Cloud Cuckoo Land Skyride Station Fire

General discussion regarding the UK's No.1 Theme Park. Talk about anything and everything Alton Towers here.
Nightfall

Simple question:
Are they the old parts or the replacements?
[align=center]Image[/align]
Rob L

[quote=""Nightfall""]Simple question:
Are they the old parts or the replacements?[/quote]
They definitely look like the old parts to me, if only because "Talbot End" has been marked on in some place. The parts do also look rather old themselves!

Big Dave

They are probably awaiting structual testing by these guys LTC
Squiggles

I believe its rather standard that these bits of the Skyride appear in the car parks during the closed season. Pretty certain I've seen them out there before.
Edwardo..... move me!
Bote

[quote=""Rob""][quote=""Nightfall""]Simple question:
Are they the old parts or the replacements?[/quote]
They definitely look like the old parts to me, if only because "Talbot End" has been marked on in some place. The parts do also look rather old themselves![/quote]

Could they be spare parts that have been left over from previous Sky Ride improvements, updates ect?
NickT04

When I first saw them I said to my mate "What they done to the rest of the tank?" THen I realised what they were :P
Alton Buzz

This week, the Skyride station was granted planning permission with conditions. Not sure what the conditions are though.
Where the magic never ends.
Dormiens-Dave

I noticed that too, i wouldn't worry to much about the conditions, Alton Towers don't get anything approved without conditions probably due to the proximity of everything it builds to a listed building or garden.

The conditions will either be something along the lines of toning down certain colour schemes or it may be to do some work on the towers ruins.

Good news though
neonlights

so is it likely that it will all be complete by opening day or do we all have to don our walking shoes lol
Last edited by neonlights on Sun Jan 10, 2010 7:28 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Craig

You'll often find conditions are simply to submit samples of the building materials before commencing building that's all. I wouldn't worry too much!

As for it opening in time for February, gut feeling is no. Especially considering the route it takes over the top of Ug Land/Thirteen.
A5H

Perhaps the conditions are to rebuild the Station without Vending Machines, Lights and any other Electrics apart from the actual Ride itself :P :P
neonlights

also thinking about it the recent weather will not help its progress, but lets hope they are all set to start as soon as the waether breaks :D
Wes

[url=http://www.altontowersheritage.com/publ ... visual.pdf" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;]http://www.altontowersheritage.com/publ ... visual.pdf[/url]

New Station Plans.
neonlights

I like the new colours, its a bit more upmarket than the old dated one. Perhaps a sign of things to come, well until they get bored with the place anyway.
jomo1993

I really like then new colour scheme, i just hope it doesnt look to tacky, and i really hope they keep the signs (or make some new ones) which had like pictures of airships and hot air balloons on them, (although the cabins dont look in the slightest like a hot air balloon.)
MIND THE DOORS PLEASE

MIND THE DOORS
ATR09

Just a little update. Work on this has finally started after the recent weather. The station walls are now in place, roof is just about to be installed. Poma should be on site in a week or so to get the ride structure and systems spruced up. So all is looking good for a March re-opening. :)
Vik

Thanks for the info. I suspected things may not be ready for March, but given how quickly a new building can be thrown up these days, my doubts were probably unfounded.

Am looking forward to seeing the Skyride back in operation. Even though I don't mind walking, it all looks so much better with the new Gondolas, and as such, is a pleasure to take a spin on it.
Sent from my ZX81 via Time Travel

AstroDan

Great news! I for one cannot wait to have the Skyride back. It's SO handy. Otherwise, Forbidden Valley to Dark Forest/Cloud Cuckoo Land or vice versa seems like such a chore!

:D
Islander

Already :shock:? Wow :D I desperately wanted to ride this when I last visited, and since the fire wondered whether I ever would... great news!

I really hope they install some kind of fire suppression system... 8-[
ATR09

Little update. Between the 8th and 12th of Feb, the Skyride line between Cloud Cuckoo Land and Main Drive station in the Valley, will be replaced.

So looks like it should be back up and running by March. :)