worst. I would estimate queue times for Thirteen and Rita to be around the 90 mins mark.
samlawson543

Hi elmerfudd thanks so much for all that information and help i have looked into the fastracks and as we are all broke students we cannot afford that lol.

But from all that ill defiantly talk to the group and make sure we have our lunch later after everyone else and hit nemesis and air first moving onto thirteen later on in the day.

Thanks for the help advice ill defintly be posting a small review of the park/queue and everything else on tuesday cheers.
joshc807

Hi Sam,

Last time i went to Alton Towers was Last bank holiday and when i went, Oblivion had a zero minute queue all day, and i walked straight on Nemesis twice however i dont know whether it might be different
NickT04

That webpage for Adrenalin Week is for last year's event.

Can you get coffee/tea in Pizza & Pasta or just the fizzy stuff?
Coke

You can get coffee/tea/hot chocolate. Just ask staff when you pay, you will not get refills on these however.

Are you thirsty?
Elliot

Hi, I'm visiting the Towers on Wednesday and Thursday and I got a few questions.

• Roughly what will queue times be?

• Is it worth eating at Woodcutters?

• As it's meant to be quite hot, will all the water rides still open at 11?

• Is Th13teen filling up fully now?

Thanks
Coke

1) It's half term so the queues will be long, but if you plan your day right, you should be able to get the shortest queues possible.

2) Woodcutters has nice food, but it's more on the expensive side. Also it's worth noting the menu has changed since it was Chicken & Ribs.

3) Battle Galleons will open between 10 and 11. Flume & Rapids will open at about 11:00.

4) Not quite sure what you mean?

Are you thirsty?
SIMR

Elliot, queue times yesterday weren't too bad. Air was an hour all day, Nemmie 30 mins, Oblivion walk on after 2, Rita 1hour-30 mins, Th13teen 45 mins beginning of day, only 10 mins at half 5. Th13teen was running great yesterday; first time I'd seen Tesla in action and it went off as soon as I stepped in the station, gave me a right scare. All trains were running on full capacity, didn't break down all day either! :)
Elliot

Thanks, +Repo for both of you :)
onair

The Pink concert and annual passes ? Are they valid for general park entrance on this day.

We have tickets for the concert and also annual passes, we did not bother with the combo concert ticket at time of purchasing the concert ticket. Anyone know if we enter with our passes as norm during the day then enter the arena later with our concert only tickets ? Will the £5 entry be on will passes during the day ? Any info would be great thanks in advance...
cmpunk771

The annual pass is Valid for the day but for the record the Park is going to be Heaving that day