Downtime 2015

What rides and attractions do you miss? Share your memories of Alton Towers' extensive past here.
Balb0wa

sub terra still closed, hmmmm
Morgan

There are around five staff members around it.
Air15

I think Sub Terra is suffering with technical problems or just having a clean up. I've been chatting to members of staff today and they have said there will be more info released on Monday to see if the ride will be open.
Stan.H

Sub-Terra still closed today... What is going on.... :-k
Stan.H

I'd imagine Smiler will be closed for a while until they sort what happened out.
Ryan.B

The whole theme park is closed until further notice, x sector will be closed for quite a long time I would imagine.
Adam.W

tbh I'd reckon that after stuff is cleaned up on the smiler, and investigations have begun, most of x sector will be open, but the smiler obviously closed.
Wedjie

Looks like Sub Terra isn't having a great time!

The Towers have said it "should be reopening this season"...

For them to only be ale to say 'should' be fixed over a 5 month period, i'm guessing it's more than a fuse that needs changing...
Wedjie

Wedjie wrote:Looks like Sub Terra isn't having a great time!

The Towers have said it "should be reopening this season"...

For them to only be ale to say 'should' be fixed over a 5 month period, i'm guessing it's more than a fuse that needs changing...
EDIT: They are now saying it is closed for a "design update"...interesting.
Aidan Lowe

In the wake of the incident on Tuesday its no surprise the media is jumping onto their high horse and reporting a technical problem with Th13teen today [-(

It doesn't help the guests they quoted weren't exactly helping matters. You go to a theme park knowing an incident has happened then claim you won't ride it because it has downtime. Give me a wet fish to slap these people please.

http://www.mirror.co.uk/news/uk-news/al ... ms-5847745" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
Formerly known under username Andy Mc
Morgan

Oh come on, that's just ridiculous...
Stan.H

Nemesis S-T still closed.... Should hurry up as 2 other 'thrill' rides (excl. Smiler) are closed on top of this!
Wedjie

Emporium wrote:Nemesis S-T still closed.... Should hurry up as 2 other 'thrill' rides (excl. Smiler) are closed on top of this!
Will be interesting to find out what they're doing in there - closed for two weeks I'm guessing it's more than a paint job!

Wonder why they've decided to do it mid-season too.
ROYJESS

I was on park today. Very quiet, most rides were walk-ons. There was no ERT, but got a couple of return tickets. The rear seats (row 10) of Thirteen cars were completely out of bounds all day.

I got told by one of the member of staff that Nemesis Sub Terra has had it repairs done from a couple of weeks ago, the current issues is completely separate issue from the previous fault, it is going to be an upgrade to the ride inline with regards to the current safety issues upgrades around the park.
Wedjie

Towers really not having a good day today!

Spinball, Oblivion, Nemesis ST, Mine Train, Octanauts and Th13teen ALL closed.
dantheman

Thirteen is back open and so is Mine train. Octanauts is still closed for some reason. Looks like the park is pretty busy today though, with air currently having a 75min queue, Nemesis with 50 min and thirteen with 45min. Compared to the last few days its pretty busy!
Aidan Lowe

Octonauts was closed all day not sure why.

Rita closed around 2:15pm as a swarm of wasps descended down upon people. It was a clear sky and you know when you get a lone cloud going in front of the sun and you get that shade, it was like that, there was thousands of the things.

I was just walking into DF when I saw them come from around sky ride and over the queues until they took up residence around the first large airtime hill. They weren't budging so the ride queues were evacuated and the ride closed, think it remained closed until 5pm.

Ripsaw guests were stranded for 10-15 minutes as it just ceased operation out of nowhere. http://oi57.tinypic.com/2gso1a1.jpg" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
Formerly known under username Andy Mc
Danny

Ripsaw is still closed and Alton are not commenting on whether it'll be reopen on Tuesday or Wednesday, does anyone know what's up? I thought it was okay when the people were evac'd?
Adam.W

Looks like all rides are suffering downtime :(
Adam.W

NST is closed as they are having a 'design update'. 'Nemesis Sub-Terra is currently undergoing design alterations'. Source: AT Twitter