2013 Scarefest

General discussion regarding the UK's No.1 Theme Park. Talk about anything and everything Alton Towers here.

which scaremaze had the longest queue times

zombies scarezone
No votes
the sanctuary
8%
terror of the towers
17%
the carnival of screams
67%
none( refer to below)
8%

Total votes: 12
Liam B

KoasterKraver wrote: They could possibly add lighting within the smiler indoor section
http://i42.tinypic.com/b63vcm.png
There already is lighting inside
ThrillJunkie

ladyofthelake wrote:
ThrillJunkie wrote: Quick question. Are there any BOGOF offers valid during Scarefest or is the cheapest option to book online?

Would love to visit this year as I haven't been to Scarefest for a good few years.
BOGOF are valid during Scarefest for park entry. You would all have to pay the additional cost for the mazes though.

Hope that helps :)
Thanks for your reply.

Do you know which offers are valid?
I was going to use the Coke Zone offer but noticed in the small print it notes

"Valid from 16th March - 7th November excluding 29th March - 14th April, 24th May - 1st June, 15th June, 20th July - 1st September, 19th Oct - 3rd November and all Saturdays throughout the valid dates."

Not valid for Scarefest  :(
ThrillJunkieUK
KoasterKraver

During scarefest does anybody know, will they use extra smoke effects on the smiler. I am asking this because the smiler doesn't usually have smoke effects in the indoor section. Occasionally they do you use the smoke in the indoor bit.
Liam B

KoasterKraver wrote: During scarefest does anybody know, will they use extra smoke effects on the smiler. I am asking this because the smiler doesn't usually have smoke effects in the indoor section. Occasionally they do you use the smoke in the indoor bit.
Nobody knows as there has not been a scarefest with the smiler yet. All will be revealed in about 20 days.
Chaz

Quick question guys:

The Scarefest freedom ticket (whole event). Is it like an Annual Pass thing (has your picture on) and does it include unlimited fasttrack for CoS? I only ask as I can't see it mentioned on the website but once you go to book (and read the little t&cs) it says fasttrack is only available on CoS.

I am visiting for 2 days (want to do mazes both days = 2x £16) but if I end up paying for fasttrack for carnival too it'll be cheaper to get the freedom ticket.

Cheers.
1ne, 2wo, 3hree, 4our, 5ive, 6ix, se7en, ei8ht, 9ine, t10n, e11even, tw12ve, th13teen

www.facebook.com/charliemarsh7
Liam B

Chaz wrote: Quick question guys:

The Scarefest freedom ticket (whole event). Is it like an Annual Pass thing (has your picture on) and does it include unlimited fasttrack for CoS? I only ask as I can't see it mentioned on the website but once you go to book (and read the little t&cs) it says fasttrack is only available on CoS.

I am visiting for 2 days (want to do mazes both days = 2x £16) but if I end up paying for fasttrack for carnival too it'll be cheaper to get the freedom ticket.

Cheers.
Yep I'm pretty sure it wad mentioned that fast track was unlimited
Liam B

Towersnerd are doing thorpepark live today!

http://live.thorpenerd.com/

It's looking pretty good! Think it may just be the winner this year. Unless Alton really have put in a lot of effort this year!
magicman85

Will there be a new scarefest map this year?
Liam B

magicman85 wrote: Will there be a new scarefest map this year?
yes? there always has been.
magicman85

hambletwins wrote:
magicman85 wrote: Will there be a new scarefest map this year?
yes? there always has been.
Will be available to view online soon, just had it confirmed on there official facebook page.
beanz32101

hi guys. this time last year werent there lots of photo updates on here by now? would love to see what standard of decorations they are putting up for this year, does anyone think we may see coloured lights instead of floodlit?

hope they dont just use floodlights for the smiler
Count-Vonduel

I was just wondering the same thing and is there any updates on CoS's location yet?
I was going to have a pic of Hobs Pit but I forgot how to make pics show up :(
Lee

It's definitely in the goal striker tent. I took these on Saturday.

Last edited by Lee on Tue Oct 08, 2013 12:52 pm, edited 1 time in total.
RobStandley

The thing that guy's stood on is a storage container which they've pretty much attached to the goal striker building, in terms of lighting, the usual flood's have been put in place along the bottom of the Towers themselves. There hasn't been any work on The Smiler in terms of lighting and I firmly believe they'll just keep running the LED Screens in and around the queue area to light it up. As mentioned theres a few string lights gone up in the scaffolding tunnel thing by Th13teen and Rita. Didn't notice much else when I was there Sunday, will give you another update after i've been this Sunday!
Liam B

curious. Was that add on to the goal striker there last year? It did feel ridiculously big inside there so that would make sense haha.
jacob.whittall.7

What are the queues like at the half term break, in know they are long but roughly how long? And would I be able to get most things done in one day?
magicman85

jacob.whittall.7 wrote: What are the queues like at the half term break, in know they are long but roughly how long? And would I be able to get most things done in one day?
Its always busier during half term week and yes can get pretty busy. You should be ok getting on all the rides as its a long day. Also do COS when it opens otherwise you will be in the que for hours.
jacob.whittall.7

And also do you it will be less busy at fireworks? (Sorry a bit of topic :L)
liverlad121

Hi im planning on coming on 28th Oct mid week and was wondering how busy it gets please :-)
Kirsty25

liverlad121 wrote: Hi im planning on coming on 28th Oct mid week and was wondering how busy it gets please :-)
It's also the middle of school holidays week so I would say busy!