Downtime 2015

What rides and attractions do you miss? Share your memories of Alton Towers' extensive past here.
definedancing

thedeckking wrote:I'm at the park now and Enterprise has just gone down and the ride op is saying it's a major issue and might be the end of the ride. He also suggested ripsaw would be moving into the area to fill the gap from submission. Other rumours going round the staff are that Spinball will go soon with cbeebies expanding into the gap.
Oh dear, the op telling you that is a bit dodgy :O

Rumours are exactly that though; rumours. The Spinball moving to expand CBeebies rumour has been circulating for like two years already, as has the Ripsaw one. Take things with a pinch of salt and remember that nothing in this park is certain until it happens.
MakoMania

Alton Towers has confirmed on Twitter that Enterprise is not operating at present.
SeaWorld has rescued over 35,000 animals in need![/i]
Sr88

If Enterprise goes too, it could open up space for a pretty large ride covering the space of both Submission and Enterprise.
Morgan

I see it now- "The world's first curved disko" :lol
Ryan.B

The rides over 30 now, it's going to go soon surely, by the time SW8 comes around they will be no thrill flats under 20. Enterprise has outlived it's lifespan by around 20 years :lol every time I've been since my first ride in 2006 it has never had more than an five minute queue apart from the bank holiday a couple of weeks back, when it must have been over 20 minutes, was going in the extended queue under the little tunnel/building, and a full cycle load/ride/unloading takes around 5 minutes, if someone that works on it thinks it's a major problem and it's been shut for a long time, it could very well be the end of enterprise, oh well. The best thing about it is it fits perfectly next to oblivion. :lol
lewis97
Admin
Admin

Enterprise was overhauled ahead of the 2013 season. If they can avoid it, it won't be going anywhere.
Ryan.B

Submission was refurbished or something as well and that went, no one really knows.
Stan.H

Th13teen seemed to have more technical issues again today... Any news on that?
Zachary

Probably just me with this problem, but ridetimes isn't working for some reason. It just shows some adverts.
Morgan

It's not working for me either- can that be credited as downtime?
Dan

Morgan wrote:It's not working for me either- can that be credited as downtime?
It's working fine for me.
Morgan

Maybe it's against Google Chrome?
Zachary

I'm just seeing this http://grab.by/HyKE

EDIT: Looks like a domain parking page to me - Meaning alton hasn't renewed the domain name.
Alex

The domain expired on 21st May but the registrar is "Norma Ava" which isnt the usual Merlin one as they usually use netnames.
Sentri558

1 hour and 7 minutes from last post and it's working fine for me. Same with phone app.
Zachary

Sentri558 wrote:1 hour and 7 minutes from last post and it's working fine for me. Same with phone app.
Your DNS probably hasn't updated for that site yet. It will stop working for you shortly.
Stan.H

Nemesis Sub-Terra & Enterprise was down yesterday!!
Stan.H

Also according to ridetimes.co.uk Mr. Blooms Allotment isn't open!!
MakoMania

What's wrong with Sub-Terra? Its been down the past two days!?!?!?!
SeaWorld has rescued over 35,000 animals in need![/i]
Stan.H

Don't know, when I was there yesterday the workers guarding the entrance said technical difficulties... Everything was closed up and we could see a few workers cleaning up the queue line and we could hear a hoover coming from inside!! Maybe an update? Or just difficulties!!