The Smiler - Construction Discussion

Smile always. New for 2013.
owenjohn

vinyljunkie wrote: could it be that we get a twisty lift hill?
Highly unlikley all the parts seen so far for the lifts show they will be standard chain lifts, which would make it pretty difficult for the lift to twist.

I have been thinking about the section of track before first lift hill and after the inside barrel roll. Maybe they will use an illusion using led panels wrapped around the track , it could diplay a yellow swirl that make you feel like your inverting?
TheSmiler1998

owenjohn wrote:
Highly unlikley all the parts seen so far for the lifts show they will be standard chain lifts, which would make it pretty difficult for the lift to twist.

I have been thinking about the section of track before first lift hill and after the inside barrel roll. Maybe they will use an illusion using led panels wrapped around the track , it could diplay a yellow swirl that make you feel like your inverting?
I like the paint idea but there's no need to think outside the box with the reason for no spiral lift hill. The truth of the matter is that it wouldn't add anything to the ride. Yes I may be a world first but that would be because no other park thought it was worth while. I don't see spinning at less than 10 mph being that much of an exciting feature tbh. And the lift hill would chain would get all tangled  :D
@LukeSavidge1998 I follow back so hit follow button! #getcorrect #excited
We know what we are, we know what we are! Erm.... Europa League winners we know what we are! Doesn't have the same ring to it does it?
Altitude

I'm still going with the idea of the Conditioning Chamber before the first lift. Without that, the effects on the Marmaliser will be useless...
TheSmiler1998

What do you mean by a conditioning chamber? Sounds cool btw
We know what we are, we know what we are! Erm.... Europa League winners we know what we are! Doesn't have the same ring to it does it?
SmilingMonkey

Rollercoasters4Life wrote:
SmilingMonkey wrote: 2) Can anyone tell me whether its standard to leave lift hills to last or whether AT may be holding something back by not including them yet? I'm not speculating as to a world first, just curious if this is a common construction technique?
On most rollercoasters the lift hill is one of the first things to go up after the station, although there is times when that isn't the case. The reason in this instance I personally believe is they are doing the lifts/drops last because of access on the site. I believe they will use the access road to the top of the site and from that area (next to the toilet block) will put the crane and lift the first drop, vertical lift, final bend, second drop then first lift hill in that exact order.

It could also be because there is something 'special' about the lifts although I don't believe this to be the case - we will soon find out within the next few days/within a week.
Thank you, this makes sense!
Agree with most other forum members on this one, there would be no real point to it.

Last night I was thinking about the fact it's got the most inversions in the world, and this is world beating - fact. Having said this, there is definitely a SE, JW has never lied to us! I don't see AT going with 'the most inversions in the world' as a tag line as I doubt, outside of the enthusiast community, many would know what they meant. It's not like colossus when they could say 'ten looping'.

I have a feeling the SE will not be track related, whatsoever, as there has been a real hang up by AT and JW to promote it as a terrifying, psychological ride. JW also said that you won't find out 'until you ride the ride' this suggests it won't be a visible SE - if that makes sense, and possibly not a physical one either.

Note: I know this is partly speculation, but I believe it also relates to construction on the basis of track layout.
Alton Towers, Animal Kingdom (WDW), Blizard Beach (WDW), Chessington World of Adventures, Epcot (WDW), Hollywood Studios (WDW), Legoland, Magic Kingdom (WDW), PortAventura, Seaworld (Orlando), Thorpe Park, Typhoon Lagoon (WDW), Universal Studios and Universal Islands of Adventure
Ripsaw Raver

i am on site on Monday so ill try and get lots a piccys hopefully by then we will have the start of something, the only way i see a potencial spiral lift is if its a launch lift like hulk with friction wheeks into some kind of spiral, but im not sure how plausable the space is
CHECK OUT MY FLICKR PHOTOSTREAM
http://www.flickr.com/photos/djthorpeimages/

Why is Nemesis Inferno really Inferior
MitchHawker Steel CoasterPoll 2012
Nemesis at #12
Nemesis Inferno at#123
Danscott22

Everyone the dive loop and The Flasher have been completed, as well as station walls have been fitted too!:)
Owen

Danscott22 wrote: Everyone the dive loop and The Flasher have been completed, as well as station walls have been fitted too!:)
Yay
Pics?
King Nemesis

Via T2G
Danscott22

King Nemesis wrote: Image

Via T2G
Yep that's them!:) i will try to put some on as T2G put them on, as I know the person that runs it, so he won't mind, but I'm not sure how?:L
PhNx Survivor

The flasher still requires a board with the word 'FLASHER' on it, and the lights, they'll install them soon I hope, but its looks good now, hopefully this could now mean the first drop can be constructed :D

EDIT: although, what is the other crane lifting?? o_O
“A surprise to be sure, but a welcome one”
JonoD

It's brilliant to see the Marmaliser slowly coming to life :D

It looks like the actual light cans are going to be added later, but those cables give us a near enough completed look, and I'm loving it!
Danscott22

PhNx Survivor wrote: The flasher still requires a board with the word 'FLASHER' on it, and the lights, they'll install them soon I hope, but its looks good now, hopefully this could now mean the first drop can be constructed :D

I forgot about that, I think the other crane is lifting another piece of track? We will just have to sit tight and wait for more updates
PhNx Survivor

Danscott22 wrote:
PhNx Survivor wrote: The flasher still requires a board with the word 'FLASHER' on it, and the lights, they'll install them soon I hope, but its looks good now, hopefully this could now mean the first drop can be constructed :D

I forgot about that, I think the other crane is lifting another piece of track? We will just have to sit tight and wait for more updates

Possibly for the second drop after the vertical lift, the support is there already... Ohh its getting interesting now! :D
“A surprise to be sure, but a welcome one”
JammyBand

The marmaliser is starting to look great now with all the cables and joints! I can't wait for it to be finished!
SwEDEN

What track needs to be fitted before we see the erection of the final two legs of the marmaliser?
JonoD

SwEDEN wrote: What track needs to be fitted before we see the erection of the final two legs of the marmaliser?
The only track the last two legs of the marmaliser bridge over is the airtime hill heading towards the cobra roll, coming from the exit of the sea serpent (that sounds VERY odd out of roller coaster context). Once that's in, I imagine that's when we'll see the last two legs be installed.
TheSmiler1998

You've got a good shout there. I doubt they'd but the legs in until the track it would restrict is fitted. I'm just imagining a cranes and lorries trapped in the marmaliser! Lol  :D
Ar128

It's getting exciting now! I have a feeling a lot will happen today!!!
Smile!!
mac359

NINJAwarrior360 wrote: Is anyone at Alton Towers today, pictures!!
Towers 2 go are  8)