Mayhem Camping It Up™?

Been to an attraction recently? Planning a trip? Tell us about it here or get some hints and tips for your next visit.
Anonymous

Right, I have booked! Very nice laydee on the phone.

We have the bottom field as usual, yay! I requested it and luckily it was the only space she has left!

I asked to reserve 10 tent spaces ranging from 4 man tents to 2 man tents. Basically, this booking allows up to 20 people, I hope it's enough!

The charge is £10.50 per tent and we need to send off our individual cheques ASAP, for £10.50 per tent. You need to make cheques payable to Quarry Walk Ltd and you also need to write my name and address on the back (eek!) - PM me or speak to me on MSN for that.

When you've sent off your cheque for your tent, can you post here, so I can cancel any remaining tent spaces left, so they don't expect payment for it. :D Thank you!

Please send cheques to:

Quarry Walk Caravan & Camping Park
Coppice Lane
Freehay
Cheadle
Staffordshire
ST10 1RQ

Hopefully we have enough spaces booked for everybody! I'm going to send mine off in the next couple of days.

Post if you've got any problems with sending a cheque. :)

:W

And sorry to sound so bossy, lol. :D
Gashead

[quote=""Gashead""]Talking of camping, i really got my pubes in a twist this morning. I got my tent yesterday (A great starter tent for anyone that needs one from a well known superstore) then last night i thought id have a gander in the box, all was well until i decided to sleep in my sleeping bag... Woke up this morning and ive just spent 30mins trying to get the ******* back in the bloody bag thingy and it wont go in :x It was like giving birth, a hard squeeze getting the bugger out now, its grown over 8 hours and now its too big to go back in :shock: Thinking about it i reckon the bloke did say all fires had to be off the ground as im positive other people had BBQ's going[/quote]

GASHEADS TENT UPDATE:

Still havent got my sleeping bag back in, however got the tent up, its really fantasic, well worth the £35. If anyone needs a tent get this one. Luckily it looks like its gone back into the bags now(dads doing it) unlike the sleeping bag! Pleanty of room in them and took 5mins to assemble! Unlike the wank tent me and kaycee had last year that took over a hour to put up and still wasnt right! Its official the tent is back in the bag :lol:
Nick

Well i've just bought a 2 man tent from Argos for £18.99 which wasnt too bad. Just worried that I wont be able to get it in the bag now if I put it up :oops:

I think i'm sharing with Dave, waiting to see if Neil is gonna make his mind up and join us for an extra night!

Where is everybody going to eat on the Saturday night? Kaycee mentioned getting a big chippy order in, and Williscroft was saying he'd do pizza.
Gashead

We usally do chippy, i was thinking dominos LMAO but im not fussed, chippy is usally easier
Nutty dreadz

think i'm sharing with Dave, waiting to see if Neil is gonna make his mind up and join us for an extra night!
You cheeky bugger telling em all that! I'm trying my best to make it, but its not looking to good TBH.
I've spent so much money going to and from AT this month - Southend is way to far away, I really should move further up north!

I'll do my best though, depends on work too. I'd love to be there, sounds like a right laugh - Watch this space.
Dom1991

Ok, I'm a little confused now, never before has Dad been so indecisive! First he said we were going, then we weren't, now we are again. (I figured we'll 100% definite be able to make the saturday) Then when he confirmed the Saturday, he said we might as well go camping aswell. But now he's thinking otherwise! I'll keep onto him, if I know him he'll change his mind again after the cheques have to be sent. I think he isn't keen on the camping in case it rains, it looks like we might stay over for the Sunday aswell but we'll be staying at a hotel if he still isn't keen on the camping idea, no doubt it'd be cheaper to camp though. . . ? :?
Vik

We usally do chippy
If I remember rightly, the only chippy in Cheadle closed at the really daft time of 8pm last August, and for the 2nd night had to rely on some real dodgy chips from the near by kebab shop. More or less the only 2 shops in Cheadle. :evil:
Sent from my ZX81 via Time Travel

Nick

Well i'd be willing to drive down to Uttoxeter or to Stoke to a Pizza Hut or somewhere to pick up some food if anybody wants anything other than chips
Anonymous

There's a Subway in Uttoxeter.

Don't know if that has any effect on anything, just thought I'd say. :D:D
Nick

Ooooo well a Subway will change my mind from having a pizza :D

I think we'll also need to buy some ice from a supermarket somewhere so we can cool our beer down :D
Lon

There must be a Pizza Boy Bike Delivery Service :mrgreen:
Vik

My cheque is now on its merry way to Quarry Walks.
Sent from my ZX81 via Time Travel

Dom1991

Right, it's official: I will be there on the Saturday but no camping for me this time, I should be at another camping it up this year though. I'm a little disappointed but at least I can go on the Saturday, sorry if this causes any inconvenience.
Crofty

[quote=""NickAndrews""]Well i'd be willing to drive down to Uttoxeter or to Stoke to a Pizza Hut or somewhere to pick up some food if anybody wants anything other than chips[/quote]

You REALLY shouldn't have said that mate. Trust me from past experience :x :P

:D :D
Ant

Well Subway it is then its food I love and know very well.
Gashead

[quote=""Ant""]Well Subway it is then its food I love and know very well.[/quote]

Ant before worrying about subway...Have you booked :lol: :lol: :lol:
leighar

I have posted my cheque today
dstone_uk
Location: Ug Basketball, Ug Land, Alton Towers, Staffs, ST10 4DB :D

paid!
and the problem with subway is that if you have the salids or sourses then, being fresh the bread tends to get all soggy and disintgrate after like 10 mins! :cry:

(*)corkscrew rules(*)D

Nick

Hmmmm, could take a cool box down with us or something to keep them a bit less soggy.

I'm gonna have to see if I can get my tent up, but i'm scared i'll erect it and I wont be able to get it back in the bag again :!:
Anonymous

anyone got space for me?!