Towers Loving Care

General discussion regarding the UK's No.1 Theme Park. Talk about anything and everything Alton Towers here.
S.J_O'Grady

If SW8 is going to be in Katanga canyon then I really hope they spend some time enhancing the area.
Life is a roller coaster. You can either scream every time you hit a bump or you can throw your hands up in the air and enjoy it.
TheDuke

Katanga is already very well themed so I'll look forward to what they can do
TheDuke

Looks like hex's sign is getting a repaint

" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
MakoMania

Something I had overlooked until now, but I realised 25th March will not be the first date Hex is open this year. It will open earlier starting on 12th March for services day. Sorry if that's really obvious but I never thought of it!
SeaWorld has rescued over 35,000 animals in need![/i]
Dan

MakoMania wrote:Something I had overlooked until now, but I realised 25th March will not be the first date Hex is open this year. It will open earlier starting on 12th March for services day. Sorry if that's really obvious but I never thought of it!
Has it been confirmed anywhere that Hex will be open for the Services Day? As far as I was aware Hex won't be open until the main season starts, much like The Smiler wasn't open for Services Day last year.
MakoMania

Dan wrote:
MakoMania wrote:Something I had overlooked until now, but I realised 25th March will not be the first date Hex is open this year. It will open earlier starting on 12th March for services day. Sorry if that's really obvious but I never thought of it!
Has it been confirmed anywhere that Hex will be open for the Services Day? As far as I was aware Hex won't be open until the main season starts, much like The Smiler wasn't open for Services Day last year.
They confirmed on twitter today that Hex will be open for services day :)
SeaWorld has rescued over 35,000 animals in need![/i]
Dan

MakoMania wrote:
Dan wrote:
They confirmed on twitter today that Hex will be open for services day :)
Fair enough, I stand corrected :lol
Tom

It's great to see that they are actually making some effort to spruce up the Hex signage, it was certainly getting quite faded before being taken down.
Dom

We're doing finishing touches before the reopening of Hex - The Legend of the Towers! The countdown is on....
Dan

That looks awesome!

Can't wait to get back on Hex, it's been too long.
OhShambhala

Looks like there's some new projections in the waiting area before the pre-show :lol. Looking forward to getting back on this soon, It's one of my favourites at Towers!
Airtime Machine, Shambhala!
TheDuke

I've said it before but I cant wait to see the changes no matter how subtle the are, frankly new tvs would get me excited
Nickolai

Wow I like the lighting
Formally Smiler313
Justin

Towers Loving Care wrote: Refurbished Hex signage, each 8metre high sign has been stripped back to plain metal & carefully repainted, taking 250 hours to complete.
Nickolai

I love the new signs! They look so vibrant and vivid. It would be nice if we could see some before and after images however! :D

EDIT: I have looked at some before images and you can see small but nice differences. For instance the white glow around the Towers as well as the depth of render in the building. My favourite change is the sky however because
the clouds are a lot more blended with the sky and the moon more hidden behind the clouds which I like as it adds more realism. The white glow around the towers helps to show the back light produced from the moon too! :lol
Formally Smiler313
TheDuke

They've done a fine job, is there any word on new sound effects for hex?
Luce

Love the updates of the Hex refurb and like others, can't wait to get back on it as it is one of my favourite things at AT :)
Aidan Lowe

Formerly known under username Andy Mc
TheDuke

The towers have also made a before and after, can't wait to see the whole thing in person.
][url=https://twitter.com/AltonTLC]Towers Loving Care[/url] wrote:For those who enjoy a good before and after photo on a Sunday morning....

Thanks to Justin for showing me how to fix this up
Last edited by TheDuke on Sun Mar 05, 2017 9:09 am, edited 5 times in total.
Justin

As above...
Towers Loving Care wrote:For those who enjoy a good before and after photo on a Sunday morning....
TheDuke wrote:The towes have also made a before and after, can't wait to see the insides myself
" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

Also how does one get the images from a link to show up in the post
You need the image URL and tags on the forum. Press quote to look at the script, as this will help :)