Duel-New Effects ?

Got an idea of how the Alton Towers Resort may develop over the coming seasons? Discuss it here.
Anonymous

It's moved further down...instead of being before the little corridor taking you to the shop...its after....sorta at the back of the shop.

Where it used to be is looking sort of empty and lonely...it's screaming out for something to be done, even if it's just a bit of theming - a final scare or something!!

:twisted: :P
Nemesis_140

right i am going to sound really stupid and dumb saying this but....
WOW has duel got new music?!?
and
does anyone have it lol
:D :lol: :D :lol:
Jimbob

Its still the same! As i now went on Sunday and it was still the great tune it has been sinceits been open
Anonymous

The Duel On-Ride Music (the good version which isn't on TT) is now on 100% AT along with Henry Hound's Parade music.

I don't think the Duel music's changed. Maybe you heard a different version? There are lots of mixes!

Falcon... :D
Anonymous

wot zombies were used in duel? can you give me a couple of links.I was to busy looking at the lights! :!:
doom+sons1988

There is only two versions of Duel music inside. The Finale with the zombies has a more of a emphasis on bells is more dramatic.

The previous location of the photo collection point is dying out for a extra scare or maybe they could put the dragon's head up high as a trophy. It's probably still in Alton Towers.

Better still maybe a other video showing the zombies retreating back to the graves and the news broadcasts changing from "Unspeakable horror" to "Safe at last". Sounds a bit daft but think it would give the ride a ending.
"ERRRRRRRRRRR EXCUSE ME"
Anonymous

You know you score in Duel, I wonder if Towers have given something away fopr having the top score?
Dom1991

Say, has anyone actually noticed if the Franenstein and Einstein have showed up in Duel?
doom+sons1988

I've been on twice this season and no show but it doesen't mean it won't ever be installed. The second time I went AT I noticed in the Zombie Finale, a archway cleared of crates and barrels.
"ERRRRRRRRRRR EXCUSE ME"
themeparkdude

GRIM REAPER IN FLIGHT
TORTURED SPIRIT IN FLIGHT
VAMPIRESS IN FLIGHT

That is what Tomb Blaster has, I can't find anymore.
Visit www.thorpeparkinsider.co.uk
We have a froum, great ride veveiws, and special features which you can not find anywhere else!
www.tussaudszone.com
We have STEALTH TESTING COVERAGE!

fatboytim

[quote=""doom+sons1988""]http://www.rcdb.com/id1523.htm

A Interactive Enclosed Rollercoaster !!
This should have been what they turned Duel into. It's also built by Namco who devolp videogames such as Time Crisis.[/quote]
I just gotta say, I've been on this ride, and it was pretty fun. It goes round quite fast and it has slopes & drops. Duel would be great if it went a bit faster, especially round bends, like that Japanese one, it'd go slow up to a bend so you could shoot then suddenly accelerate as it starts to turn. The Fujiyama ride they have there (http://www.rcdb.com/id1190.htm) I have to say is the best rollercoaster I've ever been on. If you ever go to Japan make sure you go to Fuji-Q :D Dodonpa was great too. You accelerate to full speed in a couple of seconds and travel to the other end of the park, round a long bend, then back again, with a couple of bends and a couple of steep climbs then drops with great flying feeling as you go over the top. Only bad things about it are the fact that while I was queueing a tyre burst on one of the cars and it was closed for almost an hour and I had to put up with their queue 'music' which consisted of nothing but people constantly saying "Doom, Doom, Pa! Doom, Doom, Pa!" I'm going to Alton Towers in June, hopefully Rita will be working so I can see how it compares to Dodonpa!
Tom M

What is the 100% AT URL?
doom+sons1988

Why ?
"ERRRRRRRRRRR EXCUSE ME"
Dom1991

The 100% AT URL... There's a link to the site in D&S1988's Signature.
TenZero

GRIM REAPER IN FLIGHT
TORTURED SPIRIT IN FLIGHT
VAMPIRESS IN FLIGHT

That is what Tomb Blaster has, I can't find anymore.

Ermm...
Tomb Blaster doesnt have any of them as it isnt a haunted ride its a tomb with skulls, snakes, ect..
themeparkdude

OOOOOps i meant duel lol. I know what duel is I have ridden it. And I know what tomb blaster is I have ridden it. lol
We have a froum, great ride veveiws, and special features which you can not find anywhere else!
www.tussaudszone.com

TenZero

Ok, next time just dont pm me.
Anonymous

I rode Deul for the first time since the re theme yesturday.

I have to say, I'm impressed. All this negative talking got me prepared for the worst but it's OK. The only complaint I have about it is teh fact your hand's ache really bad after the ride. Best bit = rotation tunnel :D

Lewis
Dom1991

I haven't been on Duel. I don't like things jumping out at you but If you're to busy shooting targets and don't really notice anything i'll give it a go. (and before anyone does NO ONE call me a wimp!)
themeparkdude

[quote=""Dom C""]I haven't been on Duel. I don't like things jumping out at you but If you're to busy shooting targets and don't really notice anything i'll give it a go. (and before anyone does NO ONE call me a wimp!)[/quote]

Same here lol, I went on it though just to try it.
www.tussaudszone.com