The Smiler - Construction Discussion

Smile always. New for 2013.
lewis97
Admin
Admin

tleady wrote: John Lewis hired it for their employees
And apparently it was rubbish...

But people have said they couldn't see anymore construction, they could only see the inverted drops. So there is likely more construction down the other end of the site.
djneice

owenjohn wrote: Been reading the construction forum for a while now and this is my first post!,  for some reason I have it in my head that the first lift hill will have an inline twist half way up it! giving us 15 inversions!
I doubt that would happen as it would be impossible? Only possible way would be with a launch and that could be uncomfortable.

I thought it was agreed at 14 now anyway? So there would not be a 15th
TomL

djneice wrote:
owenjohn wrote: Been reading the construction forum for a while now and this is my first post!,  for some reason I have it in my head that the first lift hill will have an inline twist half way up it! giving us 15 inversions!
I doubt that would happen as it would be impossible? Only possible way would be with a launch and that could be uncomfortable.

14 is not an official number. Alton Towers havent even said that its a world record holder for inversions... There could still be more to come
Roodlesnouter

Why do people keep saying a launch up the first lift hill will be "uncomfortable". I don't understand why people think this, it is more than possible.

It is almost as if someone has said it and now everyone believes it to be true.

Nobody knows the inversion count either, it has been worked out that 14 exist from what we know and have seen, we could see more as we don't know everything.
http://pixelsattheparks/" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
owenjohn

djneice wrote:

Nothings imposible!, if you look  at Mystery Mine it does have an uphill inversion aftre the second drop!
Last edited by owenjohn on Sun Mar 10, 2013 1:14 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Trisnie

roodlesnouter wrote: Why do people keep saying a launch up the first lift hill will be "uncomfortable". I don't understand why people think this, it is more than possible.

Nobody knows the inversion count either, it has been worked out that 14 exist from what we know and have seen, we could see more as we don't know everything.
For me I would prefer a launch opposed to a traditional lift I find those uncomfortable the thing with a launch in that they are over so quickly if I could take a gamble I would say a launch myself perhaps 2 if we are lucky but I guess this should be in the speculation topic sorry but I'm getting fed up with people stating things as fact when in truth they don't have a clue! "It will NOT be a launch", "it will be" "The cars won't be 4D" "Can we please stop talking about *inset topic here* it WON'T happen"

I'm not a mod so I'm sorry but as a member  can we please keep it to what we know and respect other people may have another point of view
bigstanny

roodlesnouter wrote: Why do people keep saying a launch up the first lift hill will be "uncomfortable". I don't understand why people think this, it is more than possible.

I don't think a launch would be uncomfortable, Hulk in IOA, I thought that was fantastic and that's an inverted going into a cobra roll. It would add to the thrill so long as the launch wasn't too intense.
getothing

today have a update ?? its sunday ¡ please
If an inline twist, tower times team  would not hide ¡¡¡
i want to corrected now ¡
lewis97
Admin
Admin

getothing wrote: today have a update ?? its sunday ¡ please
It's snowing... so it's not looking likely :(

Just be patient, soon there'll be loads of photos once the park's open again
Nathan Clulow97

in stoke its clear blue sky so we could be having an update :roll:
ManiaMuse

I don't see why a launch up a lift hill would be uncomfortable. I've been on Battlestar Galactica at Universal Singapore which is two dueling coasters with LSM launched lifts and they are loads of fun. Admittedly the launches are quite tame and they coast over the crest but nothing at all uncomfortable about them.

Don't forget there is Maverick at Cedar point which has a launched LSM launched lift into a beyond vertical drop which all the American coaster enthusiasts rave about. Plus there are others (Hulk, Space Mountain Paris).
Nathan Clulow97

we could have a update today if tt can get mi7 in the air because it is beutifal here in leek ( wich is 5 miles away from at) also i would now start to doubt a secret elemnt but considering that alton towers said on there twitter page no photos will be allowed to be taken in or around x sector so is there omething they might whant to hide????
temleh

I barely post on here but for goodness sake, go and hire your own chopper if you want an update! The TTF guys have done MORE than enough already this closed season for us enthusiasts!!

Keep it up MI7 and hopefully we'll see the chocks released soon! :)
Follow me on Instagram! @v05mattclay
Sam198

Nathan Clulow97 wrote:
JayTricky wrote:
getothing wrote: today have a update ?? its sunday ¡ please
ten paciencia mi amigo, nos pondremos un poco!  8)
english please
I do believe he's joking. ;)

But can we try to avoid publicly criticizing other members please? If you have a problem with a post, you can always report it. 8)
coastercrazy18

Trisnie wrote:

For me I would prefer a launch opposed to a traditional lift I find those uncomfortable the thing with a launch in that they are over so quickly if I could take a gamble I would say a launch myself perhaps 2 if we are lucky but I guess this should be in the speculation topic sorry but I'm getting fed up with people stating things as fact when in truth they don't have a clue! "It will NOT be a launch", "it will be" "The cars won't be 4D" "Can we please stop talking about *inset topic here* it WON'T happen"

I'm not a mod so I'm sorry but as a member  can we please keep it to what we know and respect other people may have another point of view

It is possible to have an uphill inversion with a launch if it was uncomfortable thay wouldnt of built kingda ka or that ride called top thrill dragster
Last edited by coastercrazy18 on Sun Mar 10, 2013 2:53 pm, edited 1 time in total.
its always good to go to the dentist so you can get a better smile :D
clayj

coastercrazy18 wrote: It is possible to have an uphill inversion with a launch if it was uncomfortable thay wouldnt of built king de kap or that ride called top speed dragster
You have to remember top thrill dragster is 420ft though lol

Best example of a launch into inversion would be incredible hulk at IOA

With regards the smiler... I'm simply speculating that it may have a soft launch which relatively softly crests the hill.
[align=center]Image

ɹǝןıɯs ǝɥʇ[/align]
bigstanny

Don't ya just feel glum when construction topic is slow. :cry:
Danny

More heavier snow due tomorrow, don't know if its hitting alton towers but an update tomorrow isn't looking promising  :cry:
KevBales

For where I live in Uttoxeter (about 15mins from the park) it's supposed to be light snow for most of the day tomorrow according to the BBC weather site  :( just hoping this doesn't slow things down!
"If they open the vault they're meddling with things they don't understand... they should just leave the vault alone..."
nodestinyx

i'm getting serious withdrawal issues from not seeing updates :(