The Future of The Flume

Got an idea of how the Alton Towers Resort may develop over the coming seasons? Discuss it here.
spleenharvester

[quote=""Begining Of The End""]
And then you go through a diving barrel roll during the inside section :P[/quote]

Hmm... I think I just found another use for Corkie's loops :)
jack030894

I think the flume should be remade up like storm force ten but with either a pirate theme ( Pirates of the Caribbean) or Re themed into a jungle log again. the ride i think needs to be cut short.
DiogoJ42

Wouldn't it be easier to just build a new, better, modern ride?
Bote

Well yes it would. But then we'd loose the flume as we know it. I'd prefer it if they just sprouced it up a bit :)
DiogoJ42

They tried that before, and we ended up with the Evil Duck Of Doom! :P

The Flume has had it's day. It's knackered.
Bote

If we were to see a new flume, which manufacturer would you like to see on the job? I'd like either Intamin, or B.E.A.R (Stormforce 10).
DiogoJ42

I wouldn't be fussy about who made it as long as it was good.
Maybe a water coaster is the way forward, rather than a flume. Something like Vliegende Hollander incorporating a dark ride section would be cool.
Bote

[quote=""Diogoj42""]as long as it was good[/quote]

Thats Pinfari off the list then :P Imagin if they built Alton one :yikes:
DiogoJ42

Alton already have a Pinfari. Maybe they got a two-for-one deal and are just waiting for the (very delayed) delivery? :P
Big C

[quote=""Diogoj42""]Alton already have a Pinfari. Maybe they got a two-for-one deal and are just waiting for the (very delayed) delivery? :P[/quote]

LOL... Are you talking about The Beastie? If you are, it wasn't exactly a massive investment to pull the crowds in and surely it would have been delivered by now?! :lol:

I quite fancy an intamin water coaster or if Alton are certain on replacing the old flume with a new one i would like to see a Mack (but make sure it has an inverter). Alton atm are investing alot so i think the flume will just have new boats as pirate ships and a paint job linked into mutiny bay. That wouldn't cost alot... :roll:

My thoughts entirely! :D
Secret submission lover.
Who doesn't love that comfy piece of chance?

I am a brass band nerd, deal with it!
AstroDan

Regardless of whether people like it, the ride seems knackered to me. It's old and needs replacing by a better, new log flume from Mack.
Matt.C

[quote=""AstroDan""]Regardless of whether people like it, the ride seems knackered to me. It's old and needs replacing by a better, new log flume from Mack.[/quote]
Mack salesman to the rescue :wink:

I hope it goes soon, It was a painful experience riding it on halloween, all that clunking about.
BSwiss

Although a water coaster could be a good investment for the park I am undecided about one. One thing I love about the flume is the fact that you have your own tub to yourself and friends. Something that a water coaster may not have.
Gloomy Dude

I don't personally believe Alton will do anything with the Flume until it looks in danger of physically collapsing. However, if and when it's replaced, I do like the idea of just a fancy new updated Flume. Family water attractions, by their very nature, have such a broad appeal that only the constantly moving floatilla of bath tubs/logs/whatever could reasonably deal with the demand on hot, busy days. Log flumes are still a great queue eater, and queue processor.

Get Mack in, some nice pirate theming, get a backwards drop in the mix and push the height of the final drop up to the maximum they could possibly get away with. Bingo! Bob's yer sleazy uncle :)
For some things there is no rational explanation. There is no way out. There is no happy ending to this story. Welcome to the unknown. Welcome to eternal darkness.

Welcome to Charlie and the Chocolate Factory - The Ride
shanem345

[quote=""AstroDan""]Regardless of whether people like it, the ride seems knackered to me. It's old and needs replacing by a better, new log flume from Mack.[/quote]

I agree that flume is so tired and i would like to see a Mack flume in its place!
ryanlovesaltontowers

id like to see something like the one at universal's ioa
they incorporate a story into the ride which is so much better than bashing around a section of the Flume where the only scenery is the trees :evil:
Big C

I don't know whether i am making this up but is the flume's contract with imperial leather due to run out in March 2010?

If yes then i reckon a pirate re - theme will be on the cards and then in 2012 a whole replacement? - which is NEEDED! - it is falling apart...
Secret submission lover.
Who doesn't love that comfy piece of chance?

I am a brass band nerd, deal with it!
Mr P

IU still think it should've been "Pirate-ised" when Mutiny Bay came alon, just a few eye-patches on the ducks and pirate hats lying around, gold-coloured water canons dotted around the queue would have made an even unique-er theme!
Ritadz

[quote=""numb3r1towersfan""]I don't know whether i am making this up but is the flume's contract with imperial leather due to run out in March 2010?
[/quote]

Yes it does and i think the 2010 season will be the end of the flume and this time next year we'll all be wondering what AT will build in its place

I think a racing woodie like grand national at BPB would be nice
Bote

[quote=""Adz123""]we'll all be wondering what AT will build in its place[/quote]

I would say that it has got to be a water ride, as they would need to compensate for the removal of The Flume. Plus I thik that the woods are perfect for a flume style ride, as you can't see, and don't know what's coming up.