New to the forum? Introduce yourself here!

General discussion regarding the UK's No.1 Theme Park. Talk about anything and everything Alton Towers here.
Anonymous

Welcome to the Forum Tweak! Hope you enjoy your stay, don't be afraid to join in on the convos etc :D

Great, fun and lively bunch here!

Brett.
AfroDan

Hello all!

I have been a long-time reader, rare poster, however now I feel the time is right for me to pop up and say hello to all you lovely TTF-ers :D

My name is Daniel, and I'm born and bred in the mighty Cheshire! I have loved Alton Towers all of my life, but would class myself as a 'fan' since we went on a trip with school a few years back - I spent weeks beforehand going through TT searching for trip tips etc, and I simply havent been able to keep myself off the site since!

In my spare time, I play piano and saxophone and also am the consort to the Mayor of my town - basically this means that I accompany her on official functions! All is very exciting!

I look forward to getting to know peeps on the forums, although I must say all you 'hardcore posters' do seem a bit scary to us newbies! :lol: :wink:

Dan
Anonymous

Hello, my name is Daniel and I was referred here by Harrison AKA maguire245. He told me this was really cool forums, so I thought I would check it out.
air_head

Ok, not really a new member - I've been on and off since 2003! BUT I'm living back in Stoke now after spending 3 years in London so hoping to make a much bigger contribution to the forum now and get involved with meets.

Looking forwards to seeing some old faces, and meeting some new ones!
richdirk123

Hello! I am richdirk123 and I'm eleven years old. I have been to Alton Towers Resort once on 29th October 2009. I have been to THORPE PARK and Chessington World of Adventures an uncountable amount of times, though. I bet I'll enjoy myself here! See you soon! :D
Big C

Hi, i am Alex: I have quite a build and is a lonely child who goes Alton Towers with his father every 2 weeks and TP every 4 weeks. Of course i have a MAP and i am very knowledgeable about coasters, manufacturers etc. for my age. I am often referred to as a human database on the history of Alton on legs and very a smart -NO KIDDING!- child, who also designs great rollercoasters, i have had many scholarships although i shall not bore you with the facts. Anyway, i will wait a few years before showing myself publicly to the TT crew however feel free to come up to me (if you can pinpoint me by the description) as i continuously attend TTF meets and i will also be attending the 13 Preview Weekend but i prefer to wander in the shadows and wait for the time to strike :wink: ...
Secret submission lover.
Who doesn't love that comfy piece of chance?

I am a brass band nerd, deal with it!
Anonymous

Hello! Well I'm Karl, 21 years of age and I have decided to join this grand forum here after viewing it over the shoulders of my Brother for many years :-p . I'm not a Towers nerd but I do love the place and I'm considering working there if I can. Well that's me in a very small and salty nut shell! I look forward to spending some time on here :-)
Thorpefandan

Hi, I'm dan . Allthough I've been interested in theme parks for ages and have browsed through these forums many a time I've only just made an account. In my classes at school ( I'm only 14) whenever a rollercoaster or theme park is implied everyone stares at me, people also laugh when I can name inversions, and how they are not corkscrews at the end of collussus. I'm mainly a thorpe park fan, but I think Alton towers is so much better, I just get annoyed it's 300 miles away and my brother doesn't like towers. Oh well
It\'s Big Bob, it\'s Big Bob, it\'s Big Bobs radio show.

Beth

No doubt people have forgotten me, not that it's hard to miss me!

I've been on TTF since mid 2005, but when Adz was in reign of the forum my profile was accidentally reset, so it shows me as being joined since 2006.

Anyways, I'm Beth, short for Bethan, I live on Anglesey in North Wales. I try and make Alton trips as often as I can when on leave at work, but not being able to drive, I sometimes have to over rely on my friends to come with me! (I'm such a skivvy!)
I work at BT as an operator, taking 999, 100 and 118404 (Welsh Direstories) which I enjoy. My favourite ride is either Rita or Nemesis, used to be BlivBliv but the pontless 1hr30mins queue I experienced before for a minute long ride put me off!
::: (\\(\\
*: (=\' :\') :*
•.. (,(\'\')(\'\')¤°
shane790_0

Hi Im Shane, I found this great forum while looking into the history of the american adventure (which was my local theame park). Ive mostly stuck to other 'theame park' section of the forum as its been a fair few years since I last went to Alton Towers :oops: But you guys and gals have really got me back into theame parks in a big way and am now planning on visiting all of our great parks this year :D

You have also opened my eyes to the day to day running of the parks (where the rides come from ect.) Im like a sponge right now just soaking all the info up lol

Keep up the good work!
QTXAdsy

Hello, I'm Adam and 17 years old. But you can call me QTX on these forums. :)

I've only been to Alton twice (1997 and 2008) as I live up in Scotland :scotland: ...not much fun getting down south. I have been looking at this site since last year, but couldn't think if I should join, well now I have. You may find me mostly quiet as I'am shy most times. 8-[

But I hope I'll get to know everyone on the forum. :wink:
James

Hey Beth, I remember you posting on the forums yonks ago. :)

and Welcome Alex, Karl, Dan, Shane and Adam! One shiny welcome rep point from me to you all. :D
Benedique

Do you know what I don't think i've ever posted in this topic...oops! As the saying goes 'better late than never' I'm Dominique (as if you didn't already know just from my username) pronounced dom-i-neek (not Dominic - as i often get called, grr) I'm 19 (20 this year), I've been following the forum for years but i've never really been one for posting and so I only joined up last year & since then i've become quite a little chatterbox on here :) ! That's all really! Welcome to you all above and a few pages back... :mrgreen:
The Crunchy Nutter

Hi I'm Justin.

I've been hanging around here for a few weeks now, starting to feel my way around. Hadn't been to AT for years when just after crimbo I saw the Merlin Annual Pass advertised at a ludicrously cheap £75, so I took the plunge and quickly got hooked again :mrgreen:

Now planning to visit Thorpe on the 18th, AT on the 20th, followed by a day at Europa Park on the 27th :twisted:

Anyways, I'm 28, happily single, and work for a railway company in Birmingham - hence it costs me peanuts to get to all of Merlin's UK attractions 8)
SheikhSam

hi all, im not really what you call new around here, but about as new as a greenish, bluey, loaf.
anyway, my names sam, i come from a small town in Bedford which no-ones probably heard of called Wootton. I go to the resort at least three times a year, so its quite a climb, to get all the way up there, i go on the train with at least three switchovers, and the seemingly dodgy public shutle to get to the resort, i dont really get much of a day cause of the last train to derby from stoke station, leaves way before the park closes, i do enjoy the shuttle ride run by AT, but last time we went, the driver smelt of alcohol [-X , i used to have no life, but then found out about roller coasters and rides, so id started working at the fair, after that i went on to buy a full mobile disco set, ive added to it over the years, but it gets a little more money in when seasons over :)
school wasn't really my thing, the teachers didn't get on with me very well, i wasn't going to stay on for uni and college, id rather live life, on more of a exiting side, so thats more or less what i did, you can't take money to the grave, but you will bring memories :D
Beth

Lol not as active anymore to be honest, members have changed round and times have changed!
Will try becoming a regular again, I miss this place!
::: (\\(\\
*: (=\' :\') :*
•.. (,(\'\')(\'\')¤°
NeilHD

Afternoon all. I'm Neil - live in South London/Surrey, so Chessy is my local park, but never seem to get there as often as I'd like. That's going to change this year as we (me, wife, 2 kids) have bought ourselves some Merlin Annual Passes (to make up for not going to Disneyworld this year!).

We are huge theme park fans and all coaster mad (well, the wife is within reason - sometimes she won't like them). Me and daughter will go on any coaster at any time. My little boy is only 4 but he loves coasters and rides and is totally fearless on them. Measured him the other day and he should be okay for Vampire!

Looking forward to finally riding Stealth as well. On 2 previous visits (and my wife who went without me once) it's been closed... although that didn't stop them selling me fastpasses for it once (and then refusing to refund me!).

Picking up our MAPs on 20th March at Thorpe so will be heading to the passholders day at Chessy on the 21st.
Anthony

Greetings!

I think it goes without saying that I love Alton Towers, I can remember being really interested since I was a young child, I'm 19 now. I've been a fair few times, but not as many as I'd like.

I live in Birmingham, so I'm not too far away from The Towers, but not as close as I'd like to be!

There's not loads to say really, it's just good to be able to talk to people who share similar, albeit niche, interests. I look forward to getting to know you all and most likely go on some meetups!

See you around
-Dorsia
TheOneWho

Hello everyone!

Not been to Alton since 1997 (Oblivion was still under wraps!) but now I am. Us Scots may get free university, but not got any decent thrills.

See you around,

Claire.
Invie

Helloooooo new people. :twisted: Enjoy your stay here.