Downtime 2015

What rides and attractions do you miss? Share your memories of Alton Towers' extensive past here.
Morgan

Maybe... Another bolt [emoji38]
No, the reliability on the thing is hideous.
Dan

TTheory wrote:Maybe... Another bolt [emoji38]
No, the reliability on the thing is hideous.
During it's first season I would have agreed with you.

However since then it's reliability has improved ten-fold. I don't think it deserves as much stick as it's gets, but it will be interesting to see if it opens on time tomorrow.
Aidan Lowe

Yea as opposed to the first year its actually not that bad now, I would probably say its one of the best just behind Nemesis for having little downtime.
Formerly known under username Andy Mc
Dan

Oblivion is currently closed, and it has been all day.

The AT Twitter team are saying that they are hoping to get it open this afternoon.
Wedjie

Maybe it's a new ploy to save money on free tickets... :twisted:

Everyday of the Big6Challenge, one of the Big 6 will be closed ;)

No free giveaways
Dan

Dan.N wrote:Oblivion is currently closed, and it has been all day.

The AT Twitter team are saying that they are hoping to get it open this afternoon.
Oblivion has now re-opened.
Aidan Lowe

Paul Jones filmed them manually pushing the oblivion shuttle, found it on his instagram.

" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
Formerly known under username Andy Mc
Ryan.B

When I got off Oblivion yesterday (around 3:20- 3:30) they told us while we were waiting to go back in the station to, unbuckle our seatbelts, open our restraints, and close them and the seatbelt before we walked of, so basically we had to close the restraints after getting off, anyone know why?
Morgan

Probably a test, did anyone vomit?
Ryan.B

Nope we got off it was on 0-5 minutes queue so they may have taken the shuttle off
Dan

I'm not sure why they would ask a train full of guests to close the restraints and do the belt up after riding? Oblivion was dual loading yesterday so it's not like they were short of staff to do it. I'd have also thought they would be breaking some sort of H&S/operations rule by getting guests to do it themselves.
Altonboy001

Smiler kept sending empty trains and then stopped completely and delay went out then it went any stopped at bottom of first hill and then it opened then after 5 minutes 2 cars got stuck for ages at bottom of v lift on block brakes
Adam.W

Well, judging by the previous post, and the Instagram video, I think it could be to do with power issues, as both rides are being affected, however I might be wrong
Balb0wa

someone has said nuts falling off the smiler today on the fb page
Morgan

It's open according to Ride Times...
tallicay2k

Altonboy001 wrote:Smiler kept sending empty trains and then stopped completely and delay went out then it went any stopped at bottom of first hill and then it opened then after 5 minutes 2 cars got stuck for ages at bottom of v lift on block brakes
Sorry buddy, this post made me giggle. I just about made sense of what you have typed.
SEEK...AND...DESTROY
Sentri558

According to http://www.ridetimes.com" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false; Rita is down!
http://snag.gy/lSm0C.jpg" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
Altonboy001

tallicay2k wrote:
Altonboy001 wrote:Smiler kept sending empty trains and then stopped completely and delay went out then it went any stopped at bottom of first hill and then it opened then after 5 minutes 2 cars got stuck for ages at bottom of v lift on block brakes
Sorry buddy, this post made me giggle. I just about made sense of what you have typed.
sorry, probably would of made more sense with punctation.
thedeckking

I'm at the park now and Enterprise has just gone down and the ride op is saying it's a major issue and might be the end of the ride. He also suggested ripsaw would be moving into the area to fill the gap from submission. Other rumours going round the staff are that Spinball will go soon with cbeebies expanding into the gap.
Ryan.B

Ripsaw wouldnt survive the move, if enterprise breaking down is major, it will likely to be going. I see a redevelopment in flats for 2015 much like thorpe park when they got rush and slammer in 2005. We may see a top spin in x sector, but it won't be ripsaw. Im hoping f flats in Mutiny Bay or Cloud Cuckoo Land, X sector and Dark forest next year two thrill flats to replace ripsaw and enterprise, and a family flat to replace the blade.